Trouble within the club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
Well I can only presume, the decision was made as a long term investment/gain rather than a short one. Any decent juniors that are coming of age or of age when Btown became our feeder club, would of already had eyes on them by penrith probably for quite some time and signed by St marys. I feel the Fulton's were thinking further into the future, where our eyes will be on kids coming through workers from a young age and up the age groups where we can identify the talent there first. They'd probably feel more obliged to stay with their junior club through loyalty also if they knew there was a pathway to the NRL rather than just the mainstream option of playing massey for st marys in the area. Blacktown hasn't given us anything now but I feel like it could in the future, to what extent is anyone's guess I suppose. But with the amount of participation levels at every club out here, there will be some good players come through at some point. Well that's my thoughts anyways
That's a nice assessment mate.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If you only knew how hard I am laughing write now.
Regards,
Biff
That's all good @Thewestisbest As long as we aren't all "biffing" up the wrong tree.
Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Ned

Bencher
Well I can only presume, the decision was made as a long term investment/gain rather than a short one. Any decent juniors that are coming of age or of age when Btown became our feeder club, would of already had eyes on them by penrith probably for quite some time and signed by St marys. I feel the Fulton's were thinking further into the future, where our eyes will be on kids coming through workers from a young age and up the age groups where we can identify the talent there first. They'd probably feel more obliged to stay with their junior club through loyalty also if they knew there was a pathway to the NRL rather than just the mainstream option of playing massey for st marys in the area. Blacktown hasn't given us anything now but I feel like it could in the future, to what extent is anyone's guess I suppose. But with the amount of participation levels at every club out here, there will be some good players come through at some point. Well that's my thoughts anyways
Maybe you're right, let's hope it pays off.....one day

KNUCKLES

Bencher
Maybe you're right, let's hope it pays off.....one day
Having a footprint in the west can only be a good thing in my opinion. After all it's the Rugby League heartland of NSW, and is only getting bigger and stronger by the year. Rome wasn't built in a day, it will take some time. But I'm still a big believer in developing locals and making rugby league thrive on the beaches also.

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
The loss of Scott Fulton, mentioned in the SMH today, confirms for me that the club is in crisis. I know many argue about the politics in the club that has been a problem for the past decade. But Scott Fulton for all his faults, has been instrumental in bringing young talent to the club. The fact its been used in a questionable way, is not his fault. Now heading to Wests, I fear for Manly retaining quite a few of their young talented players and it makes me wonder if this conflict has been the cause of problems with our younger players including Schuster. I could be very wrong here, but I think this is a dangerous decision and I wonder if Manly will soon hold the title of 'Fibros' and Wests 'Silvetrtails' As I said I could be very wrong but as Han Solo would say 'I've got a bad feeling about this.' These issues are why I have delayed renewing my membership.

One might ask why have we gone from winning multiple junior premierships with stacked junior squads to wooden spooners in just two years since 2021...

Sea Eagles results:

2018 SG Ball - 7th, Finals week 1
2018 Harold Matthews - 3rd, Premiers

2019 SG Ball - 1st, Grand Finalists
2019 Harold Matthews - 3rd, semi finalists

2021 SG Ball - 2nd, Semi-Finalists
2021 Harold Matthews - 1st, Premiers

2022 SG Ball - 8th
2022 Harold Matthews - 9th

2023 SG Ball - 15th (of 16)
2023 Harold Matthews - 15th (of 15)

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Oh dear - the plot thickens - but at the Tigers (the marriage made in heaven).

As our own Bozo might say, “Perspective time people, look at these focksticks!”

From the SMH:

Secrets in Tiger Town: Why board hid Fulton signing from Sheens and Marshall​

By Michael Chammas and Adam Pengilly

May 1, 2023 — 6.42pm

Wests Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis has defended the club’s decision to sign Scott Fulton as the club’s head of recruitment without consulting NRL coach Tim Sheens and his assistant Benji Marshall.

The Tigers last week secured the services of Bob Fulton’s son, a long-time talent scout at Manly, to join the club immediately.

The decision came as a surprise to Sheens and his right-hand man, Warren McDonnell, whose role in recruitment at the club has now been diluted.

Hagipantelis said the board, alongside chief executive Justin Pascoe, were responsible for negotiations and didn’t feel they had an obligation to keep the coach, or McDonnell, in the loop with their plans for the club.

“The decision was made in the best interest of the Wests Tigers,” Hagipantelis said. “An opportunity presented itself to the board. The board dealt with it quickly, undertaking all necessary due diligence. There was of course a great deal of commercial sensitivity given the gentleman involved was employed by another club, and we were very respectful of that.

“The decision was taken to deal with the matter at board level with our CEO. We acted promptly and in the best interest of the club. This is another resource which we’ve added to our football department and we’re very excited to welcome Scott to the Wests Tigers.”

