Tooves and Choc

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
There's nothing like the Authentic blood of past Manly legends getting involved with the club , even at junior levels.
The great Tooves and Army of 1 Choc are back to help breath that winning culture to the youth, who are lucky enough to be helped along by genuine Champions like these 2 blokes.
Personally I love it and reckon the youngsters will thrive under the guidance of proven Premiership Winners.
It seemed a longshot that Choc would ever be back, but love or hate him he was the main benificiary of the Ben Kennedy era and turned into the "ultimate competitor" which we really lack bar the obvious few we have currently - personally I really like the bloke and had regular contact with him till he went to Eels....but embrace he is back where he belongs.
Tooves, well he is pound for pound the toughest bloke I recall in the NRL and there are many opposition players including Paul Harrigan who agree.
Anyways, the point is, this is the exact direction needed moving forward as we seemed to have lost our DNA and identity in recent years.....but hopefully even at grass roots level this is the Perfect way to start Winning it back !!

There's nothing like the Authentic blood of past Manly legends getting involved with the club , even at junior levels.
The great Tooves and Army of 1 Choc are back to help breath that winning culture to the youth, who are lucky enough to be helped along by genuine Champions like these 2 blokes.
Personally I love it and reckon the youngsters will thrive under the guidance of proven Premiership Winners.
It seemed a longshot that Choc would ever be back, but love or hate him he was the main benificiary of the Ben Kennedy era and turned into the "ultimate competitor" which we really lack bar the obvious few we have currently - personally I really like the bloke and had regular contact with him till he went to Eels....but embrace he is back where he belongs.
Tooves, well he is pound for pound the toughest bloke I recall in the NRL and there are many opposition players including Paul Harrigan who agree.
Anyways, the point is, this is the exact direction needed moving forward as we seemed to have lost our DNA and identity in recent years.....but hopefully even at grass roots level this is the Perfect way to start Winning it back !!

Spot on mate.

Both absolute legends. Both absolute MANLY legends. Choc gave up plenty to remain at this club, and to accommodate many others staying. I wish he got paid HEAPS more respect.

I'm loving the Manly DNA being slivered through the entire community.

Great stuff Manly.

And dont forget about Orford and Snake coaching some of the junior teams.
Some of the kids in this teams earliest memories would have been watching these players win premierships.
True, also Graham Eadie's son's taking on assistant Coach and team manager of our Harold Matthews side. Also, Jamie Buhrer, Solomon Haumono, Martin Meredith's son Jordan Meredith all involved also. Getting all these guys together for season 2024 can only be a big plus for us going forward.

You can't be a true Manly fan and not be happy to see past champions return to the fold- this thread together with Top End's thread have made my day.

But on a more serious level, having past players involved with the club, some in a vocational sense, shows the current squad and NRL players in general that we are more than capable of "looking after own"- something I would think would be a big drawcard when looking to attract new players.

Authentic Passionate Perspective time.....

Nothing like Holding on to our Winning tradition and having Manly Winners involved in our club

Manly Champions like Toovey and Choc should also be involved in breathing life back into the culture at Manly NRL level that has been lacking resilience

Those that know the Passionate Toovey would also know about his desire to be given the opportunity to set 4 Pines park on fire .

As far as Authentic Manly Passion goes Seibold and Mestrov are Passive compared to the Authentic premiership Winning bloodline of Toovey whos Manly Premiership Winning Pedigree Proudly resonates Manly Peoples Spirits like All Manly Champions do

Manly Grand final Winning player and Grand final Coach Contender
The Authentic and passionate Geoff Toovey
Who results in a results driven business stand out like Eagles Rising
1701461537389.png

Last edited:
The old saying goes.

The Penn is mightier than the sword and in this instance a word of warning.

Didn't Choc sue Manly? Whatever happened with that? Bad blood must still be coarsing around Scotty 2 potties body wouldn't you think? Mr Penn seems a bit of a grudge holder.

Choc would have been the 2nd last old boy welcomed back by our less than wonderful owner right behind Des I would have thought but here he is. I wonder for how long?

I love having past legends back at the club... but, I also have to ask if these kids they are working with really know who they are???

I love having past legends back at the club... but, I also have to ask if these kids they are working with really know who they are???
That's a fair call, but young players today still know of the great Bob Fulton rated best player of all time from 50 years ago, so any young player should feel blessed to have any Manly player from a premiership winning team help their progress....and I reckon they will

That's a fair call, but young players today still know of the great Bob Fulton rated best player of all time from 50 years ago, so any young player should feel blessed to have any Manly player from a premiership winning team help their progress....and I reckon they will
To be fair, I think these legends mean a lot more to us than the latest generation. I'm pretty sure most kids have very little idea who they are, though may bask in the 5 minutes of hype with pics being taken.

To be fair, I think these legends mean a lot more to us than the latest generation. I'm pretty sure most kids have very little idea who they are, though may bask in the 5 minutes of hype with pics being taken.
Even if that’s the case, these guys have been a part of a very successful generation of Manly winning culture. If they can instil some of those values onto the next generation then it’s a win for the club

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8