Warriors coach Andrew McFadden blasts Issac Luke’s ‘unacceptable’ behaviour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
WARRIORS coach Andrew McFadden has blasted Issac Luke for his behaviour during a media session on Thursday while vigorously backing the hooker’s commitment to the club.

Luke came under fire this week after providing some less than enthusiastic answers to questions about his below par performances for the Warriors.

The rake has battled weight issues and injury since joining the club in the off-season but when quizzed if injuries and attitude were hampering him, Luke replied; “no.”

When pressed on what he the issue was he responded with the cryptic message; “only I know.”

Luke’s two word denials which left a bitter taste in the mouth of his coach.

“That’s unacceptable behaviour for a senior player,” McFadden told Radio Sport’s Martin Devlin.

“Certainly, the person involved, (journalist) Alan Mac, I respect him a lot and he deserves more respect so we certainly can’t accept that.”

Luke has copped his fair share of criticism for arriving in Auckland in poor physical condition following New Zealand’s end of year tour in England.

Issac Luke of the Warriors is tackled.Issac Luke of the Warriors is tackled.Source: Getty Images
The Warriors’ marquee signing has also battled injury which has seen him targeted by angry Warriors fans but it’s not just the supporters expecting more from the veteran.

“I’m not happy with the way he’s playing at the moment,” McFadden said.

“Issac’s not happy with the way he’s playing, and he’s frustrated.

“And maybe that’s where that boiled over into yesterday’s interview.”

McFadden confirmed had been preoccupied with a family matter for the past month as a result of a complicated birth of his daughter.

While complications forced her to remain in hospital up until last week, Luke insisted he play in the round two defeat against Brisbane.

The decision was made by Luke and his wife despite McFadden offering him compassionate leave.

It was a move which proved to the coach just how committed he is to the team.

“Some of the criticism that Issac’s received is fair but what’s not fair is questioning his commitment to the club,” he said.

“As far as Issac’s form goes, I know there’s been some criticism around that and probably fair as well.

“What’s not fair is questioning his commitment to the club. About three weeks ago when his wife gave birth there were some complications with their child who was sick for quite a while.

“I left it in Isaac’s hands. I was willing to give him time off and Issac, he insisted he played. It was an unbelievable sacrifice to make. I certainly couldn’t have done it.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...r/news-story/3de8d61ce181df49d41d0e5ea5649d8b

Probably saw ricky stuart do it once...or twice...three times? anyway

There seems to be a few issues at that club.
Hopefully it all blows up for them the day before our match. At one stage Manly had a great record for getting opposition coaches sacked, but we are overdue.

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz
The rake has battled weight issues and injury since joining the club in the off-season but when quizzed if injuries and attitude were hampering him, Luke replied; “no.”

When pressed on what he the issue was he responded with the cryptic message; “only I know.”

Luke’s two word denials which left a bitter taste in the mouth of his coach.

I wonder what his 2 word denials were? I wonder if they were worse than tha 1 and 3 word denials quoted...

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8