1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U/20's vs Canberra

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Evo, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Evo

Evo Capt Goodvibe

Ratings:
    +46 / 16
    Saw a fair bit of the match.

Man, Addison Demetriou was awesome.
    His leg speed in attack and off the line defence was outstanding. Commentators raved about his performance. Reckon he'd love a crack at first grade.

Will Pearsall also played really well, put on a pass for a meat pie that Cliffy would be proud of!

Dave Heath's doing a great job with this team and certainly enough there to establish a pathway for the next 3 years.

TBH, now the dust has settled, I'd be more pissed off losing the Turbo brothers than DCE & Foran.

2. manlyseaeaglesyeew

manlyseaeaglesyeew Active Member

Ratings:
    +147 / 7
    the thought of losing the turbo brothers makes my skin boil

3. mjb136

mjb136 MWSE fanatic Premium Member

sydney
    Ratings:
    +1,462 / 32
    The 20s have been a breath of fresh air. Am excited about the future for some of these guys.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,115 / 287
    Someone said offer them 10 year contracts. That's ridiculous of course - but I wouldn't go past a 6-7 year stepped contract. Make it a % of the cap, rather than a specified amount. Example: Clinton gets 4.5% of Manly's Salary Cap, for the next 7 years.

5. davohan123

davohan123 Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +986 / 56
    I know
    These guys will go deep into September I think

Wish some of our senior guys played with the same passion and dedication to the jersey

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,840 / 103
    I know its early to talk about semi-finals but what is the qualification for Under 20s if you've played a higher grade, such as Tom Turbo? I know in grade cricket to qualify you had to play three of the last five matches in that grade.

7. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    The tank as he should be known would not be as effective in firsts of course but could be worth a thought. At least try him in reggies for a week to see how he goes against bigger opposition

8. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    I think Demetriou is not far away from first grade. He runs straight and hard and is like a tank. Another that we must secure long term!