Tooves gone from 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Personally I hope the team goes on an absolute tear and doesn't lose a game for the rest of the year......including winning the damn premiership.

I think we all want that anyway, but now we also want it to shove it right up the Penn's, Zorba and Joe Kelly. And to send Tooves out as he deserves.

That would be pretty amazing if that happened.

ZtH is a particularly repulsive slug isn't he? Imagine having that sweating over you ladies!

Coupled with that high-pitched, whiny voice, you have a scheming, ageing eunuch, straight out of Ridley Scott biblical epic.
:sick:You'll give me nightmares.

Toovey made the right call on G.Stewart. Stewart is a has-been, just like Watmough. He is not the player he was even two years ago, let alone the 2011 version.
It was possibly the right call from a playing perspective, but was it actually tooves' call?? If quantum were intent on not signing him and told tooves not to, then I think it is wrong for the new majority owners to take revenge on tooves.

If Toovey can handle this development with dignity then all of you can aswell.

I agree and as we've seen, Tooves is someone who loves Manly no matter who 'owns' it and won't ever publicly $hit on the club. And besides, there is nothing to be gained be going off his face about it.

Us supporters on the other hand don't have the same constraints Tooves is under as the coach and we can vent our anger about how he has been treated by the Penn's.

After watching Nathan Brown on Sterlo, Thank god we didn't hire him. He is still an absolute muppet. It's obvious that he wants a gig with an NRL club but nobody wants him. He tried to imply that he was never interested in the Manly job and we probably weren't interested in him. You got that right Brownie we dont want you anywhere near the place. Got a feeling Barrett isn't a big fan of his either after the slap.

You went way overboard, simple as that. Talking about libel and slander...please Ryan, be a little introspective before you flame off. I come here generally twice a week for a Manly fix. That's all

Stop talking out your ass mate. LOL, it's like herding cats with you two.

You supported an idiot who threatens to meet someone behind the dunnies for a knuckle at the ripe old age of 50 over a rugby league forum, someone who calls fellow posters wankers & all sorts of other tropical names, has a go at them about their jobs etc etc etc, which places you in exactly the same moronic box. But you'd probably struggle to comprehend that unless in pictoral format.

I actually think you are one in the same person tbh. If you think me having a go at someone for having a dig is over the top, then you need some serious social skills. You two completely lack respect, courtesy and conversation ability. This is why I reply to you in kind. You get what you give "wombat".

Oh, and I just wait with baited breath for your bi-weekly appearance.

There's a thread on the kennel comparing Tooves record with Haslers over the last 4 years and strangely enough the winning percentage of both is 58 percent. I actually didn't realise that I would have thought Des had a better record than that.

There's the two views being debated: One that Des should be sacked and the other that Tooves inherited a great roster and Des inherited a poor roster.

Geoff Toovey is the reason I support Manly so you can imagine how I am feeling about all of this.

I was 5 years old and Tooves was leading the troops into battle against the Broncos in the 4v5 semi-final in 1994. I was new to RL and had just got the itch. I saw this little blonde haired warrior no bigger than the corner posts at each end. He hit like a mack truck and ran into traffic like self preservation was the last thing on his mind.

I saw something in the bloke even as a 5 year old and knew that Manly was my team. The next three years were wonderful learning the rules of the game and I can vividly remember a dejected Toovey giving the "runner up" speech at the end of the 95' GF. He was genuinely devastated and as a young boy, naturally I cried with him; kids are so passionate!

The years went on and I watched him tick every box in the game. I love him like he is my father and I have never had the privilege of meeting the man. It's a bit like your favourite actor or your favourite musician; you idolise them and you put them up on a pedestal...and at 5ft1 lord knows Toovey needs one!

Geoff Toovey is the reason I support Manly so you can imagine how I am feeling about all of this.

I was 5 years old and Tooves was leading the troops into battle against the Broncos in the 4v5 semi-final in 1994. I was new to RL and had just got the itch. I saw this little blonde haired warrior no bigger than the corner posts at each end. He hit like a mack truck and ran into traffic like self preservation was the last thing on his mind.

