Post-Game Discussion Warriors v Manly [Round 25, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Warriors
Vs
Sea Eagles
28 Go Media Stadium
18 Aug 2023 18:00
76:30 minute

Match Stats

Bipolar is saying the first half was great, the second half was crap? Haha. How about praising success when it's evident, giving criticism when it's warranted.

You were saying what a fantastic performance this was, when, in that second half, it was the same crap of dropping balls, failing in defense, missing kicks, dropping off tackles. We lost mate, again....deal with it.

Almost at 25% win rate the last 15 games !
Ryan, mate you get your knickers twisted so damn easily. I literally never said what a fantastic performance. You’re making **** up as you go and it’s scary.

When I said “cracking game” or “edge of the seat” I’m talking about being a rugby league in general. The game was a slog, back and fourth.

I’m disappointed in our loss, mistake riddled and wrong options, but unlike you I’m not gonna have a giant meltdown over it. Or accuse people of saying stuff they literally didn’t say.

I was really proud of the boys tonight
I so wanted to come on and eat crow at the end of this gsme, and even started making positive posts after that first half. But the real slim Manly please stood up in that second half:

• **** defense
  • **** attack
  • **** leg and line speed
  • **** ball control
  • **** decision making
  • **** yardage
  • **** energy and fitness
  • Terrible discipline (giving away so many 6 against and penalties).

I've been p1ssed off a few times this season. Tonight is not one of those occassions. The NRL obviously want a home final for the Wahs in rah-rahs land. An absolute disgrace from the officials.

Fire up Spoony!
It'll be cringeworthy no doubt, but we can only hope he'll fire up, surely he's got to say something about the refereeing performance tonight.

Bipolar is saying the first half was great, the second half was crap? Haha. How about praising success when it's evident, giving criticism when it's warranted.

You were saying what a fantastic performance this was, when, in that second half, it was the same crap of dropping balls, failing in defense, missing kicks, dropping off tackles. We lost mate, again....deal with it.

Almost at 25% win rate the last 15 games !
P.s

I literally dealt with the loss hence the reason I’m not losing my mind like you are 😂

Dumb in the sense we should have been looking for a try, especially as we'd had limited possession at their end. Dumb as it was 4th tackle (I think) and there was still 8-9 minutes left in the game. Dumb in that the Warriors scored a try one or two sets later (I think) - game over!
Hindsight’s a wonderful thing. We kick the goal, complete the ensuing set kick to a corner and pin them there it’s not a dumb call. Unfortunately it didn’t play out that way. Further to this, Reubs had kicked two from the sideline from that side earlier in the game and wider out. The issue was more we didn’t pin them for the drop out.

Team did very well against a Warriors team that is flying and playing in NZ. Very unlucky tonight but the ref had one of the most one sided performances you’ll see in a long time. 3 successful captains challenges to Manly, one 6 again that came in the 68th minute.

However that’s 2 second half shut outs for us in a row, so we were out coached.

Oh well that ends the season for us

Ryan, mate you get your knickers twisted so damn easily. I literally never said what a fantastic performance. You’re making **** up as you go and it’s scary.

When I said “cracking game” or “edge of the seat” I’m talking about being a rugby league in general. The game was a slog, back and fourth.

I’m disappointed in our loss, mistake riddled and wrong options, but unlike you I’m not gonna have a giant meltdown over it. Or accuse people of saying stuff they literally didn’t say.

If we maintained that same effort , application and control in the second half as the first, I'd have agreed with you, but that second half meltdown from us was so typical.

And yeah, I still get emotionally affected by our performances in a huge way. It literally gives me anxiety. There are times, I honestly feel like either crying or ripping up the television, but my new kitten gives me all sorts of love and it sorts me out.

Mannnnnnn, I just want us to be GOOOOD again. Give me a few players like Jamie Lyon, Wolfman, Ben Kennedy or something to attach to - even that would be SOMETHING. This decade of mediocrity is too long now, all of us fans deserve better.

Anyways, sorry if I misinterpreted what you said, in yes, my triggered state. I'm trying to be honest here with how and why I complain, so flame away haha

Ready for all the praise as we sink to 4 wins from 15 of our latest starts from all the numbnuts on this forum?
Sounding like a cracked record again guys, weren't you and Soup saying we were going to get flogged....well, far from it.

Sounding like a cracked record again guys, weren't you and Soup saying we were going to get flogged....well, far from it.
We had pretty well 30 points pumped past us. Our defence was paper thin. That's not a performance to be proud of.

And given we have won 4 from 15, of course it's going to sound like a broken record !

Lastly, this season, our losses on average have been by 22 points at away games. That's the score between us and them, not what we've allowed them to score, so losing by 7, is actually a big step forward for us...

So what in your view constitutes a flogging?

If we maintained that same effort , application and control in the second half as the first, I'd have agreed with you, but that second half meltdown from us was so typical.

And yeah, I still get emotionally affected by our performances in a huge way. It literally gives me anxiety. There are times, I honestly feel like either crying or ripping up the television, but my new kitten gives me all sorts of love and it sorts me out.

Mannnnnnn, I just want us to be GOOOOD again. Give me a few players like Jamie Lyon, Wolfman, Ben Kennedy or something to attach to - even that would be SOMETHING. This decade of mediocrity is too long now, all of us fans deserve better.

Anyways, sorry if I misinterpreted what you said, in yes, my triggered state. I'm trying to be honest here with how and why I complain, so flame away haha
The second half capitulations aren’t irregular though. It’s been happening for two years straight.

I’m not gonna carry on when I knew our season was on life support the moment tommy went down in origin. Whether people say he’s overpaid etc, he is the lifeblood of this team and we need him firing to be firing ourselves.

Whoosa, just because I don’t go off doesn’t mean I’m not just as disappointed as you are. I just regulate the emotion especially knowing the cattle we lost throughout the year compared to the cattle we replace them with are literally just making up the numbers. “No use crying over spilt milk”

You throwing winning percentages out in the forum mean Jack **** champ. Most of us are one-eyed manly supporters and we know how much we’ve lost and given up compared to our wins over the years. Don’t forget we’ve been on the ride just like you have. It’s been a decade of mediocrity. So don’t go off on the guys who find a little bit of enjoyment when the team seem to be doing good things only to fall off the wagon in the same game. It’s all they have to look toward to at current.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8