Top 8?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can't see enough of the teams above us on the ladder from 2016 dropping back and I see a few teams that finished below or around us in 2016 definitely improving. That said, we should do slightly better than 2016 in 2017 and even though we wont make the 8 we will be more competitive and it will be more "heartening" to watch this team. We'll finish between 12th to 10th ..... 2018 is when we'll start to see the resurgence of the mighty Manly Sea Eagles. By 2018 Barrett and Cartwright will be gone, we'll have the cap space from Matai and Stewart to buy some quality and some of the young guys we have bought now will have had another season of NRL under their belt. Who knows, we may even have been lucky enough to have sold off that sh*t stain wearing our jersey Myles to some sucker in Super League.
Agreed.. I cannot see us making the 8. Too many teams building with excellent rosters or established sides that are just locks for the 8. Remember we will still have some fringe players/relative newbies in our starting 17 next year. U have Melb, Cows, Broncs, Panthers, Sharks, Raiders, Rabbits, Roosters, Eels and probably Doggies all in the mix for the 8. That's a lot of teams with a better squad on paper. The ONLY way we could possibly make the 8 is if we really capitalize on all those home games for the first 10 odd rounds and are sitting top 4 at that point. Factor in the probable loss of the Turbos + Walker for Origin and its a tough back end of the year. But gee I'd be stoked if I was proven wrong.. But that would mean Trent & Hoss keep their gigs.. Hmm roll on 2018!!!

Last edited:
Agreed.. I cannot see us making the 8. Too many teams building with excellent rosters or established sides that are just locks for the 8. Remember we will still have some fringe players/relative newbies in our starting 17 next year. U have Melb, Cows, Broncs, Panthers, Sharks, Raiders, Rabbits, Roosters, Eels and probably Doggies all in the mix for the 8. That's a lot of teams with a better squad on paper. The ONLY way we could possibly make the 8 is if we really capitalize on all those home games for the first 10 odd rounds and are sitting top 4 at that point. Factor in the probable loss of the Turbos + Walker for Origin and its a tough back end of the year. But gee I'd be stoked if I was proven wrong.. But that would mean Trent & Hoss keep their gigs.. Hmm roll on 2018!!!
Broncs/Cows and Sharks (and maybe dogs) could struggle next year. Broncos lack go forward in a big way. Cows senior players in JT and Scott are getting long in the tooth and with Tamou leaving/Hannant retiring, they may struggle too. Although Tamaolo is a freak. Sharks without Ennis and with GF hangover, oldies in Gallen and Lewis, can't see them being too competitive. They also have heaps of talent off contract in '18 so expect that to be a distraction for them (ps i hope we sign Jack Bird) and the dogs.. well.. they havent recruited the best this offseason. Lots of unhappy campers out belmore way. Things will improve for Manly for many reasons as many of us have already pointed out.

So the NRL draw has been released which I'm pretty happy with it apart from eels and Broncos getting the perfect draws. But after having a look I think we will be in the usual log jam about 7th to 10th if we win the games we should and we will make the 8 on for and against or we jag some wins that aren't expected. I think we will be 8th come September, 7th if we play really well and probably 10th if we don't win 2 or 3 of those probable wins. I'm pretty sure we will be in the log jam though but 8th is my prediction. What's everyone's else's thoughts on our top 8/finals prospects.
Mate I'm hoping we'll win the premiership . Anything less than that will be a disappointment .

I really believe many are basing too much on a Claytons season of 2016...really can't judge much from it due to the injuries, new combinations and structures with wishy, washy players in key positions dulling the attack....
No real idea till about round 10 but based on potential, this is a Top 8 side....certainly earned the "under the radar" tag again and will surprise most imo.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8