We are embarrassing - winning the comps is years away.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
It's a mental thing. We have the physical ability but we get to a decent lead and completely change how we play. We go from fast and fluid to nervous and clunky.
Agree. We are the worst front runners in the comp. 20-4 at half time, most fans are thrilled. Not this one. Game management goes out the fkn door as soon as we get a decent lead.

Last edited:
We are blaming DCE for the intercept try, the Waddell drop that led to a try, the pathetic Lodge kick off effort, and Saab dropping the bomb at the end ?

More embarrassing for me is the signing and extending of Lodge rather than anything Manly does on the field
To be fair with the waddell drop, DCE through that bloody rocket in wet conditions.

It's DCEs team, it's DCEs style, it's DCEs brain snaps every week. I'm sorry but it starts and ends with him. Even when we were 20 up I was fkn yelling at the tele with his stupid play. Bcoz I just knew this would happen. It's rugby league not bloody touch footy. Respect the ball!!!
Thought he was one of our best for the majority of the game but the pass that 7ft tall Saab had to jump to catch while standing next to the sideline, in the wet, on the first tackle would've been a droppable offence if it was a rookie.

Hate to say it but with hindsight I wonder if we'd have been less complacent if Chez hadn't of gotten off and Arthur played. Stupid, I know but Raiders beat us by playing the kiss strategy and we tried to out think what should've been a simple game.

People get over emotional on here sometimes, after a win too optimistic and after a loss too catastrophic. Yes we should've won that, the drops and errors and 6 agains killed us as kiwi eagle mentioned. Clean that up and we're going good, not saying premiership but in semi's for sure, anything can happen then, especially if turbo starts firing. Not embarrassing, I'd say frustrating.

Thought he was one of our best for the majority of the game but the pass that 7ft tall Saab had to jump to catch while standing next to the sideline, in the wet, on the first tackle would've been a droppable offence if it was a rookie.

Hate to say it but with hindsight I wonder if we'd have been less complacent if Chez hadn't of gotten off and Arthur played. Stupid, I know but Raiders beat us by playing the kiss strategy and we tried to out think what should've been a simple game.
He plays well when the touch footy stuff pays off but the thing is it's not gonna pay off all game long. He tries his hand way to often for mine. He needs to adapt to the game. Imagine cleary or cronk or Reynolds in this game tonight. They'd just continually chip away, build pressure and break the other team down. 20 nil up they manage the win. But nope.. not our captain. The conditions would of suited Arthur tonight, we probably don't jump out like we did but I think it would of been a completely different type of game we could of won

Rd1 conceded 24 points to Souths
Rd2 barely beat the Roosters at home despite having enough ball to win 3 games
Rd3 lost to Eels
Rd4 lost to the pathetic Dragons(granted,they always lose at the Gong
Rd5 beat a Cleary-less Panthers(won’t be too critical given nobody takes away wins against a TomT-less Manly)
Rd6 draw against NZ after leading by 16(unlucky by games end but….)
Rd7 extremely piss poor win conceding 30 against the Titans
Rd8 beat the Eels but was hardly convincing other than the 20 minutes after halftime
Rd9 less said the better
I could do the same with last season and it would read almost exactly the same.Even the wins last year,other than end of season junk time wins,had question marks over them.Seibold talks up a good game,but he’s done nothing with the teams defence and attitude,same problems he had at the Broncos

People get over emotional on here sometimes, after a win too optimistic and after a loss too catastrophic. Yes we should've won that, the drops and errors and 6 agains killed us as kiwi eagle mentioned. Clean that up and we're going good, not saying premiership but in semi's for sure, anything can happen then, especially if turbo starts firing. Not embarrassing, I'd say frustrating.
That’s the problem,their not going good.The attack is fine,but it’s masking over pathetic defence and a lack of resilience and composure,same as last season.May say 5 wins but nothing has been convincing

I know it’s unrealistic to think the goal kicker will kick every goal.
But, spare my days….🙄🙄
Maybe Garrick’s old injury is giving him trouble again?

The kick in their own 30 to Garrick in the first half,sums up part of the teams issue.It may of come off,but given the conditions and circumstances,it was unnecessary.
Yeah and then Turbo was running in front of him and Garrick couldn't pass to him. Turbo's head was off in lala land tonight same as the Dragons game.

We are blaming DCE for the intercept try, the Waddell drop that led to a try, the pathetic Lodge kick off effort, and Saab dropping the bomb at the end ?

More embarrassing for me is the signing and extending of Lodge rather than anything Manly does on the field
Had a hand in all tries including scoring one.
Due to the contract saga in 2015 which was the Manly club's fault, the DCE bagging is never going to end.

How we lost that is beyond me. We concede a ridiculous amount of metres in defence and get very complacent whenever we are in the lead.

The comp is years away - we don’t have the discipline and the intensity to win.
The thing is all these areas can be rectified, I wouldn’t say this season is out of reach for this group.

Need a couple of changes with the 17 and they will be back on track with their season.

Hopefully Seibold is brave with the 17 this week and we have 8 weeks to fill the four vacant spots in the top 30.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10