Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think it's also somewhat more complicated than "just a paycheck". For some, the values of a "good man/husband" would list the ability to provide for the family as the highest requirement and above that of being a mature, caring and healthy human being. Without going into a rant about gender politics, this is something that needs to be fixed to eradicate domestic violence (for women and men).

Completely agree. How many do you hear about (or know of personally) where the wife puts up with years of abuse because ‘he was a good dad to the kids’ or ‘a good provider/hard worker’ etc. Sometimes what finally puts an end to it is the first time he turns on one of the kids, sadly. On the other side of the coin, I’m sure there are men putting up with horrific treatment because ‘she’s a good mum’ or ‘the kids need their mum’ or umpteen variations on the same theme. Or because when the roles are reversed there’s every chance she’ll cry wolf and you’ll never see your kids again...I’ve personally witnessed that threat being made by a female abuser in my own family.

It's not quite the same - Stewart's case was found to be false. For Walker, there was some form of violent altercation. The question is whether it warrants a criminal charge.

The information given by the victim and father of the victim was quite damning against Stewart, so yes it is the same. Fortunately the jury saw through the false accusations and quickly exonerated Stewart. But there was a similar media feeding frenzy in the early stages and Stewarts name was dragged through the mud, and don't forget this dragged on for a long while. This matter with Walker may be a case of serious domestic abuse. It may also be a minor argument between partners that happens all the time. Issues of domestic violence happen very often in the community, and most end up being dismissed or having an AVO being ordered. I was required at Bankstown Court every Friday for three years, and most of the morning was set aside handling at times up approaching a hundred DV matters every week. This matter with Walker stands out because he is prominent in the community. Having said that, Walkers behaviour over the years does raise concerns.

Dylan Walker will kill his missus if nothing is done. Must be rubbed out of the game @NRL

Just an example of the knee jerk and hurtful tweets doing the rounds today on Twitter

One of the main issues I have with social media is that these hysterically overstated or unfounded opinions and speculation (by Joe Nobodies) end up driving a lot of the public discourse in this country and overseas.

On a side note, foreign governments use this exact tactic to help shape their own agendas globally. But I digress...

It's not quite the same - Stewart's case was found to be false. For Walker, there was some form of violent altercation. The question is whether it warrants a criminal charge.

Both Walker and Stewart were criminally charged, Stewart for a more serious matter of Sexual Assault, more aligned with De Belin's matter. Stewarts matter was found to be false after a long period when he was judged by the media and many in the community, just like Walker is being judged now. Stewart's matter was far more serious, virtually alleged rape of a minor. The court quickly dismissed the matter when all the evidence had been heard. That's all I'm suggesting here. Let the court decide, not a kangaroo court of a concerned public

Both Walker and Stewart were criminally charged, Stewart for a more serious matter of Sexual Assault, more aligned with De Belin's matter. Stewarts matter was found to be false after a long period when he was judged by the media and many in the community, just like Walker is being judged now. Stewart's matter was far more serious, virtually alleged rape of a minor. The court quickly dismissed the matter when all the evidence had been heard. That's all I'm suggesting here. Let the court decide, not a kangaroo court of a concerned public
Or the NRL.

NRL invites Clubs to participate so may have legal advice on their right to determine who is involved.

Greenturd and the RLPA will be busy @:cool:

Going totally against the tide here.
He’s been nothing but a stupid explosion waiting to happen since he first pulled on the jersey.
So I was kinda hoping the NRL would suspend him for the year for bringing the game into disrepute, thus allowing us to sign someone else with his freed up cash because he’s off contract at year’s end.
Harsh, I know.

Going totally against the tide here.
He’s been nothing but a stupid explosion waiting to happen since he first pulled on the jersey.
So I was kinda hoping the NRL would suspend him for the year for bringing the game into disrepute, thus allowing us to sign someone else with his freed up cash because he’s off contract at year’s end.
Harsh, I know.
He hasn't been found yet to have done anything wrong.
Let the magistrate decide his fate. Only then will the NRL have the law on their side to make a judgement.
Any pre-judging of Walker by an ill-informed NRL, or public opinion, could lead to law suits for wrongful dismissal, imo.

The information given by the victim and father of the victim was quite damning against Stewart, so yes it is the same. Fortunately the jury saw through the false accusations and quickly exonerated Stewart. But there was a similar media feeding frenzy in the early stages and Stewarts name was dragged through the mud, and don't forget this dragged on for a long while. This matter with Walker may be a case of serious domestic abuse. It may also be a minor argument between partners that happens all the time. Issues of domestic violence happen very often in the community, and most end up being dismissed or having an AVO being ordered. I was required at Bankstown Court every Friday for three years, and most of the morning was set aside handling at times up approaching a hundred DV matters every week. This matter with Walker stands out because he is prominent in the community. Having said that, Walkers behaviour over the years does raise concerns.
My point was in regard to the evidence that came to light today. I think police recordings can be regarded with more credibility than hearsay.

