Trbojevic ready to spread wings at 9s

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...e/news-story/a8c0f8b04b43d6fd1210d821c6a35b3a

Tom Trbojevic has used the off-season to put on weight, work on his game.

HE is Brett Stewart’s heir apparent and the reason losing Kiwi international Peta Hiku to Penrith in the off-season was an easier pill for Manly fans to swallow.

But boom teenager Tom Trbojevic is taking nothing for granted this season as he prepares to try and build on the glimpses of brilliance that produced eight tries in just nine games in the NRL in 2015.

With Hiku now a Panther, Trbojevic is a shoe-in to nail down a regular spot in Trent Barrett’s starting side on the wing but the youngster is unsure if the decision to release the Kiwi star represents a show of faith in him from the club.

It has simply been all about trying to improve his own game during the off-season and make an impression on the Eagles’ new coach Trent Barrett.

“Trent has told me what he wants from me and I guess I’ve taken that on board and I’ve tried to improve my game as much as I can,” he said.

Part of that improvement has come in the gym.

Already blessed with blistering pace, Trbojevic has added bulk to his lanky frame in a bid to compete with the game’s power wingers as he makes the fulltime transition from Holden Cup.

“I’ve been working with strength and conditioning coach Dan Ferris as much as I can to try and put on some weight,” he said.

“It’s tough to put weight on during the year so it’s been good in the break to try and gain some muscle mass.

“I’ve put on three or four kilos so it’s going good so far.”

Trbojevic is certain to be one of Manly’s star attractions in this weekend’s Auckland Nines, a tournament where he made a big impression last season despite feeling like “a nervous little kid” in amongst the game’s stars.

“It’s going to be a great experience and I really enjoyed it last year,” he said.

“I’m definitely embracing it differently. Heading over last year, I was a nervous little kid I guess but I’ve grown a fair bit from my experiences last year.

“It’s the first real trial we’ll get to impress the coaching staff so I’ll go out there and do my best. I can’t fault the way the club has been going. Trent has come in and has done an excellent job and we have all bought into what he has given us.”

It will be great to see him in action again, what a unique talent. And exciting to think it's only a few days till we see Manly players playing footy and scoring tries...we have survived the off-season, yay!

Any word on Tom T injury from the 9s? How is he?
There was a little segment on him on 9 news this week. Ankle was bandaged but reckons he'll be right in a week. Came across as very impressive and Weidler even tweeted something along the lines of what a wonderful young man he is.

No but while I've not had the pleasure of meeting Tom or Jake I have heard quite a number of comments from people who know them and their family. Apparently they are very genuine, down to earth and helpful. (Which not all budding sporting superstars are.)

There was a little segment on him on 9 news this week. Ankle was bandaged but reckons he'll be right in a week. Came across as very impressive and Weidler even tweeted something along the lines of what a wonderful young man he is.

I had much pleasure in meeting Tom and Jake today and both were very impressive. They're very friendly, polite and down-to-earth young men and I really enjoyed a chat with them. Both are having the week off and said they'd be right for next week.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6