1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watmough for NSW

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by gotsy, Apr 22, 2005.

1. gotsy

gotsy Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    With Anthony Watmough in red hot form in the openining rounds of the season do you think he deserves to play origin this season or leave it to the more experienced players.

(I say give him a go).

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,460 / 74
    nope He will get city countrybut origin will be a stretch. The bundeberg test has shown form means nothing to the selectors

3. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Im tipping he will make it. Stuart loves him at the moment and he would carv up with his style. Even if he's just of the bench I think he will be their.

4. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    I think he is the bolter.

If he is MOM or close in City/Country he will get a bench spot - if he is average/ok then next year if he keeps it up.

He does seem to have the journos on side, and i think Gus has given him big raps so he may be a good chance.

5. gotsy

gotsy Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    It doesent matter that Gus has given him raps. As far as I know, Gus isnt the NSW Coach this year. I have heard it will be Ricky Stuart.

6. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    I hope not, I reckon BK1 will be a cert whilst Kite would go very close as well. If Choc makes it good luck to him but I don't fancy going into a match prior to a SOO with 3 forwards missing.

7. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Wheel.... very good point!

We don't want choc in SOO !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray:

8. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I think he'll get a bench spot.

9. Stuey Davis Socks

Stuey Davis Socks Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +179 / 3
    Agree he'd be v lucky to get on the bench but if he did he'd go well a'la Carl Webb a few years back. He's a similar sort of impact player.

10. c_eagle

c_eagle Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As if we don't want Choc in SOO, the experience and confidence he'd get just for participating in the camp, being around those players and playing the match of his life is invaluable. That's the kind of experience that steels him, ala Kennedy. In business, it's called a loss leader.

11. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,460 / 74
    C_eagle mis reads sarcasm.... I never thought I would see the day

He would gain loads of experience and everyone wants him to go to SOO we just know the impact on the team if he does go

12. c_eagle

c_eagle Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lol.. I think I was replying to Wheel's post, no sarcasm there. ;)

13. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132

Do you realise how silly that post sounds.

Re read it please.

14. gotsy

gotsy Active Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    **** you Fluffy u chode. A coach has his say on the players which are picked and Gus giving him wraps means JACK ALL because he aint the coach

15. ChuckWood

ChuckWood Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
  16. c_eagle

c_eagle Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're an idiot, go away.

17. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    ok - so you obviusly dont watch much footy.

I shall endeavour to increase your knowledge - Gus has been giving Stuart plenty of tips, hints, advice etc on what to do and how to coach ever since stuart went to the roosters. Ricky Stuart is well known for listening to what Gus says in the media - he did it all of last year. Now given their history i think there is a very high priority that this will happen again.

Now please abuse me again as you have had a warning and i am getting a few more beers down. The guys here would like a laugh and it seems that everyone would be quite happy if it were at your expence.