We are missing our props

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Just my mind wandering @The better Robbo @maxta .. but I have been pondering the positive/negative aspects of the Walker re-invention coupled with the Shuster 2nd row role ..

There is no doubt that Schuster can, and is one of the potentially most damaging X factor players in attack .. but I am wondering how much of this talent is being lessened by having to make over 30 tackles a game, and limited to one side alley of the field ..

Do you see any merit in say starting Keppie in the second row and bringing Schuster of the bench to do the role currently being done by Walker, with a roving mandate ... he would be better at it, brought on for 2 x 20 min spells ... downside would be not having a good player on for 80 min .. upside a fresh focused X factor with a lic'n to run rampant ..

Then my bench would be

Walker .. can cover any backline position ..
Schuster
Mungo Prop 1
Mungo prop 2

Last edited:
Just my mind wandering @The better Robbo @maxta .. but I have been pondering the positive/negative aspects of the Walker re-invention coupled with the Shuster 2nd row role ..

There is no doubt that Schuster can, and is one of the potentially most damaging X factor players in attack .. but I am wondering how much of this talent is being lessened by having to make over 30 tackles a game, and limited to one side alley of the field ..

Do you see any merit in say starting Keppie in the second row and bringing Schuster of the bench to do the role currently being done by Walker, with a roving mandate ... he would be better at it, brought on for 2 x 20 min spells ... downside would be not having a good player on for 80 min .. upside a fresh focused X factor with a lic'n to run rampant ..

Then my bench would be

Lawton ..
Mungo Prop 1
Mungo prop 2
I like this dilemma Woodsie and have a few thoughts on it...
There is no doubt some give and take with Schu making more tackles on his edge, but for most part has done well in this aspect due to having great lateral movement agility and ability to make key tackles and close down opposition shifts.
Has a good motor, so I don't see it hindering his attack and seems to manage his energy super well for a youngster....also has the ball playing ability to use his slick passing game with the option of being a very dangerous runner of the ball, this outside of the very direct Foran, ensure this left edge attack with Tom chiming in- up with Souths as most dangerous left edge in the NRL
Walker - Have noticed is running with direct vigour and turning into exactly what you want off the bench - impact....the important thing with both these players is the fact they know their role - and are doing it so well

I don't think the balance is right with both Walker and Lawton on the bench. I can see its a safe option as Walker can cover backline injuries and Lawton can play dummy half. IMO the front rowers in rotation should be Paseka, Marty, Aloiai and Sipley. Keppie needs to be on the bench as a back rower / front rower. So that leaves room for one utility in my mind. Both Walker and Lawton have played really well. Its a tough choice.

I don't think the balance is right with both Walker and Lawton on the bench. I can see its a safe option as Walker can cover backline injuries and Lawton can play dummy half. IMO the front rowers in rotation should be Paseka, Marty, Aloiai and Sipley. Keppie needs to be on the bench as a back rower / front rower. So that leaves room for one utility in my mind. Both Walker and Lawton have played really well. Its a tough choice.
I think you are right. Just seems like we don't have the necessary 80 minute go forward with Walker and Lawton on the bench. I can see the merits in both players but just feels to me when Walker is on we don't have the necessary grunt go forward and a lot of it is Walker just freelancing with the ball. And that often stifles our other creative players IMO. Not sure if thats a recipe to beat a Melbourne or Penrith.

So hope Paseka is ok to go against the cowboys, bit of game time before the finals would be ideal.

Then my bench would be

Schuster
Mungo Prop 1
Mungo prop 2
I like it! Schuster has declined in his performances recently and I was smashed on here at the start of the year when I called him out for not really doing the tough hit ups. He would certainly be a super sub and probably get more out of him playing 60 minutes as a rover compared to 80 on the edge. Could be a master stroke!

Regarding people's comments on Keppie being all rocks and diamonds, I think it's worth pointing out that his brain farts only really happened when he was playing big minutes at lock. As an impact prop / second row he was a beast.

With him and paseka back we have the rotation to take this competition by the nuts.

I like it! Schuster has declined in his performances recently and I was smashed on here at the start of the year when I called him out for not really doing the tough hit ups. He would certainly be a super sub and probably get more out of him playing 60 minutes as a rover compared to 80 on the edge. Could be a master stroke!
Just swap Schuster with Lawton.
14. Walker
15. Schuster
16. Aloiai
17. Keppie
Schuster comes on early. (Walkers role - plays 60)
Walker comes on later, when Croker is taken off. (Walker plays 30) Croker is replaced by Lawton as dummy half, Schuster shifts back to the edge, Walker in the middle)
Aloiai and Keppie play their normal prop rotation role.
Simples.

14. Walker
15. Schuster
16. Aloiai
17. Keppie
Walker comes on later, when Croker is taken off. (Walker plays 30) Croker is replaced by Lawton as dummy half, Schuster shifts back to the edge, Walker in the middle)
Simples.
When using this formula I would still have Schuster on the edge in defence. Lawton in the middle. The concept of using Schuster as a rover is a good one. It will mean he gets his hands on the ball more often, and he can link with DCE and Foz more effectively.

14. Walker
15. Schuster
16. Aloiai
17. Keppie
Simples.
Complicated

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10