Last edited:
I have just scanned all of this today (i cant help myself even though I have plenty of other things to do,like most on here ) ...Other than some evidence being played in the court and the wife s recanted testimony ,nothing has changed ,if we played him on Saturday night I don't see why we wont play him going forward until his case has been finalized one way or another.Secondly to compare his case with De-Belins is not right one is common assault (which I don't agree with ) and the other is a matter of such seriousness that the custodial sentence could be 10-15 + years .Its very hard and there are so many competing influences but I can't see how Greenburg can rightly suspend either but especially DW until the court has had its say .Greenburg may think he is hot stuff but he ain't the King of the castle and the NRL does not rule the law of the land .De Belins case could take years to play out with appeals etc .his career could be potentially over by the time it gets anywhere near finalized and if old door knob head has jumped the gun by assuming the role of judge jury and executioner then the likes of De Belin will have a field day ,but buy that time that slimey piece of duplicity would have slithered off to another sport to wreck.
Very hard decision ,but probably in this case the right decision is ...no decision.
Having said that Greenburg will no doubt make the wrong decision (why should a leopard change its spots) so in that case its bye bye JDeB and maybe DW
Go Manly

Just because he hasn’t been found guilty doesn’t mean Toddy can’t/ won’t act. Pearce / Bubbler/ Monaghan all got lengthy suspensions for beinging the game into disrepute even though there was no criminal offence or even a suggestion of one.

Won’t be hard for Toddy to say there is enough Prima Facie evidence to say Dylan brought the game into disrepute( no doubt reminding everyone of his past exploits as well) and slap a lengthy suspension on him which might magically expire on the date of the next hearing.Dylan has a fair body of work over the years( although not as comprehensive a CV as Bubbler ) for Toddy to pounce on, just like he dispatched the Bubbler .Good luck arguing against the highlly ambiguous and all encompassing “ bringing the game into disrepute”. It was designed as a catch all phrase and will be used as one.

I don’t agree with it but he is the almighty all knowing Toddster and he will wield his sword mightily knowing he has public opinion ( strengthened by the fact he is a Manly player and an unpopular one at that ) on his side.

The court case verdict will determine Dylan’s NRL career but the Toddster won’t need that to make a preemptive strike.and galvanise his position as the almighty one.

Let’s be brutally honest here. Apart from a selection of Manly fans and neutrals with a fetish for due process where is the downside for his Lordship to suspend a bloke who , rightfully or wrongfully, is almost universally despised for his on and off field antics by most of Toddy’s flock..There is endless cudos and not much downside here for our esteemed leader.

All hail the Toddster!!!

Last edited:
The obvious here is that there was an incident
She has called the police so something was about to go down to make her react enough and be scared enough to make that call
It’s now whether what they will charge Walker for ?
The NRL will want to put some ban on him or will pressure the club to stand him down ,as they are willing to give salary cap relief
In other positions of employment individuals are stood down with full pay till proceedings are resolved .I believe the NRL will want to go down that path

The way I see it, Walker could beat the assault charges if he has good legal people. He could be sent for an independent medical examination by his legal people to obtain medical evidence for Court to determine if he was suffering from PTSD or the like at the time of the alleged assault that may have arisen out of the prior incident where he was severely punched by Curtis Scott in public for all to see. As one of the symptoms of PTSD can be extreme irritability and rage, it could be argued that any rage Walker had at the time of the alleged assault arose out of his symptoms of PTSD caused by him being severely punched by Scott, with such punching apparently exempt from criminal law proceedings because the punching incident occurred on the football field.

The way I see it, Walker could beat the assault charges if he has good legal people. He could be sent for an independent medical examination by his legal people to obtain medical evidence for Court to determine if he was suffering from PTSD or the like at the time of the alleged assault that may have arisen out of the prior incident where he was severely punched by Curtis Scott in public for all to see. As one of the symptoms of PTSD can be extreme irritability and rage, it could be argued that any rage Walker had at the time of the alleged assault arose out of his symptoms of PTSD caused by him being severely punched by Scott, with such punching apparently exempt from criminal law proceedings because the punching incident occurred on the football field.

That’s an incredibly long bow to draw, and all the prosecution would ever have to do in rebuttal is point out his history of violent outbursts prior to the Scott incident (i.e. punching a door hard enough to break his own hand).

I don’t doubt his being able to afford excellent legal representation is going to have an effect on the outcome (and/or any legal consequences if convicted) - he’ll get off more lightly than Dirtbag Daryl rocking up to court in his Sunday best trackies and steppin’ out thongs to represent himself, for sure. But an all-out insanity defence is fairly outlandish, especially when the victim has gone with the “It didn’t happen, I was confused” line (which magistrates must be so sick of hearing, let’s be honest). To claim any kind of ‘mental illness/impairment made me do it’, you kinda have to admit you actually did it in the first place. Don’t see that happening, somehow.

As much as I love snake, he was very lucky to get off. If the victim did not have any mental health issues, and her father wasn’t a known liar, I dare say the result would have gone the other way. I think walker is in deep trouble and there is a lot more evidence against him

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8