Treatise on the sharp decline in pie quality at Lollyland

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

ricardo

Bencher
Last Friday I worked through the day and essentially forgotten o have lunch, so when I got to Brooky I was starving and parched. I was of course overjoyed to see the $10 pie and beer deal so I jumped at it!

Well the beer did its job but seriously wth have Mrs Mac and/or the vendors done with the pies !?! Way too doughy, not cooked enough, hard as a rock, dry ... I could go on. I was so distressed I went back again to confirm it wasn't a one off.

It wasn't, the second was again pretty much white, dry and with dough about half an inch think.

My third was the same. A solid sample size to come to the conclusion ... Mrs Mac and / or the vendors need to get it together!!!

This after the ticket girls took forever to get my the "one adult general admission" (FFS how hard can it be) and the severe redhead drought in the Seabirds ... not sure how much a bloke can take?

Last Friday I worked through the day and essentially forgotten o have lunch, so when I got to Brooky I was starving and parched. I was of course overjoyed to see the $10 pie and beer deal so I jumped at it!

Well the beer did its job but seriously wth have Mrs Mac and/or the vendors done with the pies !?! Way too doughy, not cooked enough, hard as a rock, dry ... I could go on. I was so distressed I went back again to confirm it wasn't a one off.

It wasn't, the second was again pretty much white, dry and with dough about half an inch think.

My third was the same. A solid sample size to come to the conclusion ... Mrs Mac and / or the vendors need to get it together!!!

This after the ticket girls took forever to get my the "one adult general admission" (FFS how hard can it be) and the severe redhead drought in the Seabirds ... not sure how much a bloke can take?

Well said .... these are the big issues we should be discussing ....

Back in the day we used to be able to scoff a couple down before the game and play with no ill effects .... try that with one of these current dog's eyes and it would be like running around with a kg lump of pasty mud in your gut ....

didn't you go for a fourth to make absolutely certain? @:)

didn't you go for a fourth to make absolutely certain? @:)

The thought did cross my mind ... not gonna lie.

They're just trying to make you eat sausage rolls instead so Zorba can say he was right.

Interestingly my female companion tried one and abandoned it halfway in. As she was dying of the plague I didn't share the second half but it looked 1) undercooked, 2) dough asf. If it wasn't for the litres of tomato sauce I'd imagine it was dry as well.

Well said .... these are the big issues we should be discussing ....

Back in the day we used to be able to scoff a couple down before the game and play with no ill effects .... try that with one of these current dog's eyes and it would be like running around with a kg lump of pasty mud in your gut ....

Interestingly i used to do the same with the four and twenty pie and beer which was basically the same as an energy bar and Gatorade. Or at least that's what I recall from my teens/twenties.

I had boycotted the "hot doggy hot dog" after seeing him taking a pee in the bushes then heading back to work ... but my food poisoning fears are not as strong as my desire for tasty yumminess which he has always supplied. I may brave the urine soaked buns in the future. Or perhaps go to the overpriced hot dog bloke in the ground ... not sure.

Excuses, valid or not. Are not allowed on these forums. Pretty piss weak you didn't buy fourth pie.

I agree and will make better efforts next time.

Pies and beer are to footy what Maccas is to road trips. Should be able to get them right by now

The ridiculous thing these days is the cost of food at grounds.

I took my grandsons to the Gabba for a Big Bash game earlier this year, this is what my wife and I had with them and then the price at the end.

2 meat pies ( us)
2 sausage rolls ( boys 6 and 8)
2 buckets hot chips
2 Bottles of Gatorade ( boys )
2 beers (me)
1 bottle of water ( trouble and strife).

Thank you sir that will be $96.00

WTF, $96 , my family seats only cost $58 are you kidding!!!!

The ridiculous thing these days is the cost of food at grounds.

I took my grandsons to the Gabba for a Big Bash game earlier this year, this is what my wife and I had with them and then the price at the end.

2 meat pies ( us)
2 sausage rolls ( boys 6 and 8)
2 buckets hot chips
2 Bottles of Gatorade ( boys )
2 beers (me)
1 bottle of water ( trouble and strife).

Thank you sir that will be $96.00

WTF, $96 , my family seats only cost $58 are you kidding!!!!

Wow.

i had a great laugh in the second half when the bloke near to me got up and proclaimed "its here" to his mrs. up he goes, me a bit confused... when he returned he'd had uber eats delivered i'm guessing to a fence line somewhere. His mrs rolled out the blanket and a chinese feast they had. No dodgy pies for them!

Now that’s bloody clever

Do you really think they'd offer quality in a pie and beer deal lol. You should've got the chicken burger deal under the FM stand - cost more but at least its quality! Remember the saying 'you only get what you pay for' and sorry you got what you paid for.

I've gotta mate that hates Mrs Macs pies with a passion so I sent him a photo of the Mrs Macs sign at the ground, he told me just looking at the picture game him heart burn haha. I avoid them altogether and go for the Dagwood dog.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10