I saw something in the bloke even as a 5 year old and knew that Manly was my team. The next three years were wonderful learning the rules of the game and I can vividly remember a dejected Toovey giving the "runner up" speech at the end of the 95' GF. He was genuinely devastated and as a young boy, naturally I cried with him; kids are so passionate!

The years went on and I watched him tick every box in the game. I love him like he is my father and I have never had the privilege of meeting the man. It's a bit like your favourite actor or your favourite musician; you idolise them and you put them up on a pedestal...and at 5ft1 lord knows Toovey needs one!

I know how you feel mate. I felt the same with Paul Stastny in the Ice Hockey. Had 5 of his jerseys, and BOOM, gone - so I feel for you bro. It's actually like a part of you has gone missing. Stick with it mate...hopefully another comes along that gives you the same feeling...4 turbo brothers coming through :)

Sorry, Terry I have to disagree. Even if his form at Souths hasnt been that good, his departure tore a huge hole in our side and subsiquently still haunts us even today.
I do remember during his negotiations, that the nrl would not register or consider a contract that was less than market value, and we couldn't afford that at the time then we. were told no offer was made, so I don't know why or who made this so significant

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
It's been a bit challenging reading these postings. The emotions are raw and powerful. They've come from deep divisions within this mighty club. We are grieving for the loss of Toovey, but also partly for a loss of culture.

And if we are to move forward, we need to find a way to again move forward in the same direction.

Arko had an uncanny knack of being able to get everyone moving forward in the same direction. I suspect this was related to his unrelenting positivity. He didn't point the finger at others, didn't blame them, always built people up publicly, always spoke carefully and in unifying ways. He was decisive, but also sensitive.

At the opposite extreme, we quickly identify Lil Wayne (or Mavin or DBK or whatever he calls himself this week, or until the next computer crash) as a troll. Why? Mostly, I don't think it's because of his views. It's because of his tone and undercurrent of divisiveness. He seeks to divide. He seeks to cause harm. His sheep clothing doesn't hide his hatred of everything Manly.

I'd like to think that all leaders of this great club (and maybe that's all of us?) can eventually find a unified pathway forward, and not be continually drawn down a pathway of division.

Love the passion in these posts in calling bull**** on the so-called heavy heart of Penn in shafting Tooves. The Sea Eagles twitter feed has become a propaganda machine for the Penns/Zorba. Latest tweet attaches a Manly Daily article where Arko says he 'appreciates' the decision to sack Tooves. As far as I'm concerned, Bozo and Arko should hang their heads in shame for supporting these muppets! A club should be judged on how it treats its own club legends. When you have arguably two of the biggest club legends in Arko and Bozo supporting the vindictive purge of a fellow legend in Tooves, the club and its fans are all diminished. I'm absolutely farkin filthy!

I think it is wrong for the new majority owners to take revenge on tooves.

Unfortunately Tooves is the fall guy. The sad thing is that all he was really doing with not offering Gifty a contract was taking orders from those who were the majority owners at the time. I still think that if it was left up to Tooves, Gift would have got a contract and would still be here.

Love the passion in these posts in calling bull**** on the so-called heavy heart of Penn in shafting Tooves. The Sea Eagles twitter feed has become a propaganda machine for the Penns/Zorba. Latest tweet attaches a Manly Daily article where Arko says he 'appreciates' the decision to sack Tooves. As far as I'm concerned, Bozo and Arko should hang their heads in shame for supporting these muppets! A club should be judged on how it treats its own club legends. When you have arguably two of the biggest club legends in Arko and Bozo supporting the vindictive purge of a fellow legend in Tooves, the club and its fans are all diminished. I'm absolutely farkin filthy!
Methinks you read a lot more into Arko's comments than I. To me Arko is taking the pragmatic stance that Penn owns the club, pays the bills, and has the right to choose who he wants as coach. The same power as you and I would wield if we owned the club. We may choose our coaches differently to Penn, but it would be our responsibility, even duty, to choose who we think would be best for the position.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8