1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We need another half!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Turbo, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    It's pretty obvious that Koroisau and walker aren't long term 5/8s for DCE, atm they are playing well but plying ther favoured positions in a way. Koroisau making plenty of tackles like a hooker, while walker is running the ball like a centre. ATM we need another playmaker who can kick and Ball play going into 2017 as DCE can't do it as a stand alone half its just not possible. He has a lot pressure on him and needs most of it off to play well. Next year we are going to and out and out half to Be a threat

2. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    Unfortunately, our two most experienced back-up halves (Moltzen and John) are both out injured.

John is out for the season with a torn pectoral muscle and Moltzen sneezed on his way to training and threw out his back, dislocated his thumb and broke his legs.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Boxley

Boxley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 55
    Thought Koroisau and walker played really well. Definitely were better than Foran an what's his name.

• Ironstine Ironstine x 1
  4. HK_Eagle

HK_Eagle Well-Known Member

Hong Kong
    Ratings:
    +898 / 20
    I disagree. If we had to play another 40 minutes I think we would have been flogged.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. doohan

doohan Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 2
    Would love to get Kevin Locke!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. NewwyEagle

NewwyEagle I sleep in a racing car

Ratings:
    +1,176 / 59
    DCE and Walker will be a fine pair once they can get on the field together with the new found mongrel our pack is showing. I'm really starting to worry about our efforts in opposition twenty. 3 tries in two home games when we've had ample chances in both.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,484 / 42
    If TB had left Brown at hooker for the 80, instead of replacing him with Leary we were still in with a shot. Completely f@cked up our momentum and attack.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. qldeagle

qldeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +979 / 48
    Mate I thought Api played well last night plus he was MOM the last 2 weeks. I think we're underestimating how good a team Parra really is this year. Our biggest problem this year is we simply drop too much ball which gets the opposition rolling over the top of us and then we run out of puff and give away penalties. It's a simple game which doesn't need this amount of analysis. Hang on to the ball, complete your sets and you will eventually score points. That's it..... Simple hey.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SeaEagle21

SeaEagle21 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +866 / 14
    I thought Walker (apart from the dropped catch which lead to a try) and Api both had good games, you have to keep in mind that Parra atm with their TPA funded roster has the best defensive record of any team in the league. Last night it was a few key moments/lapses that lost us the game. The last two tries we conceded were very very soft, and Walker dropping that catch was what cost us games. $hit happens and it did last night. Disappointed with the loss but the halves weren't the reason.

Walker is getting better and once DCE returns and they start stringing a few games together they ill be very good for us.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,402 / 130
    We have to get Corey Norman for next year.

The Eels can't keep him due to cap, and we can get rid of a couple of our cap munchers like Mateo.

He solves a lot of our issues.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  11. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    I'm not a fan of Norman his kicking game is very basic and I don't consider him a good player, sure he racks up all the stats but to me I think we need a more qualified half than him. Plus Panther are about to sign him anyways on 600k a year! No thanks. Plus I'll back walker to continue his strong form than maybe we don't need a 5/8 he played really well last night. He could be the long term option but then there is the long term centre problem to replace Lyon?

• Clever Clever x 1
  12. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,402 / 130
    If you don't consider Norman a good player a sensible conversation cannot be had.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    Fair enough haha

• Like Like x 1
  14. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    If we get Keary I will go Matai @:mad:

Coote, Cronk, Nornan, Keary - lots on the market

15. Pride

Pride Active Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0
    Id even prefer benchy marshall

16. HoldenV8

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    Realistically, neither Forme nor Norman did anything exceptional last night. In fact, they were average at best. Fact was that the Speels only looked dangerous when either Semi or Jennings had the ball.

The problem was we gave those two (Semi and Jennings) too much opportunity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    2017:
    Walker to right centre, Norman to 5-8.
    Tom T to FB, Snake to France, Killer to his country estate,
    Who for right wing ?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,015 / 52
    Important to qualify that: "In the last twenty minutes."

Given that we were without DCE, Parcell, Lawrence, and Buhrer and Tapau was playing busted and Tafua succumbed to a major injury, I think we did brilliantly.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. HoldenV8

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    I think the biggest blunder we made all night was when TB took Brown off for Leary.

Brown may only be a back up hooker but he did a very good job of it last night. On the other hand Leary......yeah o_O Our attack went from fair to poor with him at dummy half.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    Norman won't leave parra and If he does Penrith will get him