Pre-Game Warriors v Manly [Round 25, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 22
Go Media Stadium
18 Aug 2023 06:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our starting line up..in the middle is strong defensively...we should hold them for the first 20 minutes..but it's our bench that need to step up..Woods should be removed for Condon or Austin Dias..even Gordon should be in for Arthur...Dean has to play lock at some.point ...

We can win this ...remove Woods and Arthur from Brench and bring in Gordon and Condon

Jesus man, they started a debutant at Hooker, Jarome Luai was out, Spencer Leniu was out among others ! Please PLEASE stop making excuses. At least respect the team / players enough to think bigger for them. We lost - by TWELVE - at HOME.
I think there may have been another couple of players out for Manly. Christian Tuipolotu and oh what's his name Tom something.
If you think I am disrespecting the players by accepting they did their best and come up short then we can respectfully agree to disagree.

I think he had every right to be proud last week. You take 3 front line props out of any team and then lose 2 players in the opening minutes of the 2nd half and most teams are going to lose.
Agreed our season hasn't been great and our roster needs fixing but based on the cattle we have at the moment it was a pretty fair effort against the team that have been the benchmark for the past 3-4 seasons.
The big question is how do we get a full season with minimal injuries..something that has been a problem for us for years

My post was related to last week's game against the Panthers and I will own it.
You're right it is a results driven business but so is every business.
I'm not sure what you do for work but if you rock up tomorrow and you have people away sick, is your boss going to sack you or praise you if he sees you put in but didn't quite get the job done?
Your Key word in your post is Getting the JOB DONE feathered friend
What does getting the job done really mean ?
To fulfil one's task; to do what is required to do and WIN
If you want to own this pride losing mentality that is your Losing Mediocre Prerogative

As far as work goes I have done many things from sales to security
and I can tell you from life's experience if I fail to fulfil my task at work I finish up without a job

Lower our Legendary clubs Great Winning Standards and we stand for Nothing Great
1692320233766.png

If you want to own this pride losing mentality that is your Losing Mediocre Prerogative

and I can tell you from life's experience if I fail to fulfil my task at work I finish up without a job

Lower our Legendary clubs Great Winning Standards and we stand for Nothing Great

View attachment 24718

View attachment 24718
If being accepting of someone doing their best and sometimes falling short is having a losing mediocre mindset then you are correct that is me.
You must be an amazing person to never have failed. Most things I read about great people is learning from their failures.

Wow the post volume has been very thin this week. It feels like last year where the team quit on the fans with about 7 or 8 games to go, and now the fans have followed suit.

Good on em’ I say. If the club throws in the towel at round 17 each year it’s just in time for winter solstice to pass and the days to start getting longer freeing us to prep for other interests in spring and summer.

Time to get in the gym and tone up the pecs and biceps 💪 for beach weather 🏄‍♂️

NYEagle

You think the job of each NRL player is to win every game they play?
Of course they all try to win!
But there are no winners without losers, and every winner is also often a loser. Steve Menzies, a Manly all-time legend, won about 55% of his games. Did you consider him a mediocre loser 45% of the time? I really hope you didn't.

They beat us by 30+ if they are serious tonight. At full strength we are average but this team tonight screams belting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11