what 5 Manly players under pressure to perform 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Relax and breathe,you will wake up in the morning,there are many memes for you to still discover and post.
Be grateful for what you have and not try to shame others into doing things you want them to do.
You sound like a propaganda machine on speed.
Relaxation in for the passive and not the passionate

Every meme has a deep meaning that is too deep for the shallow ones to comprehend

I am grateful that I belong to the Greatest club of all and I will never accept mediocrity to shame it and bring it down from its pedestal

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

I don’t believe Jake should be guaranteed a spot before the 17 are picked but obviously at Manly he is so I take your point.

Jake is Manly’s version of Hindmarsh with a better tackling technique and some linkage play.

Racking up numbers doesn’t necessarily mean the team overall improves.
I can see where you are coming from with Jake and that is constructive criticism that we are all humbled by it as no one is perfect

Relaxation in for the passive and not the passionate

Every meme has a deep meaning that is too deep for the shallow ones to comprehend

I am grateful that I belong to the Greatest club of all and I will never accept mediocrity to shame it and bring it down from its pedestal

View attachment 20203
I am sure that if we reviewed all your memes they would be all too deep and
enlightened for most here lol.

I don’t believe Jake should be guaranteed a spot before the 17 are picked but obviously at Manly he is so I take your point.

Jake is Manly’s version of Hindmarsh with a better tackling technique and some linkage play.

For right or wrong Jake is 100% part of the Manly 13....not 17 ....every week
I say for right or wrong as I don't feel players on the field or ppl in everyday life deserve entitlement - it is earned and needs to be maintained, not an automatic pass mark based on past performances.
Jake is a different animal, he IS the heart of Manly in many ways , though not perfect, as sometimes see him stifle outside attacks, almost getting in the way of his quicker outside players and overlaps....though he does also possess subtle ball skills and works well with Tom and defensively holds the middle together.
I don't at all get the Hindmarsh comparison apart from big statistic numbers.
Hindmarsh was far more mobile and could score 50m tries, purely a running back rower, but had nowhere near the vision or ball playing ability of Jake.
Both tackle well, but Jake is easily superior with technique and Hindmarsh would only edge Jake out with cover defence due to the fact he could run like a back.

You've got to be joking! comparison with Hindmarsh?? Please.
Hindmarsh was a good player but was famous for flopping onto tackles that were already made by someone else. Jake actually makes the tackle stopping the attacker. Frequently one on one, and frequently occasioning harm to the ball carrier. He doesn't run like Hindmarsh because he's not a second rower he's a middle forward. Jake can handle the ball with guile which was never a feature of Hindmarsh's game.

Hindmarsh was a good player but was famous for flopping onto tackles that were already made by someone else. Jake actually makes the tackle stopping the attacker. Frequently one on one, and frequently occasioning harm to the ball carrier. He doesn't run like Hindmarsh because he's not a second rower he's a middle forward. Jake can handle the ball with guile which was never a feature of Hindmarsh's game.
I think what he is trying to say is at times there is a resemblance to the Hindmarsh stereo type play that stood out in the finals series .

Last edited:
Jake is a different animal, he IS the heart of Manly in many ways , though not perfect, as sometimes see him stifle outside attacks, almost getting in the way of his quicker outside players and overlaps....though he does also possess subtle ball skills and works well with Tom and defensively holds the middle together.
Jake is a different animal but we dont often see those differences in the way that Des has him playing . IMO

The playing styles between these 2 blokes is like a comparison between Miss Piggy and Angelina Jolie.....if you see the resemblance Bozo, I can't help you mate @:p
Miss Piggy and Angie Baby are both females and that is a comparison in it self feathered friend :)

I never said they are identical in their playing strengths and weaknesses i am stating having good numbers doesn't necessarily equate to providing as many positives to the team as it appears.

"Same same but different" as stated at the markets.

Manly have been lacking a dynamic middle back rower who plays long minutes and can make a break through the middle third or support a half back off the hip.

Jake "obviously" has his strengths in the tackling department but is also slow to get off the tackled player and leaves gaps behind when he struggles with the pace of the game----in many respects understandable with his minutes and tackle counts but still a target.

Yes Jake offers some middle linkage play but without any sharpness to his play defenders can concentrate on the runners and not him, yes he will have effective moments with some nice soft hands playing with decoys or off the hip but for the most part what he offers is mostly ineffective or at best over rated.

Jake offers good things to the team in terms of effort and leadership but way over priced. Yes we accept that for many reasons as stated before in other threads so nothing new here but it still doesn't sit right with me.

I never said they are identical in their playing strengths and weaknesses i am stating having good numbers doesn't necessarily equate to providing as many positives to the team as it appears.

"Same same but different" as stated at the markets.

Manly have been lacking a dynamic middle back rower who plays long minutes and can make a break through the middle third or support a half back off the hip.

Jake "obviously" has his strengths in the tackling department but is also slow to get off the tackled player and leaves gaps behind when he struggles with the pace of the game----in many respects understandable with his minutes and tackle counts but still a target.

Yes Jake offers some middle linkage play but without any sharpness to his play defenders can concentrate on the runners and not him, yes he will have effective moments with some nice soft hands playing with decoys or off the hip but for the most part what he offers is mostly ineffective or at best over rated.

Jake offers good things to the team in terms of effort and leadership but way over priced. Yes we accept that for many reasons as stated before in other threads so nothing new here but it still doesn't sit right with me.
I can see where you are coming from feathered friend as you have made a few clear points

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10