Post-Game Discussion Warriors V Manly [Round 6, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Warriors
Vs
Sea Eagles
22 Go Media Stadium
13 Apr 2024 15:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

After sleeping on it and calming down I’m ok with the point. Crowd against us, ref against us and a few stupid decisions, 1 point away to Warriors isn’t to bad.

And after seeing the heartbreaking scenes come out of Bondi Junction it puts it into perspective. Well done to the public and In particular the female officer that took this filthy grub down..

What I wouldn’t give for some decent yardage wingers, our meek two paled in comparison two warriors and nearly every other team. Fualalo to centre Garrick back to wing with Saab strengthens our team immeasurably

Jake needs to stop blobbing and giving away restarts, I can see a need for it sometimes, but this year he has been really silly about it and I don’t think it’s tactics all the time. He also really needs to get his offload back, his hit ups have become momentum killers, I still live the guy but he needs to Shake his game up.

Really disappointed In brooks last night. He was off in both sides of the ball.

Proud of the effort, can’t help but feel it’s another one that got away

Any rugby league player that feigns injury is not a good sportsperson. I think it’s embarrassing and personally, I would rather lose than see one of our players behave like that. The real winner of yesterday’s game is Manly because we held our integrity. The Warriors lost because they walked away without any integrity. Johnson should go and play soccer.

I should also point out, I am not disputing the penalty, I’m disputing Johnson’s acting skills that were on par with Home and Away and Neighbours.
Agree LC. I noticed towards the end it seemed pretty clear that DCE had been whacked across the snoz, but just got on with the game.

What about the sideline lady? Was she part of a commentary team or heading for the nearest nightclub?

There are appropriate outfits to wear at the football if you want to be taken seriously. Then there are others that are not.
Really?? I didn’t see that?? Is this on the fox coverage?

Then we should have never given Johnson a chance for a miracle field goal. They marched up field in that last set.
In that last set Manly were no doubt mindful that the ref would cave and give the Wahs a penalty if there was even the slightest hint of offside.

I agree with the rest of your post. Next week will tell us more about 2024 Manly, because last year we also started great, 2 wins and a bye … then a draw … then fell away. I expect the improved depth to change that pattern.

Further to this @tajhay Ive now seen footage on Fox where AFB does EXACTLY the same thing to DCE in golden point.

Our player shrugs it off and continues with the game , he could have tried for an academy award too and maybe won the game , but gee I’m glad he didn’t , outright cheating is a blight on the game and thankfully our captain is beyond that.

Well a lot are saying the Wahs are premiership favourites along with Penrith. Well we've disposed of Penrith and had bunker/butler clowns deny us a point against the Wahs. I think we can take some heart that we've got a pretty strong team this year. Just hope we get a good run with no major injuries and I think we can be right up there.

Further to this @tajhay Ive now seen footage on Fox where AFB does EXACTLY the same thing to DCE in golden point.

Our player shrugs it off and continues with the game , he could have tried for an academy award too and maybe won the game , but gee I’m glad he didn’t , outright cheating is a blight on the game and thankfully our captain is beyond that.
This ^^ exactly @Mark from Brisbane but don't blame Johnson as much as blame the spineless clowns officiating the game.

This ^^ exactly @Mark from Brisbane but don't blame Johnson as much as blame the spineless clowns officiating the game.
No I blame that cat Johnston

He forced the bunker clowns to adopt the rules , without a grey area, just black & white ( so no choice ).

Like everything they are doing today the game has to be not just black or white , the bunker needs to have discretion to make logical decisions.

Last edited:
I think the moral of the story is "Thou shalt not get to a three (or more) try lead at any stage of the first half without incurring the inconsistent wrath of the ref and bunker. Here endeth the lesson..."

I think the moral of the story is "Thou shalt not get to a three (or more) try lead at any stage of the first half without incurring the inconsistent wrath of the ref and bunker. Here endeth the lesson..."
Yep and it happens in nearly every game. Clear nrl mandate to manage games to make them close. It's become WWF joke watching how obvious it is. The Cows were going to run riot over Parra it was obvious till the clown intervened. Same with Sharks killing souffs till again the same.

Happens almost every game , once a team gets on top they try & massage the game so it’s more even.

In that last set Manly were no doubt mindful that the ref would cave and give the Wahs a penalty if there was even the slightest hint of offside.

I agree with the rest of your post. Next week will tell us more about 2024 Manly, because last year we also started great, 2 wins and a bye … then a draw … then fell away. I expect the improved depth to change that pattern.
I'm sure you're right and obviously the fatigue played a factor in how well the Warriors were moving out of yardage. Manly's pack is quite big and unless we dominate possession, we gas pretty hard. The Warriors looked faster than us for most of that second half.

After gaining those handy leads and a good resolve for most of the match , had the notion that Manly had just done enough to deserve to 2 points but also can see the eventual draw outcome stacking up to the credit of both sides .
Seemed to take a toll on both sides with the attrition nature of the game and certainly hope in Manly "s instance that all affected players will be able to back up next week though maybe not looking good with Burbo
Have to say , thought that D C E had a pretty strong game apart from that one misjudges kick - play and can 'y understate Talau"s really safe defusing of those heap of bombs directed to him .
Going to be a bit of a toss up between him and Paulo when Saab returns and assuming that Garrick will revert to the centres when he is available again .
Also not that in favor of Turbo taking those 4 th tackle hit up in the guts on a regular basis , surely so much better to get it to him wider on an additional play and just not essentially waste a tackle with his predictable type runs , Not too mention that bit of extra ware and tear on his body .
Anyway pretty gutsy effort by both sides , fair to say the Warriors got a reasonable rub of the green at times but Manly did at stages also , Just in the Warriors case , it was at more crucial times
Think that Haumole can still be used a little better [ but obviously carrying some type of leg injury as well , ] Wonder if Brown could have made some vital difference , Bully some really good vigorous runs , just a little bit to go with some better focused defence .
Alioai , a fairly strong effort .
Considering the conditions and a bit of a slippery track Manly generally completed well
.Probably helped with those not innumerous Warriors errors and taking another few things into account , maybe a draw outcome again was a fitting result
Quite a bit of grit in this Manly outfit pleasingly so that has to be a positive at this stage of the season

No I blame that cat Johnston

He forced the bunker clowns to adopt the rules , without a grey area, just black & white ( so no choice ).

Like everything they are doing today the game has to be not just black or white , the bunker needs to have discretion to make logical decisions.
I wondered how they got from being called Warriors to Wahs. After seeing Johnson's little performance I think I now know.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8