1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tossbags

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Fro, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    List the biggest tossbags and why?

2. jjai

jjai Active Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    That was for your signature.. I like.. ;)[hr]
    Where on here??
    If on here , it would have to be that Jjai wanker, some of the **** he writes he should sit back & think about it before posting :s :dodgy: ..& dont get me going on the punctuation geez. Capitals rarely used.
    :p

3. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    People who post random bull**** in the Rugby league Forum?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    yeah i hate that Shane, dont you?

5. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,351 / 111
    Is that a question or a demand?

6. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    4 replies and not 1 mention.

I feel ashamed

7. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Your description of her as "dear old Nan" in your signature suggests you saw eye-to-eye with her Fro. How sweet.

No arguments with her then?

8. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    hate is bred from jealousy,its a shane ur jealous

9. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    I dont hate you Shane.

more pity.

10. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    sounds like a love affair sweetums

11. eagle-rock08

eagle-rock08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    Peaple whoo aare sso annulll thaat theey corrrect everry speling misstake theyy seea onne thiss forumn.

And then abuse people who misspelt a name or two such as Kensian economics as opposed to Keynsian economics. Just because they were extreemly busy at work while making a quick point and didn't have time to make sure the spelling was 100% correct correct (I remember).

12. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +555 / 10
    Fluffy.

..........and anyone from Queensland, the western suburbs or the Central Coast.

13. codewana

codewana Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    You're thinking about it the wrong way. I don't think it necessarily bothers people when someone doesn't spell correctly, but it has to have an effect on how credible you believe someone's point/post is if they can't do one of the most basic things in language and put a coherent sentence together. To me, its more out of respect to myself (and the point I'm making) as well as to the readers of what I am writing that I try to use grammar and spelling correctly.

Even if you take the credibility and respect arguments away, simple (and common) spelling errors like they're/there/their and to/two/too and your/you're not only make someone look unintelligent, but also affect the meaning of what the person is trying to say. The other day someone posted about a banner for the lol@50uths game and said something along the lines of "The Bunnies concede penalised too, refs", but wrote it "The Bunnies concede penalties to refs". There is a big difference in what those two phrases mean, and it can sometimes be confusing and misleading if the wrong spelling or poor grammar are displayed.

Everyone makes typos, but unless you're dyslexic, the word "what" is never spelt 'wot' - that's just laziness and demonstrates a lack of respect to your readers.

/rant[hr]
    http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-LOL-50uff?page=3

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-NSW-Selectors-Coach?highlight=wot

14. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    Haha I recall a classic thread on the old mwse where you (then known I believe as' codeman') were correcting someone for using text message abbreviations and they replied 'You call yourself a codeman but you can't even understand the most basic code made of simple abbreviations!' or something along those lines. I burst out laughing when I read that. One of those moments that makes reading the forum worthwhile, really :)

• Like Like x 4
  15. codewana

codewana Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    I don't remember that, but it sounds funny. 'lol' :p

16. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
    Yeah it was! On the spelling nazi issue, I'm not too fussed, but agree slack use of language can make the poster appear to be an idiot and also make it hard to understand at times.

My pet hate is solid blocks of text. May as well just post a photo of a brick as far as I'm concerned. I guess my attention span is limited when it comes to perusing forum posts.

17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    This thread would be much more entertaining as a top 10 style slideshow/list. David Letterman thinks so anyway.

18. SeaEagleRock8

Ratings:
    +6,799 / 122
  19. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Expect to see Princess burst through that any minute.

20. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    That's a very poorly made brick wall. Just look at the concrete holding those very ugly bricks together. No tradesman made that.