Tough Run So Far

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
Just an observation that we seem to be getting a very tough draw so far this season. Round 1 was always going to be the least desirable matchup with the scum having a point to prove. We came up against a desperate Souffs who played their only good game of the season. We had to deal with a desperate Penriff, Canberra & Gold Coast and when we play the bonkos in a couple of weeks they will be desperate to avoid 3 straight losses. We were duped in the Nth Qld game and had to play the chooks in round 2 with what was essentially a reserve grade team.

We have a tough 4-5 weeks ahead against some of the top teams.

Look out if we get a good run in the 2nd half of the comp.

Agree the St merge ,Tigers & Bullpup games will give good indication but Boncos after origin will prob rest 3-5 players. Hope we smash them big time - will be at the game & hate seeing that fu##ed up horse doing laps of Suncorp!!

Is there such a thing as an easy run in the NRL? A team can tend to coast if there is a so called easy game, they're the ones we've dropped in the past.

How could we have a tough run when we have not played/beaten a top team yet. After we play st George, Broncos and the Dogs you will know about a hard run...

Totally agree we haven't had an easy run, however its far from tough given we haven't played boncs, Illawara St George or the Dirty Dogs. Once these games have been played we will have a clearer idea of how we are travelling. Although you cannot fault how we have been going so far.

I think we've had a great run. We've played a lot of the lower sides, and now will meet the top sides when they have their origin players out or backing up while we will be simply missing King.

Yes while we have played some "desperate" teams as you say - the reason why they were desperate was because they were playing awful and had no points. Would rather be playing those sorts of teams than good ones any day.

A Dragons fan I know has been stirring me saying all year we cant beat any team who is in the top 8 - and so far it has been pretty true ( other than the warriors who were running about 12th at the time we played them ) . Draw has been great for us.

Ralphie said:
Just an observation that we seem to be getting a very tough draw so far this season.

as much as i would like to agree on that i just can`t.. look at dogs played saints twice already played melbourne & broncs & then had 2 against souths but they won them.. & they are only 2 points behind us they lost those 4 games against the heavy weights.. now they have easier teams to play.. the ones that we have already ..

i was put in my place by a dogs supporter last night who was watching the game with me & actually bet we would win 13 +.. he was giving to me all game the wanka..
the only thing i agreed with him was what i wrote up there..

Rd11 Bye
Origin 1
Rd 12 Broncos (multiple players backing up or rested)
Rd 13 Dogs
Rd 14 Cowboys (no Thurston)
Origin 2
Rd 15 Eels
Rd 16 Dragons
Rd 17 bye
Origin 3
Rd 18 Rabbits

jjai said:
Ralphie said:
Just an observation that we seem to be getting a very tough draw so far this season.

as much as i would like to agree on that i just can`t.. look at dogs played saints twice already played melbourne & broncs & then had 2 against souths but they won them.. & they are only 2 points behind us they lost those 4 games against the heavy weights.. now they have easier teams to play.. the ones that we have already ..

i was put in my place by a dogs supporter last night who was watching the game with me & actually bet we would win 13 +.. he was giving to me all game the wanka..

I agree with that but the Dogs will not win against every team below them on the ladder due to some desperate teams wanting to make the 8. I still think we need alot of improvement from last nights game to compete with the top sides, as do the bulldogs.

torana355 said:
jjai said:
Ralphie said:

I agree with that but the Dogs will not win against every team below them on the ladder due to some desperate teams wanting to make the 8. I still think we need alot of improvement from last nights game to compete with the top sides, as do the bulldogs.
The point I was making was that we are meeting those teams at a time when their desperation makes them a tougher opposition than either earlier in their losing streak or after their season is a write off. We seem to be regularly meeting teams when they are desperate. Would you rather play a team that has lost only the week before or who has lost their last three and are desperate.

Ralphie said:
torana355 said:
jjai said:
Ralphie said:

The point I was making was that we are meeting those teams at a time when their desperation makes them a tougher opposition than either earlier in their losing streak or after their season is a write off. We seem to be regularly meeting teams when they are desperate. Would you rather play a team that has lost only the week before or who has lost their last three and are desperate.

depends on the team .. teams like melb & saints would be just as pissed for losing 1 as say teams who have just lost their last 3 or more.. they maybe desperate but if they havent rectified it in 5-7 games(raiders eels titans) they never will..
i know we did it in 09 have being down 2-8 from first 8 rounds managed 5th..
but thats us :p

jjai said:
Ralphie said:
torana355 said:
jjai said:
Ralphie said:

depends on the team .. teams like melb & saints would be just as pissed for losing 1 as say teams who have just lost their last 3 or more.. they maybe desperate but if they havent rectified it in 5-7 games(raiders eels titans) they never will..
i know we did it in 09 have being down 2-8 from first 8 rounds managed 5th..
but thats us :p

in round 9 we beat the broncos from memory with that infamous try by lyon.. the TORSO ground.. if they want to have it in the rule book we will use it :p
then we played TITANS and got ripped when orford was penalised for tripping, when he was actually going for the ball..:-/..sorry im drinking :D just remembered this sh*t thought i would add it :p

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8