1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We're mates: Toovey ignores Hasler hassles

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Chip and Chase, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    THEIR clubs are being painted as the most bitter of enemies before Friday's showdown at ANZ Stadium, but Geoff Toovey says he and Des Hasler are still on such good terms that they are swapping coaching advice.

Read the full article

2. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,480 / 35
    Why would Toovey hate Hasler? His departure to the Berries gave Tooves the head coaching gig at Manly. Tooves has a lot of history with Des in the playing ranks & coaching, you don't lose that overnight.

Leave the hating of Des to us MW supporters! hehe

3. simon_eagle

simon_eagle Well-Known Member

East Sydney
    Ratings:
    +315 / 7
    Exactly. There is more than enough hate amongst the fans. I for one don't hate Des, but my god, do I want an emphatic win on Friday night!

4. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    I may not hate Des, but I sure as hell don't like him.

Actually, now that I think about it, I do hate him.

5. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    As long as the Dogs never beat Manly, and we win a few premierships under Toovs while the Dogs don't win any I think I could eventually not hate Des.

6. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    Spot on.

7. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    "Geoff Toovey says he and Des Hasler are still on such good terms that they are swapping coaching advice"

Consorting.

8. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Now if Ryan Tandy was still at the Bulldogs we could be onto something. Does anyone have Sam Ayoub's number ??

• Like Like x 2
  9. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    Des has explained to Toovey the benefits of including get-out clauses if he ever he signs a valuable player.
    Toovey told Des never pick fat forwards.