Trick Plays- an off season thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Hear me now feathered friends. I am sick of the negative topics that I keep seeing lateley so let's hear your ideas for trick plays, those put everything on the line and not scoot from dummy half for four plays and kick for the winger plays.

My left field idea is for when trailing with time nearly up and we get a penalty defending our try line in stead of kicking for touch we put up a bomb to come down directly on the defensive line and then Lyon can easily out jump the stationary defenders ( the backs would have dropped back to the sidelines)and spread the ball to the speedsters who should have plenty of support runners against a broken defense. Small % play but tricky.

Any body got anything else to throw up for discussion.

When feeding a scrum 10m out from your own line, get your speed men ready. Opposition teams these days have a habit of putting their fullbacks in at lock, and letting their forwards handle the defensive line against you. Their wingers are usually up in the defensive line too.

Pack our side of the scrum as per usual and put on a big push. Have Foran feed and win the scrum, but as the scrum breaks, our front rowers should keep their heads down and hold onto their opposition props for as long as possible, preventing the scrum from effectively breaking too quickly (like the Roosters of the 70's and Storm do now)

Foran to feed the ball as quickly as possible to DCE and DCE to put a long kick deep into their territory while their fullback is still retreating from packing into the scrum at lock. If our wingers and Jamie and Snake are awake to it, and have already commenced the chase as the ball leaves DCE's boot, we'd have a great chance of regathering deep in their territory, if not going on to score.

I think that would shock some sides, and coaches

c eagle said:
I expect a lot of deep raids coming from mateo off loads to foz dce and snake.

I wonder if 2V will use him late in the half as the warriors did.

mozgrame said:
When feeding a scrum 10m out from your own line, get your speed men ready. Opposition teams these days have a habit of putting there fullbacks in at lock, and letting there forwards handle the defensive line against you. Their wingers are usually up in the defensive line too.

Pack our side of the scrum as per usual and put on a big push. Have Foran feed and win the scrum, but as the scrum breaks, our front rowers should keep their heads down and hold onto their opposition props for as long as possible, preventing the scrum from effectively breaking too quickly (like the Roosters of the 70's and Storm do now)

Foran to feed the ball as quickly as possible to DCE and DCE to put a long kick deep into their territory while their fullback is still retreating from packing into the scrum at lock. If our wingers and Jamie and Snake are awake to it, and have already commenced the chase as the ball leaves DCE's boot, we'd have a great chance of regathering deep in their territory, if not going on to score.

Yeh really like one, it's something at times I've thought why don't teams do it?

Another is the early kick off an attacking scrum. I saw us do it against the Titans a year or two back and Killer went over to score.

I know the game is all about possession/and grind. But you throw a few of these trick shots in and teams struggle to contain you. That's why the Warriors have always been the bogey team of the Storm.

I know the old " chip over the top, catch and run through" is very much old school BUT occasionally that would shock an opposition defence if used very early in the tackle count.

Killer03 said:
mozgrame said:
When feeding a scrum 10m out from your own line, get your speed men ready. Opposition teams these days have a habit of putting there fullbacks in at lock, and letting there forwards handle the defensive line against you. Their wingers are usually up in the defensive line too.

Yeh really like one, it's something at times I've thought why don't teams do it?

Another is the early kick off an attacking scrum. I saw us do it against the Titans a year or two back and Killer went over to score.

I know the game is all about possession/and grind. But you throw a few of these trick shots in and teams struggle to contain you. That's why the Warriors have always been the bogey team of the Storm.

Absolutely agree.

Enjoyed watching all rep sides in the 4 nations throw it around - 90 metres away from the tryline or 10 metres out, playing unpredictable, spontaneous footy (ie such as Shaun Johnson).

Not playing a structured, basic, programmed routine; 5 hit ups and long kick by half and enthusiastic chase.

Ballamy, Maguire and many, many more NRL coaches (strugglin' for names as I've had a couple of quiet 1's) are paid $1 or 2 million dollars a year for something so canivingly basic my 12 year old nephew could coach 17 good, NRL footballers to do, for a club jersey, a pair of good runners & $100 or $200 bucks a week - pocket money.

Kick return from a kickoff.

Instead of receiving a kickoff on the try line and passing to a prop to return it, the receiver advances 5 metres and kicks it back into the opposition in goal.

Rest of team is clued in and is already waiting down there for the kicker to run them onside.

We tried to ol' kick from the scrum base play this year against Souths at the SCG, and Snake would have scored, had he not had to jump so high for the bouncing ball, thus slowing him down considerably.

I think we're one of the few teams in the competition that will actually play what is in front of us. We have very creative halves by today's standards, and of course Snake is a genius with the ball in hand. The play he put on to send Lyon over against Penrith was absolute magic. He turned Soward inside out just by reading what the defence was doing and premeditating nothing.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2