Watmough [Merged Mega Thread]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Claims that Watmough agrees to 3yr Parra deal

Kiwi Eagle said:
Hardly his fault if some hack from a newspaper decides to run a story with no confirmation from any party at this time

Yeah, who could have seen that coming?

Why are people so quick to denigrate the media when they write things we don't want to believe, but so quick to believe them when they write something we want to believe. Sounds confusing, but I think that comment makes sense.

It appears that are several on this forum who want him gone, so they believe the SMH, but don't believe him when he refutes it. I'm happy to just wait and see. For the moment he is an Eagle and I believe is giving 100%. I also believe he will do so for the rest of the season. So he has my total support. What happens after that, I think as a grown man, I will be able to deal with.

For those of you who want him to be sat out, I remember the uproar in 1987 when Ronny Gibbs signed with the Gold Coast midway through the season. When it hit the papers, there were many (and maybe even me (I was much younger then)) who wanted him sat out immediately. There was even the sign on the hill - "give back Randall's jumper". We looked pretty stupid when he was one of our best players for the remainder of the season and instrumental in our premiership victory.

Until I see evidence that Choc has turned it up while playing for Manly, I'm still with him 100% - even if he has signed for another team post 2015.

This is getting ridiculous and I'm disgusted that my fellow Manly fans are forming opinions I strongly disagree with based on a story by some media hack who more than likely has nothing better to report. I would rather wait for an official statement from the club before I jump the gun and make a comment about a guy who is quite frankly a legend at Manly and is undeserving of some of the drivel I've seen posted in this thread. There's no source quoted that I can see and even Watmough has come out to deny it.

I've read so much this year in regards to how there's all this dissent in this club and I honestly think that a lot of it is just rubbish that's just essentially trolling the club and it's fans so clubs like the Rorters, Vermins, etc can get a legup on us. I hardly see anything bad printed about those clubs aside from the odd story about salary cap infringements and wrestling tactics which I think is more relevant to the state of the NRL in general and far more newsworthy.

I say if Watmough does eventually sign the contract for the Eels, then he's certainly welcome to it because he's done pretty well by Manly.

I'm more of a lurker on these forums than a contributer but I just felt the need to comment.

Have fun. :)

globaleagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Are those of you bagging the bloke about the timing of this announcement for real ?

Hardly his fault if some hack from a newspaper decides to run a story with no confirmation from any party at this time

I've realised that's a mighty big brick wall you're running into.

Lol hence why I don't have a lot to say around here anymore !!

He was only given permission to negotiate last week so there is no way he spoke to Parra any earlier. I wish our club could sort out contracts that fast!

Oh wait he has denied it. Ok. That makes sense too...

If a deal was agreed to, not finalising it allows for denials.

Oh well, unlike all the board issues, in this case we will all know soon enough who is telling the truth.

StuBoot said:
Putting the Glenn Stewart issue aside it seems to me that a lot of the sticking points over the past year or two have been the length of contracts offered with guys like Choc , Snake, Matai etc wanting an extra year (on top $) than what we were prepared to do.
From memory Snakes last deal, he wanted 3yrs and the club offered 2yrs and then went with 3yrs ( not 100% on this but something like that).
IF true that Choc has signed on at Parra for 3yrs, that is one more than we offered.
Ditto for Matai at the Warriors.
That extra year can make or break us, we just have to trust that Tooves and Co know what's best.
On one hand we break the bank to keep our ageing Champions and have to let go Gutho, Tom and Jake etc or we hold firm on the future plans.
Either way, there will be angst and pain.

Spot on. Choc wants 3 more years from 2016 and Manly only want to give him 2 years.

If Parra is dumb enough to give him 3 years from 2016 then good luck I say.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/anthony-watmough-agress-to-threeyear-deal-with-parramatta-eels-20140908-10drs9.html

The old guilty till proven innocent again...
Keep in mind, he is still at Manly in 2014 & an integral part of ANY chance of another premiership THIS year....
Whatever is true, nothing much anyone here can do about it....we all make our own decisions & then have to live with them.
Personally dont form opinions from 2nd hand rumours, especially dodgy media reports....more interested in Manly winning a premiership then what our team MIGHT be in 2015/2016

Everyone slams Choc but it seems he has denied the story. Hilarious

I LOVE Jamie Lyon. He's such a calming, soothing influence. Such a great player and ambassador of our club. Would I turn gay for him? Yeah, probably - but he'd have to buy me flowers first.

On a serious note: We need to get out there on Friday guys. Lyon's the type of player you want to support, as are all our lads.

Choc is going down the Des Hasler way. Won't be a legend in my eyes if he goes to Parra. If anyone still does see him as a legend then so be it.. each to their own.

I don't like what his BS to the media has caused this last month. We were playing really well until he started speaking to Wiedler etc. Has caused unrest and they are not playing well anymore.

Glenn Stewart on the other hand will be a legend as he was forced out and he went quietly when he had more to whinge about.

Kite another legend in my eyes. But again. Each to their own.

For what its worth Im pretty sure it was Adrian Proszenko who reported Des had extended his deal with Manly a day or 2 before the dogs publicly announced his signing.

So Friday night yeah?

RE: Watmough

RiverEagle said:
How's this then @QldEagle01

You haven't got a sense-of-humour either.

3 strikes, you're out.

I'm sure we'll both survive.

All the best. Wayne-Kerr.

Mate you just pick fights with everyone don't you?

Stevo said:
RiverEagle said:
How's this then @QldEagle01

You haven't got a sense-of-humour either.

3 strikes, you're out.

I'm sure we'll both survive.

All the best. Wayne-Kerr.

Mate you just pick fights with everyone don't you?

and you don't Heavy Hitter?

**** him. These guys must understand that the salary cap means you won't always play with your BFFs. To carry on like a child is ridiculous- prior achievements be damned.

I would rather have Brent Kite back.

Jerry1 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
It's just hilarious how after a loss you lot tear into each other, if this was a general forum and it was some Cowgirl supporter on here ripping into us then understandable but FFS as far as I know we are all Manly fans!!
Lol that's what I'm on here for. Bit of passion, ranting and bs.

Best post of the thread. We all react in different ways to losses. We are all passionate about the Sea Eagles. Enough with the sanctimonious posts reprimanding people for being too harsh. The day this becomes a 'yay manly' site is the day I'll stop visiting.

look, he just loved that wolverine jersey so much, he wants to play in the blue and gold colours!!!!

edit..... so we're not believing his statement of refute then?

sigh

Do we really want to keep Watmough if he doesn't want to stay? Same with Stewart, and Foran. Those who say that all this discord hasn't effected the on field performance are talking rubbish. The side is flat, disjointed, and lacking any spirit - exactly what you'd expect if players are not getting on with one another. Personally I don't want to support a side thats split.

I think these guys will probably regret it if they leave, and I'm sure they'll not taste success again- Watmough's not going to transform Parra, and can you imagine the hell of playing for Ricky week to week. They'll also be under a lot of pressure to perform whereever they go. Snake, in particular is not thinking clearly if he wants to risk his dodgy hamstring at another club. The Raiders are so desperate they'd take our ball boys if they could.

But all the evidence points to them wanting to leave, and the club is bigger than any of them. Letting them go would give air to the younger playing group and probably increase our chance of keeping cherry.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8