Pre-Game Warriors V Manly [Round 6, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

22 22
Go Media Stadium
13 Apr 2024 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to cut SJ’s time with the ball. He plays an incredible short ball to Jackson Ford which is extremely hard to defend.
They play with a very deep backline so it’s hard to cut off the play.
Need to limit their time with the ball and win the arm wrestle.

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Chris Butler
Referee

Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Touch Judge

TBA
Touch Judge

Liam Kennedy
Senior Review Official

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Burbo at centre, Waddell 2nd row and Bully on the bench that's as good a team we could have of the players available, particularly playing a team like the Warriors. Burbo and Waddell both played very well in their replacement positions against Penrith from virtually the start of the game. I'm happy with that team list.

Last edited:
Warriors have a lot of hype around them but as far as I see it they haven’t beaten anyone of note yet and didn’t last year either. I don’t think they have a win in them like we had yesterday.

Still expecting a tough game, especially over there but will be a good test to see where we are at as a side. Impossible to tell with us at the moment when we are losing to one of the worst sides in the comp one week and then beating the best the week after
They lost the first 2 games after surrendering handy leads and being pipped in the final minutes. Cronulla then the storm. Beat the Raiders, Knights then souths(Their bogey team as well as us) They could of been 5 from 5. They have a tremendous spine in Klokstad, Temaire Martin, Johnson & Egan. Chuck in Rts & Fonua Blake plus Harris whom i rate highly. I rate our forwards better than theirs. But our backs may have a problem. Burbo vs Rts is scary! Lol.

Going to the game, fizzing. Born and raised in NZ, but dad fell in love with Manly while working over there in the late 70s. Has them tattooed on his arm, so I'm a Manly fan since birth (41ish years). Will be rocking my 90s P&O with pride!
Same! Born & raised in NZ. Have lived in Perth for 19 years now. My Uncle is Darrell Williams who played for the mighty Eagles in the late 80s. At the time i was a raiders supporter. I got so much free manly gear i just swapped allegiances to Manly in 89 😆 And haven't looked back since!

Burbo to Centres , Waddell to run on , Bullemor to bench.

I’d say Brad Parker’s days at centre are over.
Parker is well down the pecking order at Backrow as well
He lacks the speed and dynamics of those two powerplay positions
It is about time we upgraded on the Parker play
When you upgrade the only way is up

Same! Born & raised in NZ. Have lived in Perth for 19 years now. My Uncle is Darrell Williams who played for the mighty Eagles in the late 80s. At the time i was a raiders supporter. I got so much free manly gear i just swapped allegiances to Manly in 89 😆 And haven't looked back since!
I’m mates with Tinker , worked with him during my days doing supporters tours for the mighty Eagles.

Loved a beer back in those days , holy **** we hit it hard for the week we were in Leeds for the 2012 World Club Challenge trip .

Top fella

Going to the game, fizzing. Born and raised in NZ, but dad fell in love with Manly while working over there in the late 70s. Has them tattooed on his arm, so I'm a Manly fan since birth (41ish years). Will be rocking my 90s P&O with pride!
Should be a great atmosphere being all sold out. We have quite a big following in NZ as well, have a great match day experience, I'm pretty confident we can get the win for you.

Statistically the warriors have one of the best defensive systems in the leauge at the moment conceding the equal lowest points with the sharks and storm who have both had a bye. It’s going to be interesting how they handle our attack coming into this match.
I'm way more worried about how our fragile defense will handle that hyphenated nightmare of a backline. Can see them running rings around our slow backline.

Keep the ball away from the them. Possession, it’s rare sides win without winning that stat off the back of superior completions.

The Wahs have cut out the dumb footy this year, they completed @ 84% on the weekend and 88% the week before, that wins footy games. I think they’d be averaging better than 80% this year.

Ball security and discipline helped us get the riff, we completed @ 80% v their 70% last week and won the penalty count 3-8, possession and discipline will be the difference most weeks.

The Wahs also play out a strong 80 every week, which has been somewhat of an issue for us over recent times, hopefully last week fuelled the enthusiasm and not flatten the tank, because its going to take a solid 80 to win over there, they won’t go away. Should be another cracking game, both sides need the 2 points, let’s hope we get the job done.

Tinkabell was a great centre. Could hit hard too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8