Weekes - need's Blacktown ASAP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yeah, you'd reckon Turbo might have gotten called out a bit more if people were more honest and objective. He was a disgrace this evening.
Just watching the replay now but wasn't Turbo playing through back spasms most of the game?

Just watching the replay now but wasn't Turbo playing through back spasms most of the game?
Yes, he was. He isn't right and shouldn't be picked again until he is. I believe there was too much pressure to have him ready by round one, and he simply isn't fit enough to play first grade at the moment.

Whatever. Why is he even on the field if he is not physically up to it? It's either BS excuses for a poor performance or negligence on behalf of the coaching staff putting him out there.

Weekes did well..first gig as starting 6 against two time premiers...
Kelma didn't help and Turbo was just a liability at fullback.. cmon if you can't play then do the team a favor and just sit the game out..

I'm putting my hand up for believing in Weekes. (I still do)
Not ideal yesterday, however I still think that he won't lose his ability if he moves one spot to the left.
His defence was not a tackling issue, he can defend.
It was a thinking & big occasion issue.
He'll bounce back & have supporters cheering again.

I haven’t seen the game yet only heard parts on the “wireless” anyways that was his 1st 5/8 starting role , lots of others before him in the same position have had not the best starts . He will learn from that and will be better next time

After seeing him play in the #6 position yesterday, he tried but didn’t show enough to suggest it’s his natural position. Neither is coming off the bench and covering the #9 position. Maybe the #1 is where he needs to be. I’ve suggested that Tom needs a break from the #1 position and he should play centre. I still think that but he’s clearly unfit, so he should be spelled until he’s fully fit.
Weekes is a talented player and I hope the coaching staff persist in giving him opportunities. We’ve got lots of player issues at the moment but this kid isn’t one of them. He genuinely looks like he just wants a chance. Hopefully he gets a chance in the #1 at some point.

I'm putting my hand up for believing in Weekes. (I still do)
Not ideal yesterday, however I still think that he won't lose his ability if he moves one spot to the left.
His defence was not a tackling issue, he can defend.
It was a thinking & big occasion issue.
He'll bounce back & have supporters cheering again.
He needed support yesterday from the players next to him. He was badly let down.

For the interim, I'm warming to the idea of playing Weekes at the back & Turbo in the centres. I think this would strengthen the backline, esp. defence. In attack, Turbo could take on a roving centre role, as he does in Origin. Horses for courses :racehorse:

After seeing him play in the #6 position yesterday, he tried but didn’t show enough to suggest it’s his natural position. Neither is coming off the bench and covering the #9 position. Maybe the #1 is where he needs to be. I’ve suggested that Tom needs a break from the #1 position and he should play centre. I still think that but he’s clearly unfit, so he should be spelled until he’s fully fit.
Weekes is a talented player and I hope the coaching staff persist in giving him opportunities. We’ve got lots of player issues at the moment but this kid isn’t one of them. He genuinely looks like he just wants a chance. Hopefully he gets a chance in the #1 at some point.
He needs time. But more importantly he needs better players around him to give him the confidence to play his game. His confidence will take a further battering if they dont solve that issue soon.

For the interim, I'm warming to the idea of playing Weekes at the back & Turbo in the centres. I think this would strengthen the backline, esp. defence. In attack, Turbo could take on a roving centre role, as he does in Origin. Horses for courses :racehorse:
Said the same thing going into the Mudgee game, around fielding a stronger side, (no Harper) the knights exposed our edges and the Riff destroyed them, unfortunately pretty sure the storm will be looking forward to their turn.

Weekes best attribute is his speed and support play, he‘ll follow the ball all day, his a FB after all, he played 80 there in Rd 25 last year and handled it pretty well in the conditions.

Last night was always going to be a tuff assignment, Cleary mentioned Weekes after the game saying they were going to test him defensively. Interesting to note he also rated him, the fact they went after him with the ball, he has a bucket load more potential than a number of plodders in our backline.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8