We are a bottom 6 side - Seibs is proud

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Pete W

Bencher
We have a loser at the helm. A guy who knows that he's a phony. As long as we avoid thrashings and the wooden spoon, that is more than enough to keep a job at Manly (unless your name ends in Toovey of course)

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Win or lose I’ll support the team & players mate……unlike you!
Good on you @madmax stay loyal and always support our Manly club
But also Always support the Great Manly high standards that made our Legendary club great
NEVER EVER SUPPORT MANLY MEDIOCRITY FORM ANY ONE THAT REPRESENTS OUR PROUD CLUB

XV-1

First Grader
Win or lose I’ll support the team & players mate……unlike you!

We all support Manly here on Silvertails, win or lose.

However,a lot of us won't put up with mediocrity. We want our proud club to be competing for the 8 and the premiership every year.

You seem happy for Manly to end up at the bottom of the ladder and a joke like the Tigers. Shame on you for this pos attitude.

Bottom 6 side with a bullet and Seibs is saying he is proud.
Being proud of mediocrity breeds worse.

Who else is proud of being a bottom 6 side? Not me.
Anthony Seibold's comments serve as a good reminder as to why it takes a particular type of person to coach at our club. Stating the obvious, we are a club bred on a desire to win, leading to title success. While it dosent necessarily require that the coach must have played for the Sea Eagles, it does require that they have our type of culture and DNA. The demand for excellence and premierships, that's us, not the mediocrity in both the current performances and the coaches language too. The available coach which I believe suits us is John Morris. That is a change which, unless there is a consistent and what seems a monumental turnaround taking place, should take place. The current coaches days are surely becoming numbered. We are coming off a poor 2023 season and I will not accept this constant excuse that the team revolves around one player in Tom Trbojevic. If thats the case, then Cherry-Evans, Olakau'atu, Brooks, Koula,and Jake Trbojevic can hand back their salaries. I hope the club does not repeat the Barrett situation where not only should he have not been initially signed, he should have been exited alot earlier too.

Ryan

Journey Man
LOL the Bulldogs are now ahead of Manly on the table.
Amazing what a coach that can coach defense can do.

Seibs must be so proud.

Dogs and Dragons, don't forget Dragons. Cowboys should beat Tigers - we'll be 12th-13th by the end of the weekend. Then we face Panthers. Round 12-13 we could well be 15th odd. Parra just sacked their coach, and could jump ahead of us.

XV-1

First Grader
Dogs and Dragons, don't forget Dragons. Cowboys should beat Tigers - we'll be 12th-13th by the end of the weekend. Then we face Panthers. Round 12-13 we could well be 15th odd. Parra just sacked their coach, and could jump ahead of us.

If Seibs can actually coach, we should beat Melbourne as they have more players out than us.
But can he and will we 🤔

XV-1

First Grader
I see this statement a fair bit on here.

What exactly is it you’re doing to demonstrate you will not put up with mediocrity?

Bitching on Silvertails of course.

I am not even going to watch tomorrow nights match live - will be at the pub enjoying myself. I am sick and tired of watching this badly coached team play.

Phobia

For all the people who have bagged Des, he's only missed the finals a total of 4 times.

First when he started here, second when the Bulldogs went to rubbish, third when the Hooker started hooking people with a knife, and finally when the club went behind him to forge a divide between the players and sabotage a side that would've made the Top 8. Every other time he made the finals.

If Seibold doesn't make the 8 this season, not only will his last finals game remain a 58-0 loss, but it'll be over 5 years ago, and he would've missed the finals more than he's made them. If he sticks around for 2025 he very well could match Des's finals misses across his 20 years of coaching, in just 6 seasons. For a "results driven business" I don't know if Mestrov and Penn are committed enough to that motto to actually base their decisions on them.

What's this article where Penn says we are "building"? Didn't he say that we have a premiership roster when he sacked Des, and hence his results were unacceptable...

The double standards shown by Mestrov and Penn are ridiculous. Mestrov seems a great guy and a great manager but has he ever managed something as competitive as an NRL side? He's been neutered by Seibold's nice guy status. I think Seibold is a great guy, and honestly I'd like him as an assistant, but as the head coach he clearly has deficiencies. Everyone had already said that about Seibold before he came, and no one said that about Des before he left, and yet here we are.

Rorz

For all the people who have bagged Des, he's only missed the finals a total of 4 times.

First when he started here, second when the Bulldogs went to rubbish, third when the Hooker started hooking people with a knife, and finally when the club went behind him to forge a divide between the players and sabotage a side that would've made the Top 8. Every other time he made the finals.

If Seibold doesn't make the 8 this season, not only will his last finals game remain a 58-0 loss, but it'll be over 5 years ago, and he would've missed the finals more than he's made them. If he sticks around for 2025 he very well could match Des's finals misses across his 20 years of coaching, in just 6 seasons. For a "results driven business" I don't know if Mestrov and Penn are committed enough to that motto to actually base their decisions on them.

What's this article where Penn says we are "building"? Didn't he say that we have a premiership roster when he sacked Des, and hence his results were unacceptable...

The double standards shown by Mestrov and Penn are ridiculous. Mestrov seems a great guy and a great manager but has he ever managed something as competitive as an NRL side? He's been neutered by Seibold's nice guy status. I think Seibold is a great guy, and honestly I'd like him as an assistant, but as the head coach he clearly has deficiencies. Everyone had already said that about Seibold before he came, and no one said that about Des before he left, and yet here we are.
I agree with you.
I believe they should’ve if possible kept Flanagan.
I’ve been disappointed with Seibolds demeanour at press conferences,where he calmly explains we were beaten by a better side,as an act of resignation.Bellamy,Hasler,Stuart etc would’ve been seething,not Seibold he is not bold enough.
I remember years ago when Manly would buy a player from the bush,not now.
Penn always goes for the budget buys.
Bring Toovey back!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14