Too Funny Robinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
36208_20_1.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ_Mt7Zm5hM

maxta said:
BUT what really p**sed me off was claiming Hargreaves tackle was ok because it was not a shoulder charge....well lets explain the rules....if the shoulder contacts the head which it did to take Stewart out of the game, its NOT a fair contact.

Maria wasn't put on report for a shoulder charge, he was put on report for high contact....which is exactly what it was. Robinson needs to accept he is not going to get Shayne Hayne refereeing all his games.

Robinson (like the Roosters team) are starting to realize the pressure that comes with being reigning premiers. The expectations are super high, especially when you lose only Luke O'Donnell from last year. Every loss starts to grate on your supporters, who are really believing that they are going to go back to back.

It's not in a premiership winning year that the character of the coach (or team) is shown. It's in the adversity, it's in the low periods. Like the start of 09 for us (6 losses in 8 games), or when we nearly went under in the early 2000s.

And the Roosters will be smacked come Origin, Pearce, Maloney, Cordner and Jennings. Time to earn the title of the Greatest Coach in the History of the Universe Robbo!!

I heard an interview with him this morning

At the start he said this was about who won last night as Manly were the better team and they deserved to win (he gave a few wraps to players and highlighted how well we did post Glenn)

He then went onto say the issue he had was with the ref's "coaching" manly players - and gave a couple of specific examples (one with ballin and hand on the ball)

His point was that his team was penalised for this and Manly, in his view, were coached to avoid it

Got to be honest, if that was the case, then he has every right to be upset. It is another example of inconsistency

The irony of a Coach who won a Premuership due only to irrefutable Refereeing mistakes :dodgy:

He was also honoured that the Pinkos named their illegal penalty balancing actions after him - Trent :sleepy:

They've moved right up the grub club/coach list.
1. Dogs
4.Storm
5. Rorters
6. Rabbits

..... = daylight

When I saw Maria's hit on Gifty on TV my first thought was that it was a badly mistimed swinging arm. Replays confirmed that IMO and regardless that his shoulder hit Gifty in the head, Maria clearly went in with the intent to hit high, he just mistimed it. If he doesn't get at least 3-4 weeks considering his record then there is something wrong, especially considering Kingy got suspended for a week for a completely nothing incident..

As for Robinson.....he was happy to take biased reffing in the GF wasn't he, but when the boots on the other foot its suddenly unacceptable. Maybe if his team was a bit more disciplined they wouldn't get penalised so much.

At least he acknowledged that Manly were the better team last night.

Our win over Souffs was gutsy. Last night was even more so.

lsz said:

At the start he said this was about who won last night as Manly were the better team and they deserved to win (he gave a few wraps to players and highlighted how well we did post Glenn)

He then went onto say the issue he had was with the ref's "coaching" manly players - and gave a couple of specific examples (one with ballin and hand on the ball)

His point was that his team was penalised for this and Manly, in his view, were coached to avoid it

Got to be honest, if that was the case, then he has every right to be upset. It is another example of inconsistency

FPN or Sam Mia was told to next time play the ball properly. He questioned the ref who said something like nah the last one. So it goes both ways.

lsz said:

The last couple of week's I have heard the referee's saying to JWH "play it with your foot". Perhaps Trent would be better off coaching his own side in the basics (U7's stuff) rather than hoping the ref's will. Roosters have given away 39 penalties in the last 4 games at an average of a penalty every 8 minutes. In last year's GF they went 66 minutes without giving a penalty. Robinson should be thankful that he had a lucky night courtesy of Shane Hayne and get back to coaching a very overrated side. Friend, Maloney & Pearce very ordinary when they start looking at JWH's and Moa's quick "tunnell ball" play the balls.

The Roosters had a good season last year but it's clearly gone to their head. Some of the crap coming out of Robinson's mouth was hard to believe. At halftime he said they would come over the top and win in the final 20mins. He said it as though, there was no other possible outcome. Then during the presser, all that rubbish about how his players don't stay down and play for penalties… BS! That's just arrogance.

Last year, the Roosters were just 1 of probably 4-5 teams in the mix that actually had a realistic chance of winning (by the time the finals came around). Then with the Rabbits sucking most of that oxygen, the Roosters were able to fly under the radar a bit. They were also hungry after such a long time since their last title.

This year as Premiers, all of the media attention is focused on them. Their tendency to hold down in the ruck has been highlighted and the refs feel almost obliged to penalise them. On top of this, they are quickly realising every week is a battle, as everyone loves a shot at the Premiers.

**** off Sunday footy show. Fittler the Rooster apologist whinging about the penalties and disecting it all. WHERE'S THE DISECTION OF THE 2013 GRAND FINAL REF FIASCO YOU ******* HYPOCRITES.

Not one mention of Manly's outstanding effort, missing key players, down to 16 for 60 minutes. Sterling,Fittler,Lockyer,Crawly go climb under a rock. you wankers.

Not one mention of Manly's outstanding effort, missing key players, down to 16 for 60 minutes. Sterling,Fittler,Lockyer,Crawly go climb under a rock. you wankers.

What a croaker. He also said on Ch9 at half time on Friday night that the Rorters would come over the top of Manly in the last 20 minutes. Can only guess he believes that is how they won the 2013 grand final. He forgot they got every call go their way for the last 30 minutes.

Fittler looked like an absolute idiot trying to pick out the inconsistencies in refereeing and said you couldn't tackle a player in the air. Had to backtrack and apologise later.

lsz said:

I doubt it's true. You would think there are examples of the refs coaching the Roosters too if the whole tape as played back. As for the examples cited of where Roosters should have received penalties and didn't, there are also plenty where Manly should have got penalties and didn't.

Fittler is a tool who should never have been allowed near a microphone. Seriously, the Rorters could win the penalty count and he'd still complain. As I've said, maybe if that mob had more discipline they might not give away so many cheap penalties.

Fact is the Rorters were out played on Friday night. And the incumbent NSW halves combination were shown up for what they really are (did Baloney play? He definitely didn't do much). Maria was also shown for what he really is. A thug.

And as for Robinson claiming the refs were 'coaching' Manly out there, that happens in every game with every team and isn't something that suddenly started happening on Friday night. I've lost count of the amount of times the mics pic up the refs telling players how to pack into a scrum over the past 15 years.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6