Van Nguyen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
true gats but i dont think there is any justification for "murder for murder"

I do for some cases.

if someone goes out and kills people like Ted Bundy or Ivan Milat did, they took pleasure in others pain. they should die as far as I am concerned. I just think of what their victims must have gone through before dying and the terror they must have felt and I only come up with one answer as to how they should be punished.

In the case of Drugs I think jail with abit of love you dont want is enough punishment.

It's there law so deal with it!

Dan do you really think you have to control the way people think. Surely you can uderstand that the world doesn't revolve around your ideals.

Cheers!

I would prefer them to rot ina jail. We should have prisinor exchange, send the to perpignon in France or Changi!

That will sort them out.

I have no problems with amrosi or the Bali terrorists spending their sentence in the depraved jails of australia where they will be raped and made to do things that is against their religion they so desperately hide behind!

Dan do you really think you have to control the way people think. Surely you can uderstand that the world doesn't revolve around your ideals.

Cheers!

of course I dont. But your posts in this thread are full of hypocracy and inaccuracies. I am pointing these out for you. mine are not full of any hypocracy.
The least flawless of arguments are usually the more correct! :stupid:

On a lighter note there was a comedy show on the other night where this comedian was doing a skit about drink driving.
He was drinking a beer telling the audience he was drinking and driving.
To explain why he was doing this, he then quoted how many people died from driving last year in England (something like 10,000), how many died from drinking alcohol (around the same) and how many died from drinking and driving (500).
To which he said- “If that’s the case I’m not taking any chances” (after swigging from his beer).

[quote author=byso]

Cheers!

of course I dont. But your posts in this thread are full of hypocracy and inaccuracies. I am pointing these out for you. mine are not full of any hypocracy.
The least flawless of arguments are usually the more correct! :stupid:
[/quote]

What are you talking about, there are more holes in your arguments than swiss cheese.

got debating 101 there do we byso...those comments actually get your score marked down in a real debate unless you can back it up with heavy fact and stats

really. Then thank you the argument is mine for the taking since you have already admitted where you are wrong and hypocritical

Garts beat me to it. The punishment does not fit the crime. Wouldn't singapore have been better to say "Take us to who you got the drugs off". Van Nguyen would of served his sentence and the guy higher up the chain would of hopefully been caught. Wouldn't that of been a much mere efficient way of stemming the drug trade in singapore.

Instead a silly runner is dead. The bloke that made the drugs is still making them. The bloke that sold Nguyen the drugs is still selling them. And in the three years that Nguyen has been in gaol 1000 other runners have gotten away with it.

At least Nguyen had the guts to say "It is my fault that i am here". He accepted his fate and didn't blame anybody. Cliffy and Byso on the other hand would probably be wimpering little gimps and it would be everyone elses fault except for their own.

Cliffy and Byso, do you believe that Nguyen deserved to die the wy he did this morning?

Because if you did by definition you are a red neck.

In Australia we live in a civil community. Brutally killing a person is not civil.

Garts beat me to it. The punishment does not fit the crime. Wouldn't singapore have been better to say \"Take us to who you got the drugs off\". Van Nguyen would of served his sentence and the guy higher up the chain would of hopefully been caught. Wouldn't that of been a much mere efficient way of stemming the drug trade in singapore.

Instead a silly runner is dead. The bloke that made the drugs is still making them. The bloke that sold Nguyen the drugs is still selling them. And in the three years that Nguyen has been in gaol 1000 other runners have gotten away with it.

At least Nguyen had the guts to say \"It is my fault that i am here\". He accepted his fate and didn't blame anybody. Cliffy and Byso on the other hand would probably be wimpering little gimps and it would be everyone elses fault except for their own.

Cliffy and Byso, do you believe that Nguyen deserved to die the wy he did this morning?

In Australia we live in a civil community. Brutally killing a person is not civil.

Said perfectly maqte. I couldn't agree more

Garts beat me to it. The punishment does not fit the crime. Wouldn't singapore have been better to say \"Take us to who you got the drugs off\". Van Nguyen would of served his sentence and the guy higher up the chain would of hopefully been caught. Wouldn't that of been a much mere efficient way of stemming the drug trade in singapore.

At least Nguyen had the guts to say \"It is my fault that i am here\". He accepted his fate and didn't blame anybody. Cliffy and Byso on the other hand would probably be wimpering little gimps and it would be everyone elses fault except for their own.

Stupid point. I would never get myself in that situation.

I see you've accepted him as a Martyr..........Good for you!

Will you be celebrating baby Nguyen this christmas?

just decided why the f#@k don't i put in my 2 bobs worth aswell!!

Ok let it be said that what he did onl;y has one word DUMB!! He died this morning for do a DUMB thing!! Now you have to ask:

If it were my brother (i don't have one, i have a sister but same thing) would i do what he did to get him out of debt??

Personally, i would not have done it how he did, if i knew the laws of singapore, which he would have (because of the 420 odd people who received the same punishment before him) you would have to be DUMB to do it like that. There had to be a better way of paying back his brothers debt.

Should he have received the death penalty??

A tricky one, but the law is the law and wherever you go you have to respect the law (if someone has a sign out front of their house saying "take off your shoes", you take off your shoes!!, just a smaller hypertheotical) I can't blame singapore for what they did they gave a drug smuggler the penalty that is stated in their law that you would recieve if you breached that law. The reason they gave him the death penalty is because singapores tax payers don't want to pay for a foreign drug smuggler to stay in their country.

As for being hung goes well it's medieval stuff, it is a cruel way to go. Perhaps they need to look at a better way of executing criminals but in singapore that is what you get when you receive the death penalty!

Today a young adult died because he was a) - doing what he could to get his brother out of trouble, b) not respecting the law of another country and c) just plainly doing a DUMB act, we've all done them just not to this extreme. If there is any light on the topic it is that hopefully those people who "do" drugs or traffic drugs into another country will now know (even more so than before because of the media coverage this got) that if you do the crime you will do the time and in singapore you don't do time, you are executed

Nutz - that the most sensible unemtional thing said so far.

You cant expect foreigners to come to australia and abide by our laws unless you are willing to abide by theirs.

I wonder how some would feel if foreigners from a non christian based country came in and basically raped their sister - which in some cases in some countries is perfectly legal.

And Dan - yes you can cause a few lives to be endangered through speeding but not as many that would have been endangered through the amount of drugs that was carried. Also the probabilty of you having and accidcent due to speeding is a lot lower than you drugs endangering someones life when there are 20,000+ hits there. Its about the risk - there is more risk in the drugs this 1 person was carrying compared to 1 person speeding - hence harsher pernalties are required.

Hanging is not the right way to go about it - **** death is not the right way, but its their way and all this martyr crap is just bull****. How the **** do the war veterans feel that the 100's of thousands of lives that were lost get 1 minutes silence and now there are thousands calling for the same respect to be given to a criminal. Lets not lose sight of the big picture here - people care more about this one criminal than the millions being slautered in zimbabwee. Good to know where people priorities are.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7