1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tries from spilt kicks?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Lyonstomenzies, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Lyonstomenzies

Lyonstomenzies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +607 / 18
    How many tries have we conceded this season from kicks where we have not taken them cleanly or just not challenged (Jorge)?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    2 in opening game,1 against roosters tafua,walker last Thursday.That's 4 just there but maybe more that I've missed.

3. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    It's stupid snake never wants to run it up so he passes or leaves it he is a pussy ATM but could be injured but he looks badLi out of form

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Briza

Briza Active Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 15
    Add snake for the 2nd last try, for a total of 16 points v Eels.

5. qldeagle

qldeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +979 / 48
    We have such a reputation for not being able to handle the high ball it'd be the number one priority for our opposition's game plan. 5th tackle options always go to Jorge while I look through my fingers and hope for the best. 99% of the time they score or get a repeat set.

6. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    Please show a bit of respect to a club legend like Snake. Ok there was an error the other night that cost a try but you also must remember the number of tries he has saved over the years without forgetting the ones he has scored or made.

The game was handed to the worms on a platter due to mistakes especially the 10 that came direct from dropped balls. I think its important not to overlook how close that game actually was and how the team did without key players.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Mr Manly 007

Mr Manly 007 Active Member

Ratings:
    +217 / 5
    Every time a ball gets kicked in the air - I **** myself. Whenever catch on afull or defuse a kick..... And all the opposition coaches know it....

8. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    The pattern this season has been broken play. If you can get a break down from a kick then the lack of structure from that causes absolute havoc. The defenses are so well drilled to line up, spread and move forward that as soon as things go a little awry, things just fall apart.

The scramble has been lost

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    Defending kicks has been the teams achillies heel for a long time. We do not look convincing defending them and I cant remember too many tries coming to us where one of our guys catches a bomb to score. To see Gutho so confident under the high ball suggests to me that we missed a trick in letting him go. Brett is safe as a rule under a boom as is Tom, Jorge needs to improve there

10. Simonmyers11

Simonmyers11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,033 / 97
    Api missed cleaning up one in goal.
    And brown missed one in previous game resulting in try. A lot!

11. ManlyMit

ManlyMit Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +183 / 7
    There was 3 of them against the eels. Walker, Snake & Api fumbles all led to tries.

12. mjb136

mjb136 MWSE fanatic Premium Member

sydney
    Ratings:
    +1,462 / 32
  13. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,346 / 56
    Off these kicks - there's a few combined issues...
    The players look awkward & uncertain because it has been an issue...
    The red flag to signal danger does not seem to be up, urgency for some reason is missing, players inside do not really seem to move the way they should & though theres no blocking allowed - most teams boast far better kick protection.
    Last but not least - Taufua is a lottery under the ball & Matai drops plenty his way also....Tom is exceptional & have mentioned before - can't understand why he is not used as an attacking weapon in the air up the other end - will win 75% of the ball over anyone.

14. HK_Eagle

HK_Eagle Well-Known Member

Hong Kong
    Ratings:
    +898 / 20
    Not to mention the inability to defuse the bomb in the first place, which then went on to the Api fumble. That was like a double whammy. If I were the Eels, I'd be complaining they didn't get 2 tries out of it :)

15. HK_Eagle

HK_Eagle Well-Known Member

Hong Kong
    Ratings:
    +898 / 20
    There was a season there (quite a few back now) where Lyon was plucking them out of the air at will. Not to mention the good ole days where Snake was spectacular and was all over anything that was put up in the air.

16. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,523 / 134
    Jorge is such a powerhouse and helps get us out of our danger zone like no other winger in the competition. He is also very good at bouncing off his wing to bury the opposition into the turf and shut down the play. Rarely have I ever seen him bungled into touch when the slightest of try scoring opportunities arise in the corner.

Yes, he is not the best under the ball but he gets picked week in week out because he brings a lot of positives to the team.