Walker special mention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I can sense that Walker's development as a 14 is building and will explode and give great results on GF day.

If there was ever the perfect way to get Walkers game back on track, it was the design of the ultra fast modern game.
Walker may not have the zip he once did to leave outside backs clutching at thin air, but he does possess the speed and footwork to terrorise that middle third.
Another credit I will give him, Walker is playing tougher than I've seen him....very strong and physical in what he does, like he cares...and this I admire in any player

agree. reckon he stifles the attack at times and takes too much ball away from dce or foran. Not needed.
Walker is probably instructed to run a lot, in order to keep the oppositions middle engaged, which ends up creating a bit more space for our outside guys.
I expect both Walker and Lawton to make our bench for the big games.

I can sense that Walker's development as a 14 is building and will explode and give great results on GF day.
Walker is going pretty well in attack for us as a utility player. His defence isn't good enough to play an effective middle role for 60 minutes. I think we would actually get more out of him, if he played less minutes. Coming on with 30 to go eg A Benji Marshall impact type role. Lawton should definitely come on before him, and play the "Walker" role that Des is utilising at the moment. We wouldn't lose anything in attack, but our defence in the middle would be strengthened significantly. Bring Walker on for Croker after 50, Lawton goes to dummy half, Walker to lock.

Last edited:
Walker is a centre but Des has turned him into a bench player cause he sees the value of Walker on the bench
Back to pre-season Walker trained in the centre position of Parker it was only when Tommy was out that Walker got switched to fullback then he got injured in the meantime Parker did really well in the centre’s and Des has left Parker there . I believe if Walker started Centre he would probably still be there

I actually believe Walker playing in the middle has improved his defence.

I would be really interested in him playing centre instead of Parker because he is a lot better in attack.

I guess It's probably a bit late in the season thou for that big a change.

Great post feathered friend .

Nothing like watching the perpetual motion of natural gifted players on the field

And Mr Walker is Mr Natural Ability
See, I am a huge fan of Dylan's and think he is one of our best players. He is a natural footballer. Has all the raw skills and talent in the world. I saw him running sprint drills up at Beacon Hill a while ago and he is not small but has more evasive skill than people give him credit for. And F.A.S.T. Through the middle in broken play through tiring forwards the guy is amazing and it puts this whole "only allowed to have three playmakers on the field at once" BS in it's place. Hats off to Des for realising this and not just sticking with him at centre (or God forbid fullback ... Thanks Trent you deekhead). Bloke can also kick pretty well. In general play his kicking is quite deft but also anyone remember him kicking the winning goal against the Raiders while toolhead BJL was shouting at him around the halfway line? Awesome. (Trent then hooked him, good one Trent you deekhead). If he was played at centre from day one he would be up there with my hero SMatai by now, I have no doubt. But the chopping and changing has hurt him in the short term. But he is too good a footballer to be kept down. Giving this bloke a roving commission with our back three in support is simply like a cheat code.

It really is interesting how almost every one of us sees a game differently... I see it that one of them is a waste of a bench spot. Walker has been coming on as part of the prop rotation around the 20 min mark...cluttering our attack structure while weakening our middle defence and Lawton being our most "efficient" defender relieving the Frog for 10 minutes at the end. Can't see it any more differently than that.
I see both sides of this. Walker’s contribution has been getting better, but essentially I agree with you - his role does not make sense, unless as a replacement for Croker - not a prop.

See, I am a huge fan of Dylan's and think he is one of our best players. He is a natural footballer. Has all the raw skills and talent in the world. I saw him running sprint drills up at Beacon Hill a while ago and he is not small but has more evasive skill than people give him credit for. And F.A.S.T. Through the middle in broken play through tiring forwards the guy is amazing and it puts this whole "only allowed to have three playmakers on the field at once" BS in it's place. Hats off to Des for realising this and not just sticking with him at centre (or God forbid fullback ... Thanks Trent you deekhead). Bloke can also kick pretty well. In general play his kicking is quite deft but also anyone remember him kicking the winning goal against the Raiders while toolhead BJL was shouting at him around the halfway line? Awesome. (Trent then hooked him, good one Trent you deekhead). If he was played at centre from day one he would be up there with my hero SMatai by now, I have no doubt. But the chopping and changing has hurt him in the short term. But he is too good a footballer to be kept down. Giving this bloke a roving commission with our back three in support is simply like a cheat code.
Well said feathered friend . Great summery . Great post !

More chance it may explode in our face me thinks.
Very funny comment feathered friend :)
Good to see you being persistent with your perspective

And so am I and this is what makes great forums

Perspective time
Speaking of explosion . There is absolutely no on field explosion with Slow Passive and Predictable Pop gun backs

hqdefault.jpg

Seems to be working out with Dylan coming on with his roving role , guess that it is just the timing aspect that needs most consideration . No doubt once the finals take place , the forward power games of the other front runners is going to step up a notch and Manly will have to follow suit . Dylan has lifted his intensity in defence recently which is a positive and essential really with again the tougher final's matches approaching Still a strong running and good attacking player , has to be in the game day 17 on form and again just to have him on there when he can be most effective .

I'm liking both Walker and Lawton on our bench. It gives us energy, speed, toughness and football skills/smarts in the middle third of the field when the opposition forwards are beginning to tire. And it allows us to cover a host of other positions in case of injuries - which obviously happens regularly in most teams these days.

I think Lawton is playing a little more like what we expect a 14 to do or be; in the case of Walker, it seems like Des has invented a whole new position. I don't care, as long as it's effective. And so far, it has been.

I'm liking both Walker and Lawton on our bench. It gives us energy, speed, toughness and football skills/smarts in the middle third of the field when the opposition forwards are beginning to tire. And it allows us to cover a host of other positions in case of injuries - which obviously happens regularly in most teams these days.

I think Lawton is playing a little more like what we expect a 14 to do or be; in the case of Walker, it seems like Des has invented a whole new position. I don't care, as long as it's effective. And so far, it has been.
yeah lawton brings increased intensity and is rugged for his size
walker seems to assist tom in the playmaking and tom plays less reciver role and starts looking in the middle to back up walkers roving
if we get the 2 props right on the bench it works
sirro just doesnt compliment them with ploughing through the middle enough. makes it harder to get keppie in the rotation though and i feel he is a must

another question is at full strength does schuster go benchy, which throws another spanner into it

I’d keep Walker and Lawton on the bench.

Both utilities who can cover most positions except prop.

Walker
Lawton
Aloiai/Paseka/Taupau
Keppie

That would be my bench. I love Sips and the energy his brings. However, I think he tires the easiest/laziest and the weakest middle defender out of the bunch of props.

Sips is good for his hit ups but has been found out a few times in defence
Keppie will give the forwards that aggression and a bit quicker in defence so don’t miss too much there
Id have Keppie back in for Sipley
I think Paseka has been our best forward by far this season. His power running has been massive and he's taken it to a whole new level this season. So he clearly needs to come back in and IMO it's then down to who gets the other bench spot - Lawton, Kepi or Sipley.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10