Walker critics be gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
And performance off the field would undoubtably play a part in the negotiations.

Agreed - he is a decent bench impact player. But that’s it. Can’t defend. Can’t hold a starting spot. Can’t play halves.
But yes / provides 15mins of impact.

But….The bloke is a deadset flog off the field. Perhaps one of the biggest flogs to ever get the opportunity to wear the maroon and white.
lol... see I will play your game.... can't defend??? Man as Warner Wolf would say... lets go to the video. In his role and again I reiterate in his role he certainly didn't miss any more than anyone else in the pack. Jake is the exception here because he just never misses at all. If you also look at the replays including the semi against Souths.... Walker was energetic - his defence very good in the middle and he was one of the few in that game and the Melbourne game who could hold their head up. Now if you want to call out missed tackles and misreads in defence, start where the problem lies - Suli in the semi and DCE and Harper for about the last 6 games. Play the issue mate not the man... he might well be a flog but open your eyes... understand the game because you clearly dont based on those game related comments. He can play halves... he just wasn't great the day he did... is he a high quality half - nope - but serviceable in a time of need. Can he play centres - yep and he can fill in at fullback....all round the makings of a pretty decent bench player who can cover a heap of spots for us and gives us creativity from the bench... exactly what you want in a bench player. Do I care if he is at Manly next year... well not really. Do I think we are a worse team without him - absolutely. If we can replace him with another dynamic attacker who can play multi spots off the bench and play that floating 13 role I am all ears.... just wondering what you haters have in mind... just which player with those talents are we signing instead? It is great to identify the "problem" now how about offering up which player on the market now can we get here as a replacement and based on the "low" offer we have supposedly made Walker? I am sorry but I don't know of any that fit that bill. If our team needs to be picked purely on character and which players are good guys... well that is a different story.. he doesn't make it but our side and every other side has players of questionable character. It is part of every walk of life strangely enough.

And performance off the field would undoubtably play a part in the negotiations.

Agreed - he is a decent bench impact player. But that’s it. Can’t defend. Can’t hold a starting spot. Can’t play halves.
But yes / provides 15mins of impact.

But….The bloke is a deadset flog off the field. Perhaps one of the biggest flogs to ever get the opportunity to wear the maroon and white.
Agree but Craig Field has him covered. 🤦‍♂️

Mate it’s a broken record in here about Walker! Hence the reason I’m not bothered replying to the posts. I hope he stays but if not then so be it. He plays for Manly & whilst he does I will support him.
Here, here. Most sensible post award in this thread.

Personally I am happy if he stays and I will also be happy if he goes. He did play his role well this season. If he stays I am sure he will play that role well again. If he goes I will be just as happy to see the back of him. He is a complete tool of a human offfield.

oh gee... it is a waste of time seriously lol lol lol... I will play this game ..... and basing your whole response on your knowledge of the contract negotiations and amount of any alleged offer being "low". Not sure I have heard what the offer is or if the offer is "low". Can you fill us all in on what you understand the offer to be? We guess that his manager is trying to get more or a longer deal.. we guess. I haven't heard Des say the offer was "low" I missed that press conference. Not sure "predicting" the offer is low is any better form of an argument.... just guessing though.
Ha! You’re not The Nark are you? You write just like he speaks.

lol... see I will play your game.... can't defend??? Man as Warner Wolf would say... lets go to the video. In his role and again I reiterate in his role he certainly didn't miss any more than anyone else in the pack. Jake is the exception here because he just never misses at all. If you also look at the replays including the semi against Souths.... Walker was energetic - his defence very good in the middle and he was one of the few in that game and the Melbourne game who could hold their head up. Now if you want to call out missed tackles and misreads in defence, start where the problem lies - Suli in the semi and DCE and Harper for about the last 6 games. Play the issue mate not the man... he might well be a flog but open your eyes... understand the game because you clearly dont based on those game related comments. He can play halves... he just wasn't great the day he did... is he a high quality half - nope - but serviceable in a time of need. Can he play centres - yep and he can fill in at fullback....all round the makings of a pretty decent bench player who can cover a heap of spots for us and gives us creativity from the bench... exactly what you want in a bench player. Do I care if he is at Manly next year... well not really. Do I think we are a worse team without him - absolutely. If we can replace him with another dynamic attacker who can play multi spots off the bench and play that floating 13 role I am all ears.... just wondering what you haters have in mind... just which player with those talents are we signing instead? It is great to identify the "problem" now how about offering up which player on the market now can we get here as a replacement and based on the "low" offer we have supposedly made Walker? I am sorry but I don't know of any that fit that bill. If our team needs to be picked purely on character and which players are good guys... well that is a different story.. he doesn't make it but our side and every other side has players of questionable character. It is part of every walk of life strangely enough.
Is that you Dylan?

Should of explained myself better… apologies.
Walker in any starting role shows zero defensive resolve. Especially at centre, he was atrocious.

