Turbo good to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Of course hope that he can have a blinder of a year for Manly and finally a better run on the injury front but by the same token , no certainty that he would be a walk up start at S O O
Best , Mitchell , Crichton probably ist choices in the centres , maybe even Staggs .
Probably Teddy at full back again .
Really should be almost totally focused and taking into account recent seasons , in delivering to the best of his ability for Manly in future seasons

Of course hope that he can have a blinder of a year for Manly and finally a better run on the injury front but by the same token , no certainty that he would be a walk up start at S O O
Best , Mitchell , Crichton probably ist choices in the centres , maybe even Staggs .
Probably Teddy at full back again .
Really should be almost totally focused and taking into account recent seasons , in delivering to the best of his ability for Manly in future seasons
Lets not beat around the bush Al, if Turbo keeps it together fitness wise, come Origin time, he'll be first one picked. Turbo's a proven big match winner.

Maybe even at one? If Teddy isn't selected, maybe Cleary (or Murray) would be skipper?
Yep, my thoughts as well 40zip. After the test debacle in NZ Teddy's spot is looking very shaky to say the least. Tom only needs to be healthy for him to claim the no1 jersey imo.

Yep, my thoughts as well 40zip. After the test debacle in NZ Teddy's spot is looking very shaky to say the least. Tom only needs to be healthy for him to claim the no1 jersey imo.
Reece Walsh will nab it. Turbo will be a bit like snake. In any other generation, he would have been the man but stuck behind Teddy and passed by to the new kid. Snake had Minichello then Slater.

Teddy has been a great fullback for NSW and has the record of the most consecutive games with 22, surpassing Buderus's 21. However, his form has dropped off in the last two seasons.

As stated earlier, I would prefer Turbo to stand down from Origin next season, but he has already stated he wants to play. This year he was head binned after 70 minutes in Game One & suffered a season ending pec injury in the third minute of Game Two. Maybe these are hints that he should take a break?

I would prefer Turbo to stand down from Origin next season, but he has already stated he wants to play.
I hope Turbo follows is heart and gives it his all at NRL and Rep level
No one becomes tougher wrapped up in cotton wool

Turbo is an all or nothing Character
Like all Great Characters are

Give it All Tommy and leave Nothing in the tank
1701613288416.png

Teddy has been a great fullback for NSW and has the record of the most consecutive games with 22, surpassing Buderus's 21. However, his form has dropped off in the last two seasons.

As stated earlier, I would prefer Turbo to stand down from Origin next season, but he has already stated he wants to play. This year he was head binned after 70 minutes in Game One & suffered a season ending pec injury in the third minute of Game Two. Maybe these are hints that he should take a break?
I guess he's made this statement on how he's feeling right now at pre-season training. So we should all be heartened by this and trust Tom on what he wants to achieve coming into the next season.

I saw the interview and got to say quite disappointed in his decision to represent. I thought naively given his past injuries background and significant time off the field, he may have just prioritized the Manly club and the Manly team and Manly supporters in 2024 ahead of his representative ambitions. But then again I am just a poor old Manly supporter who watches every damn Manly game where we get beat because we yet again don't have our rather expensive superstar playing for us!!

The decision to have a break from representative football by Ponga last year was a huge success for him and for Newcastle. It's a shame Tom is not prepared to make that sacrifice for his club. I respect his drive and competitiveness but I'm disappointed.

The decision to have a break from representative football by Ponga last year was a huge success for him and for Newcastle. It's a shame Tom is not prepared to make that sacrifice for his club. I respect his drive and competitiveness but I'm disappointed.
I am pretty sure that Ponga had made himself available for the 1st game even though mentally and physically he was shot. I must have missed his announcement of him standing down somewhere.

Turbo only plays a quarter of the season usually. Manly is nuts, and stupid to be paying big money for a player that never plays. Maybe they should get him into coaching.

Ponga gets referenced often as an example of stepping down but he only stepped down after Walsh got picked ahead of him for game 1

Last edited:
Turbo only plays a quarter of the season usually. Manly is nuts, and stupid to be paying big money for a player that never plays. Maybe they should get him into coaching.
We re-signed Tom at the end of 2019. He averaged 20 games a season in the 4 seasons before with 3 of those seasons being 20 plus appearences.

He now has a contract.

Hindsight is 20/20 but his re-signing at the time was applauded. Certainly not nuts or stupid.

Spent a couple of hours with Turbo 2 months ago and he was well on the way to being 100%.
His injury in SOO was a freak accident and non related to his previous injuries, which were (hamstring) related and he felt he was on top of this issue which imo has been the biggest concern.
Such a nice bloke too and I noticed though he was involved in a fun training session, he often stood aside, just to be ultra careful of any possible issues and was fully focused on a no risk approach, but still took the time to support myself and to call it out, mainly support his junior footy side - the Mona Vale Raiders and these kids were on cloud 9.....I am hoping like everyone else 2024 is an injury free season for Tom and Manly in general, but that's my direct experience with Tom recently, so all I can say he is lefitimately feeling great for now and giving himself every chance of making it a great season.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8