• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle Eye

Reserve Grader
I was at the game and our under 20s team were killing it, all 17 players played well. Manase Fainu is a star IMO, his kicking game is so good, his defence is top class too. Anderson is very quick and has great acceleration, I rather have him in front of slow Wright to be honest. Alfred Smalley had a strong game as well with three tries and some strong carries.

Negatives were Tom Wright IMO, I don't think he's a half at all to be honest and he had a bad kicking game. Paseka needs to get more involved and demand for the ball.

The kids did well and what they had to do today. The Warriors are really struggling and the boys scored some nice tries. Big test next week, 2nd placed Penrith coming off a defeat today. Manly beat them 6 weeks ago and a win could get us as high as 5th, results going our way.

I was at the game and our under 20s team were killing it, all 17 players played well. Manase Fainu is a star IMO, his kicking game is so good, his defence is top class too. Anderson is very quick and has great acceleration, I rather have him in front of slow Wright to be honest. Alfred Smalley had a strong game as well with three tries and some strong carries.

Negatives were Tom Wright IMO, I don't think he's a half at all to be honest and he had a bad kicking game. Paseka needs to get more involved and demand for the ball.
Yeah,I can't agree about Paseka sorry.He had 14 runs for 152 metres and 15 tackles for no misses(yeah 15 is not massive) 4 tackle breaks and an offload in 61 minutes.He has been outstanding this month and I hope it continues....

Last edited:
I didn't see the match but I'm interested in the team's performance. That report mirrors what we have been saying about Wright since he started. Was he playing half or five-eight?
I'd love to hear what our club coaches think of him because anyone so inconsistent won't play first grade.

I didn't see the match but I'm interested in the team's performance. That report mirrors what we have been saying about Wright since he started. Was he playing half or five-eight?
I'd love to hear what our club coaches think of him because anyone so inconsistent won't play first grade.

Possibly why we invested in the young half from Cronulla's gun 20's side. Perhaps the powers that be feel wright is too much rocks and diamonds.

Anderson played that well maybe him for Wright this week!, can't have a slug on the wing in FG, we can't afford it.

In fact if we had lost to the Warriors I would have recommended that we play the whole under 20's team in FG instead of the current FG team this week!

The young Hooker was great, fast and good, quick service and had that extra time reserved for the players with that extra natural talent...his options of when to run, pass or kick were spot on - impressive.
Tom Wright seemed sharp but does not really control a game or take good options...better as a fullback who lurks around for 2nd phase to use his step and acceleration or link into the backline as a running player.
Paseka got involved with early carries and put a dent in them, solid display including some offloads in traffic.....as did another big islander off the bench.....killed them and played the ball with the defence skittled.
There is a hard working backrower Jesse Martin who is tireless and a top competitor.
The standout was fullback Anderson who is similar to Addo Carr - in the open an absolute athlete and has a future hopefully at Manly.
Will be surprised if he does not play in the 2018 trials and would predict him, alongside Paseka...as 2 who could fight for an NRL spot next season.
Also a mention to both centres, especially the powerhouse on the right side...plowed through 1-2 defenders most carries and looks a handful.

Let's not forget we were playing the Warriors who happened to have leaked an average of 57 points in the past 2 months. We have a great side up and coming but I think the Warriors made us look like world beaters.

The young Hooker was great, fast and good, quick service and had that extra time reserved for the players with that extra natural talent...his options of when to run, pass or kick were spot on -

Yeah, he played well but jeez, he likes pushing the envelope with forward passe from dummy half!

Let's not forget we were playing the Warriors who happened to have leaked an average of 57 points in the past 2 months. We have a great side up and coming but I think the Warriors made us look like world beaters.
Good point

Yeah, he played well but jeez, he likes pushing the envelope with forward passe from dummy half!
Yep ...personally didn't mind though as all those 9's that create a roll on through the middle do these (flat) passes, with C Smith the biggest culprit in the game.

Good point
NZ were soft, off the pace and lacked the guns of previous teams in this grade...but like top grade were better than previous form would suggest.
Regardless of who they were playing watch out for Paseka and Anderson to be in the 2018 top squad, the Hooker to have the potential down the track and that right centre to also get a shot...maybe as a powerhouse backrower imo.

Yeah,I can't agree about Paseka sorry.He had 14 runs for 152 metres and 15 tackles for no misses(yeah 15 is not massive) 4 tackle breaks and an offload in 61 minutes.He has been outstanding this month and I hope it continues....
Who is gunna run at the big rig:eek:

They played really well. it's good to have Tevita Funa back from injury he was killing it before he got injured earlier this year plus his a great goal kicker which we need in first grade. Jade Anderson has really shined at fullback in the last few weeks as has Alfred Smally taking hit ups up the middle to help out the forwards