Val Holmes and the NFL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Another NRL star on the cusp of an attempt at the NFL...

What other NRL players do you think could have a (chance) at making the NFL ??

As an example I think Inglis would have been a decent wide reciever in his prime.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
Apparently it's a New York franchise.
Both aren't much good currently.
But as jets fan I hope it's them.
He couldn't damage them anymore than they damage themselves.
Good luck to him.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Was it Val’s dream?

Kevin Walters must be pissed off Cronk,Smith,Slater and now Holmes gone

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Is Val big enough ?

He can run but they don't do much of that over there.

Good luck to him, it will piss of Buzz and Greenturd at least :devil:
Speed kills at every sport
He has exceptional speed . If they cant catch you they cant stop you .

Harvies elbow

2017 Tipping Competitor
Is Val big enough ?

He can run but they don't do much of that over there.

Good luck to him, it will piss of Buzz and Greenturd at least :devil:
He'll have to increase muscle mass obviously but if he's wide receiver he'll probably be quick enough.
Turning and catching at speed while being hounded will be an experience for him though.
I'm just not sure where else they could put him.
Big ask.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
My guess would be punt/kick returner to begin,would spend a year or 2 on the practice squad and see where it goes.Seriously complicated to play wide receiver and learn to catch and have awareness,learning route running/playbook,learning to block, etc...whilst wearing pads/helmet.Could maybe be a running back in time,but needs to get more powerful without losing speed and would take time.Hope he is a success(but doubt it).Teams would be reluctant to give up a spot on 53 man roster to a longshot,would need to be seriously convinced of his upside to do that...Luckily teams can gain an extra practice squad player if it is a foreign player(10-11 spots)

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
True, but there must be at least 20 million african americans who are way faster than him and are playing the game already
I think Holmes can compete with the best of them with his great speed .
White American men play the game as well . It is not only a black mens game.
I think our elite NRL Athlete's can match the physical attributes of the NFL *** helmet wearing padded*** players .
The NRL is the toughest game of all .
The only challenge would be adapting to the American game

Harvies elbow

2017 Tipping Competitor
My guess would be punt/kick returner to begin,would spend a year or 2 on the practice squad and see where it goes.Seriously complicated to play wide receiver and learn to catch and have awareness,learning route running/playbook,learning to block, etc...whilst wearing pads/helmet.Could maybe be a running back in time,but needs to get more powerful without losing speed and would take time.Hope he is a success(but doubt it).Teams would be reluctant to give up a spot on 53 man roster to a longshot,would need to be seriously convinced of his upside to do that...Luckily teams can gain an extra practice squad player if it is a foreign player(10-11 spots)
Yeah I think you're spot on.
He would be more at home as a returner, being able to negotiate what's in front of him and making use of blockers.
I actually thought Hayne did ok in his short running back stint and should've persisted.
Unless there were other reasons for him to quit on it I thought he could've gone on.

Harvies elbow

2017 Tipping Competitor
I think Holmes can compete with the best of them with his great speed .
White American men play the game as well . It is not only a black mens game.
I think our elite NRL Athlete's can match the physical attributes of the NFL *** helmet wearing padded*** players .
The NRL is the toughest game of all .
The only challenge would be adapting to the American game
I agree Bozo but it's a lot to get used to.
The plays, the explosive Power and size of those players and the equipment.
Hayne said the helmets alone weigh a ton during games and practice and the fact that because it's not a game of endurance but power makes opposing defences lethal.
But if he's done his homework on what is expected and prepares well then he'll at least give himself the chance.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I agree Bozo but it's a lot to get used to.
The plays, the explosive Power and size of those players and the equipment.
Hayne said the helmets alone weigh a ton during games and practice and the fact that because it's not a game of endurance but power makes opposing defences lethal.
But if he's done his homework on what is expected and prepares well then he'll at least give himself the chance.
The NRL is a power game too mate . The only difference is it goes non stop for 80 minutes .

Smokin Joe

Bencher
The NRL is a power game too mate . The only difference is it goes non stop for 80 minutes .
I know you are a passionate rugby league supporter Bozo,but using that logic...then because both soccer and NRL are endurance games then NRL players should be world class soccer players and be able to make it in the EPL?

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I know you are a passionate rugby league supporter Bozo,but using that logic...then because both soccer and NRL are endurance games then NRL players should be world class soccer players and be able to make it in the EPL?
The NRL is both tough and endurance . The soccer boys have nothing on us mate

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Yeah I think you're spot on.
He would be more at home as a returner, being able to negotiate what's in front of him and making use of blockers.
I actually thought Hayne did ok in his short running back stint and should've persisted.
Unless there were other reasons for him to quit on it I thought he could've gone on.
I thought he was going well and wondered why he turned his back on the NFL,thought he could have gone further and looked like he was picking the game up.The problem for Holmes as a wide receiver are the complicated rules in playing that position and not giving away penalties,also having 3 guys trying to rip the ball out of your arms as there are no stripping the ball rules,it takes a lot to get used to carrying and running with the ball a different way...add to that guys coming at you from all angles,attacking the legs and knees.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12