I’m happy with him playing 14.
He plays well as impact from the bench.

But when you weigh up what he’s done off the field and now, if he wants to make a political/social statement about being anti Covid vax - bye bye. Not worth our trouble.

He’s been blessed playing the impact role in a team doing well. I think he’s proven, when the team isn’t doing well, he isn’t someone who can change a game.
Not worth the trouble in my opinion.
Oh I dont disagree with his off field behaviour and if he decides he wont get vaxed and that was going to damage us next year... absolutely let him go. Again none of us on here know the real story - same with the contract discussions and the supposed "low" offer. I am just basing my view on his pure football ability in filling the bench and floating 13 role. He is pretty good in that role... forgetting his off field antics and contract wants. So I will just bide my time until the facts are out there as best as we can get them and see where the wind blows with this. But there are very few players who can fill multi roles, be dynamic and be available at a cut price like we guess Walker is.

I've seen walker playing wherever Des decided to pop him in. Not really impressed at all. Put him to center where he is proven. I'm not a great fan off paying a back to come off the bench for 15 minutes..
He sure as **** aint a half or a fullback.

Walker in any starting role shows zero defensive resolve.
I remember him playing very well at 6 in our surge to the finals in 2019 and also at 6 in the first six matches in 2020 before his foot was injured (except for five minutes, he missed the remainder of the season after that). Turbo was injured in the same game against v. Raiders at Campbelltown.

Walker played poorly at fullback in the first four games of 2021 (as did the whole team). However, he was having a good game at fullback before his hamstring was injured in our first win of the season against the Warriors in round 5. While he was out injured, Harper established himself in the side & Foran was also playing well at five eighth. When his hamstring was healed, Des had no hesitation bringing him straight back into the side as 14. In interviews this year, I've heard Des praise Dylan highly.

Each to their own.

Thanks for raising another issue, he’s so injury prone it’s ridiculous. Overpaid utility who is injury prone and horrible for club headlines.

No one else in the comp would be bothered with the clown. He’s dreadful for culture and can’t even hold a starting position - after years of opportunity.

If people think he is a necessity in our top 17 - we won’t ever be winning a GF.
Harsh, but I agree.

I've seen walker playing wherever Des decided to pop him in. Not really impressed at all. Put him to center where he is proven. I'm not a great fan off paying a back to come off the bench for 15 minutes..
He sure as **** aint a half or a fullback.
I'd like to see him back at centre and see if he still has defensive problems. We could sure use his attack out there.

Each to their own.

Thanks for raising another issue, he’s so injury prone it’s ridiculous. Overpaid utility who is injury prone and horrible for club headlines.

No one else in the comp would be bothered with the clown. He’s dreadful for culture and can’t even hold a starting position - after years of opportunity.

If people think he is a necessity in our top 17 - we won’t ever be winning a GF.

Agree with all of the above, but he did take his opportunity as a utility last season, and played that role pretty well. Overall though he has wasted his potential in his time with us, and if we lose him, it's no great loss. Yes he is a 🤡, and now an antivax 🤡 as well. It's getting harder to see any real upside in keeping him.

I’ll ask you this, do you think he’s that special - or was he just making the most of playing in a top 4 team?

Personally, I think he isn’t special at all. Not since pre snapped ankle.

He’s made the most of his opportunity playing 15mins a game. Wish him all the best but not a necessity in my opinion. Go and be anti vax somewhere else with your PlayStation and forgiving partner.
He had the potential to be pretty special. That
time is gone. He could have been an outstanding centre. That won't happen now either. His career has gone backwards since he came to us. It's not possible to argue otherwise.
However, he played well last season in the utility role. That doesn't make him special, only useful.

I’ll ask you this, do you think he’s that special - or was he just making the most of playing in a top 4 team?

Personally, I think he isn’t special at all. Not since pre snapped ankle.

He’s made the most of his opportunity playing 15mins a game. Wish him all the best but not a necessity in my opinion. Go and be anti vax somewhere else with your PlayStation and forgiving partner.
He plays 50 to 60 minutes comes on about the 20 min mark

Played 14 games in the untitle role.
4 games 20-30mins on the field.
5 games 40-50mins.
5 games 50-60mins.

In the 4 games he played 80mins - we lost all of them.
Your stats are almost correct - Walker played 14 games off the bench (10 wins)
4 games 20-30 mins
4 games 40-50 mins
6 games 50-60 min

In the four games Walker lost when he played 80 mins, there was no Turbo. If this is taken into account, it's obvious that many players who played 80 minutes lost more games than Walker. Even Turbo lost 5 games when he played 80 minutes.

For comparison, these are Lawton's minutes when he played 10 games off the bench (7 wins)
1 game 0-10 mins
1 game 10-20 mins
6 games 20-30 mins
1 game 30-40 mins
1 game 60-70 mins

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12