Pre-Game Warriors v Manly [Round 25, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 22
Go Media Stadium
18 Aug 2023 06:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very happy for Harper to be back, as well as playing in NZ for the first time in front of his relatives. As soon as Parker was ruled out, I thought how timely it is for Harper to return to firsts and play in his home country.

I know I'll get the Harper knockers but will say it anyway...I hope he makes the most of this opportunity, plays his best game and helps get us a win.
Agree, Harps always gave a 100% every game, people seem to forget he played some great footy for us in 2021. Probably his last game in firsts, I wish him and his family all the best for the future.

Memories..... we didn't win, but this shows just how important Ben Kennedy was in helping to turn the club around in the early 2000's.

Memories..... we didn't win, but this shows just how important Ben Kennedy was in helping to turn the club around in the early 2000's.

Mate, I'm sure we'll try hard (for a while), but then our middles will start getting torn apart as our slow, overweight and lumbering boys struggle. Siebold can then be proud of our courageous effort in yet another L.

The hard hearted core Manly Silvertails Sea eagles Supporters forum

Proves beyond Reasonable Doubt
That Manly People Hate Losing with a Passion

Lower our Legendary Clubs Great Premiership Winning Standards
And we stand for Nothing Great

1692240507389.png

Mate, I'm sure we'll try hard (for a while), but then our middles will start getting torn apart as our slow, overweight and lumbering boys struggle. Siebold can then be proud of our courageous effort in yet another L.
I think he had every right to be proud last week. You take 3 front line props out of any team and then lose 2 players in the opening minutes of the 2nd half and most teams are going to lose.
Agreed our season hasn't been great and our roster needs fixing but based on the cattle we have at the moment it was a pretty fair effort against the team that have been the benchmark for the past 3-4 seasons.

I think he had every right to be proud last week.
Congratulations feathered friend
I hope you can also feel proud of Manly Missing the finals
and celebrate with a few end of year drinks with Seibold reminiscing on all the excuses for failing

One thing for certain though
Coaches with excuses for failure do not last long at any club

In the Ruthless Results oriented NRL
Winners find a way to win
Losers find excuses for losing and find another job

On topic, I predict a wild game here, lots of ebbs and flows, set for set and try for try. Manly will throw risk out the window and toss it around with gay abandon making them dangerous. Form or record will count for nothing, and Manly are well rested.

I’ll go Warriors by 2 here only because they are used to winning and might have more composure during the last minutes.

NYEagle

I'd like to see Arthur to start, Schuster into Second Row, Gordon on the bench.
Not sure who would drop off though.
Gordie will get a debut in a far easier game against Dogs or Tigers (not to assume Manly will win those games of course). Warriors pack is right up there at the moment and our pack is already weakened, if we put Gordie and Schu in the forwards it could be a massacre. (Unless we dominated possession, hard to see that happening though)

@Ryan - help me out here; were your thoughts about Friday's game merely reflecting that we had more mobility in the past (given my remark and link were about how good Ben Kennedy was in lifting our past performances) and now do not?

Or - are you noting that I have posted something/anything, are assuming that I'm now a Seibs fanboy - and felt the need to frame that against the 'proud of our effort' statements from him?

You're probably right - Manly will try hard, but the lack of mobility / lateral movement / lack of comparable fitness and speed of or pack will probably count against us.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

I don't expect us to make the 8. Even if we did, we wouldn't go far.

Manly will survive this year.

Competing at the highest level, though.........some big changes needed. I think we're all agreed on that.

Congratulations feathered friend
I hope you can also feel proud of Manly Missing the finals
and celebrate with a few end of year drinks with Seibold reminiscing on all the excuses for failing

One thing for certain though
Coaches with excuses for failure do not last long at any club

In the Ruthless Results oriented NRL
Winners find a way to win
Losers find excuses for losing and find another job
My post was related to last week's game against the Panthers and I will own it.
You're right it is a results driven business but so is every business.
I'm not sure what you do for work but if you rock up tomorrow and you have people away sick, is your boss going to sack you or praise you if he sees you put in but didn't quite get the job done?

My post was related to last week's game against the Panthers and I will own it.
You're right it is a results driven business but so is every business.
I'm not sure what you do for work but if you rock up tomorrow and you have people away sick, is your boss going to sack you or praise you if he sees you put in but didn't quite get the job done?

Jesus man, they started a debutant at Hooker, Jarome Luai was out, Spencer Leniu was out among others ! Please PLEASE stop making excuses. At least respect the team / players enough to think bigger for them. We lost - by TWELVE - at HOME.

Matthew Ridge on the radio over here this morning

Interesting interview, thank you very much @Kiwi Eagle

Jesus man, they started a debutant at Hooker, Jarome Luai was out, Spencer Leniu was out among others ! Please PLEASE stop making excuses. At least respect the team / players enough to think bigger for them. We lost - by TWELVE - at HOME.
We had a few out as well. But we always have more than a few out these days….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8