UFC’s plans to put roof over 4 Pines Park

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This young fella is all over it.

Made more progress than the NRL has in 30 years on this issue.
Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 7.46.54 pm.jpeg

You gotta love the narks on here. Constantly bitching and moaning about the Penn family and their lack of interest and leadership. Now the guy seems to be making moves or at least trying to make changes and get a better outcome for the club and those same people are all “oh it’s a pipe dream”, “it’ll never happen” poo poo boohoo. Seriously, thank god Penn has a bit more vision and ambition than some people here. How about a bit of positivity instead of being a bunch of miserable negative Nancys.

You gotta love the narks on here. Constantly bitching and moaning about the Penn family and their lack of interest and leadership. Now the guy seems to be making moves or at least trying to make changes and get a better outcome for the club and those same people are all “oh it’s a pipe dream”, “it’ll never happen” poo poo boohoo. Seriously, thank god Penn has a bit more vision and ambition than some people here. How about a bit of positivity instead of being a bunch of miserable negative Nancys.
I'm sorry Mr Fish but if Penn was going to buy us a premiership he has had plenty of time already....

How are those New York eagles going?

Which private owner in Australia has built their own stadium? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

The Last great visionary was the late Bob Jane and his Thunderdome!

Got nothing against Penn. I think the negativity on this one comes from decades of being promised a new stadium with very little to show for it.

Great concept. However without trying to put too much of a dampener on the project questions come to mind.

1. What is the pay off in spending $300 million on the stadium and who is footing the bill. That's a lot of moolah and I dont see what a US company would get in return for such an outlay. The ground would need to be used for high profile performances that would help justify such a concept and I'm not sure what projects could justify that outlay here in Oz for a US operation
2. I understood the ground is owned by the Northern Beaches Council, not the MW Leagues Club or Penn. Not sure they would want the ground exclusively for such a corporation. Their interest concerns the needs of the community not corporations
3 What happens if Penn opts out or the US company sells rights to another corp not interested in League.

Just a couple of issues and there are many. I suspect its probably a concept discussed but not more than a 'what if' scenario.

why would the ufc need a 20000 seat training facility, how would a temporary boxing ring setup justify the 300 million spent given manly train there 4 times a week and play there fortnightly, another moronic news article

Out of the 457 proposed upgrades to our home ground so far this is the best.
Can't wait for version 500, that will make the Vegas stadium look like Lidcombe Oval.

i think because it’s a dumb idea

Keep reading the Telegraph. You'll get all the Manly news there.

Out of the 457 proposed upgrades to our home ground so far this is the best.
Can't wait for version 500, that will make the Vegas stadium look like Lidcombe Oval.
There used to be fights better than UFC at Lidcombe Oval involving Manly back in the day…

i think because it’s a dumb idea
Interesting. Why is it a dumb idea? Do you mean it’s dumb to think it could happen? Or do you think the concept is dumb - so IF it turned out it could be built, you’d still prefer Brookvale the way it is now?

Interesting. Why is it a dumb idea? Do you mean it’s dumb to think it could happen? Or do you think the concept is dumb - so IF it turned out it could be built, you’d still prefer Brookvale the way it is now?
Yeah I prefer Brookvale as it is now…we have been conditioned to think we need first class facilities but I am a season ticket holder and I manage to piss and eat and enjoy the game the same as I have since I started following RL. I don’t need a dumb roof and a space age ****ter to have a great day game experience. But that’s just me 😎

Yeah I prefer Brookvale as it is now…we have been conditioned to think we need first class facilities but I am a season ticket holder and I manage to piss and eat and enjoy the game the same as I have since I started following RL. I don’t need a dumb roof and a space age ****ter to have a great day game experience. But that’s just me 😎
Fair enough. I disagree. I too am, and have been a season ticket holder for many years. Whilst I love going to Brooky to watch our team, I think it’s high time we had a facility that belongs in this century. Proper seating, covered seats (not necessarily a roof), proper corporate facilities, a boundary fence that’s not made of chicken wire, more food options and so on. But most importantly, we need a facility that ensures the NRL won’t one day turn around and say sorry Manly, your ground is no longer up to NRL standard- you play at Allianz from now on. Then how will you feel about good OLD brooky? Don’t think it’ll come to that?? I wouldn’t be so sure.

Nobody mentioned the space age ****ter before. That changes everything! Count me (and my irritable bowel) in for the roof and the UFC half-time show if they throw in a space age ****ter!

There needs to be a way to keep some soul in traditional grounds. Modern purpose built stadiums are fantastic but there's usually more atmosphere in a morgue. Any proposals should look at keeping what makes Brookie Brookie

Fair enough. I disagree. I too am, and have been a season ticket holder for many years. Whilst I love going to Brooky to watch our team, I think it’s high time we had a facility that belongs in this century. Proper seating, covered seats (not necessarily a roof), proper corporate facilities, a boundary fence that’s not made of chicken wire, more food options and so on. But most importantly, we need a facility that ensures the NRL won’t one day turn around and say sorry Manly, your ground is no longer up to NRL standard- you play at Allianz from now on. Then how will you feel about good OLD brooky? Don’t think it’ll come to that?? I wouldn’t be so sure.
I take your point about the NRL turning around and telling us we need to play somewhere else. That would be devastating.

It makes no sense.

With or without a roof, why would ufc train in the middle of a vast grass field? Even with a boxing ring in the middle it would still be stupid.

Why wouldn’t they just train in the existing centre of excellence?

If it is about fights, the venue is way too big in surface area, and not high or steep enough in seating arrangements.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8