Was I the only one?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
With 20 minutes to go & 18 points behind I was hoping to see some inventive play with the ball, but all I saw was 5 hit ups(occasionally 4 & spread it) and kick long.
all we've heard through the week was that we need to win almost every game & yet there was no attempt to do anything other that play like they were protecting a lead instead of chasing down a team.
the only time they decided to do a little chip foran waited until the last tackle which by then thurston was ready for it. I would have rathered see them try something & risk it going against them then play the last 20 the way that they did.

With DCE injured, Foran showing very little (aside from that wonderful kick for Snake) and our forwards going backwards... There was just nothing left for inventive attacking play. Sad :/

With 20 minutes to go & 18 points behind I was hoping to see some inventive play with the ball, but all I saw was 5 hit ups(occasionally 4 & spread it) and kick long.
all we've heard through the week was that we need to win almost every game & yet there was no attempt to do anything other that play like they were protecting a lead instead of chasing down a team.
the only time they decided to do a little chip foran waited until the last tackle which by then thurston was ready for it. I would have rathered see them try something & risk it going against them then play the last 20 the way that they did.
Same. Mason tried too get some interchange going...but it was all too much for the plodder Burgess

There was no intensity whatsoever. No sign of any hunger to right the ship and try and mount a comeback. They stood back in defence and just waited for the Donkeys to come to them. No line speed in attack either. Yes they were playing a top 4 team but that doesn't explain the total lack of effort in a game we had to win at our so-called fortress.

I disagree. They put on some good early tackle drop ball options at times that were quite creative

Yep totally agree
Just so pathetic tonight
Boring!

Yeh a few early shifts to at least stretch the defensive line who must have loved defending 10 metres either side of the ruck....this 1 out stuff leads to more drops anyway, because the defence is hitting predictable runners with numbers & dominating the contact all day....

It doesn't help when you drop one of the most creative backs for the plodding Hiku.
2V had both Tom Turbo and Brenton Lawrence at his disposal, yet neither played a match this round. And some people wonder why the club has lost faith in him.

They should call Foran "deepthroat" after those kicks tonight.
All kicks straight down the throat!. If they open their mouths they get one wedged right in!
NYEagle

Absolutely hopeless is what Foran is! He is useless and has been since last year when money became a factor in his life! I live in Parramatta and went down to the game like usual. However, I must admit I don't like seeing him in a manly Jersey anymore!

There was not a lot of fight in the last 20 minutes in this game. The game was over, we needed to build on our 2nd half start insteade we frittered away any chance by stupid errors with the ball, killed any chance we had.

The Speels think they have this wonderful playing coming to their club for the next two seasons. And they're right to a point, Foran is (or has been for the most part) a wonderful player. But if they think that he has the creativity, organisational skills and kicking game to lead them to a premiership then they are in for more disappointment.

But I can't lay the blame for last nights loss at the feet of Foran. There were team mates out there who played worse. Hiku had a night to forget, as did Hodges and Horo while Burgess is not nearly as good as his 3 younger brothers.

They should call Foran "deepthroat" after those kicks tonight.
All kicks straight down the throat!. If they open their mouths they get one wedged right in!
NYEagle
I thought they did call him that , but for a completely different reason.

It doesn't help when you drop one of the most creative backs for the plodding Hiku.
2V had both Tom Turbo and Brenton Lawrence at his disposal, yet neither played a match this round. And some people wonder why the club has lost faith in him.
You need to be careful with statements like that because in my experience you will be bombarded with excuses for the coach explaining why none of this is in any way his fault.

The truth is we have not changed our attacking style since Hasler left and our defence (If you can call it that) has no structure to it whatsoever. Selections are the coaches domain and I continue to be baffled by the choices he makes.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8