Fulton will take over the recruitment of the NRL squad, while McDonnell has been told he will now focus on junior pathways.

The decision to pursue Fulton came after the club missed out on signing Parramatta’s Mitchell Moses after a widely publicised pursuit of the halfback.
Tim Sheens’ joy at the Tigers’ first win of the season was tempered by the news the club’s board had employed a new recruitment boss without his knowledge.

Tim Sheens’ joy at the Tigers’ first win of the season was tempered by the news the club’s board had employed a new recruitment boss without his knowledge.CREDIT: GETTY

McDonnell had asked to negotiate on his own with Moses’ agent Isaac Moses given his relationship with the player-manager and his preference to keep discussions confidential.

The Tigers board granted McDonnell his request but were disappointed with the outcome of the negotiations. An offer was never taken back to the board for approval, leaving Tigers powerbrokers concerned the club had been used as leverage for Moses to extract more money out of Parramatta.

Tigers chief executive Justin Pascoe has twice previously moved on McDonnell from the club.
He returned to the club at the end of 2021 when Sheens made it a prerequisite for him accepting the job as the Tigers’ director of rugby league, with an ultimatum that forced the club to move on highly regarded former general manager Adam Hartigan.

Hartigan has since been employed by Bulldogs general manager Phil Gould to work alongside Cameron Ciraldo and the club’s recruitment staff.

Tigers sources, speaking on the condition of anonymity due to the delicate nature of the situation, say that Sheens’ nose has been put out of joint by Fulton’s appointment but Hagipanetlis said he did not envisage any tension as a result of the club’s decisions.

“I do not anticipate there will be any concerns or issues with what is a wonderful addition to our football department despite the efforts of some to suggest that there may be,” Hagipantelis said.

“Everyone that is employed by the Wests Tigers is employed for the sole purpose of furthering the interest of the Wests Tigers only. This was not a situation of our making in that the opportunity was presented to the board.

“The board fully explored the opportunity and made the decision that the engagement of Scott would be in the best interest of the Wests Tigers. He’s employed in addition to our current resources and we think he will greatly benefit our recruitment program.”

Fulton had been in talks with the Dragons about joining the embattled club, which risks missing the finals for the fifth successive year.

But with the club yet to decide on who will be their coach beyond this season, the negotiations with Fulton never reached the pointy end. He became increasingly frustrated and was open to other opportunities.
That was when the Tigers pounced. It was only last week the board floated the prospect of luring Fulton to Concord, and within days the agreement had been brokered.

The Tigers recognise the speed with which Fulton closes out player deals, and were impressed at the ease in which their own negotiations with him progressed.

“The board and I acted swiftly when the opportunity was presented to us and we believe the appointment of Scott Fulton will be a great addition to the club and the current football program,” Tigers chief executive Justin Pascoe said.

Last edited:

Shoe1

Journey Man
One might ask why have we gone from winning multiple junior premierships with stacked junior squads to wooden spooners in just two years since 2021...

Sea Eagles results:

2018 SG Ball - 7th, Finals week 1
2018 Harold Matthews - 3rd, Premiers

2019 SG Ball - 1st, Grand Finalists
2019 Harold Matthews - 3rd, semi finalists

2021 SG Ball - 2nd, Semi-Finalists
2021 Harold Matthews - 1st, Premiers

2022 SG Ball - 8th
2022 Harold Matthews - 9th

2023 SG Ball - 15th (of 16)
2023 Harold Matthews - 15th (of 15)
The premier players get older and move up grades. The next crop aren’t always brilliant, so it’s not that simple.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Ok great so no dramas just boys being boys.
Schu will smash himself doing fitness and be back better than ever.
The boys are all sweet together and they'll do the job on the donkeys on Fri night.
I feel better now thanks Josh A.

Have you sent me that deposit on the bridge in Sydney you're buying ?

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Having a footprint in the west can only be a good thing in my opinion. After all it's the Rugby League heartland of NSW, and is only getting bigger and stronger by the year. Rome wasn't built in a day, it will take some time. But I'm still a big believer in developing locals and making rugby league thrive on the beaches also.

100% agree ... the only other thing I would like to see is to also reconnect with, and develop the Kiwi scouting ... we lwys went well with players like the Iro's, Matai, Matthew Ridge, Darrell Williams, Craig Innes, et al

Eagle 1

First Grader
100% agree ... the only other thing I would like to see is to also reconnect with, and develop the Kiwi scouting ... we lwys went well with players like the Iro's, Matai, Matthew Ridge, Darrell Williams, Craig Innes, et al
Agree, we also have a big following in NZ also, we really should tap into this.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
12 6 6 -39 14