Tonights Thoughts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
WOW !!!
Manly came to play
the Defence was outstanding and is really getting to the brick wall standard that Bozo was noted for in his time as coach
every single player had a real go with Glenn Stewart as my vote as the best out there Followed closely by Lyon and Kite
Loved the early big shots on Kearney not once but 4 times
another player that has made such a difference is Matai, the kid is really improving every week

Stats
Cronulla in Brackets
Errors: 8 (14)
Completions: 34/40 (26/38)
Penalties: 6 (11)
Scrums: 7 (6)
Tackles: 254 (336)
1 on 1 Tackles: 18 (35)
Missed Tackles: 29 (45)
Line Breaks: 5 (0)
Offloads: 4 (16)
Runs: 168 (153)
Runs Metres: 1262m (1041m)
Try Assists: 2 (1)
40/20s: 0 (0)
Line Dropouts: 0 (3)

Completion rate is what is making Manly such a force this season

Pretty comprehensive performance, not a bad player out there. Got a little sloppy late in second half but it was all over by then. The first 20 minutes won it for us, they just took it to the Flakes and showed them we mean business, they wilted under the pressure and then gave up.

I thought that was our best, most controlled performance all year. Plenty of intensity and everyone really put in. If we play like that every week we'll be hard to stop this year.

The best moment for me was up 34-6 with about 6 minutes to go and King desperatly dives on the loose ball first game back.

Its all in the attitude and that said plenty to me

Hats off to the Manly crowd who attended. Heard the "Manly" chant throughout the game & even heard them singing "Eagle Rock" at one stage.

Yeah it was a great win all round our hard hitting defence was awesome the fish fingers had no answer for it.

Well done Manly what do we have to do before people see us as the real deal ??

eagle_predator link said:
Well done Manly what do we have to do before people see us as the real deal ??

Probably take down Melbourne in the game at Brookie in round 22 & then again in the GF Replay.

Jethro link said:
Hats off to the Manly crowd who attended. Heard the \"Manly\" chant throughout the game & even heard them singing \"Eagle Rock\" at one stage.
yeah we got a good size group together and the chants barely stopped. Vidmar lead off the eagle rock a couple of times, everyone got into it.

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=177848.msg189698#msg189698 date=1215866767]
Hats off to the Manly crowd who attended. Heard the \"Manly\" chant throughout the game & even heard them singing \"Eagle Rock\" at one stage.
yeah we got a good size group together and the chants barely stopped. Vidmar lead off the eagle rock a couple of times, everyone got into it.
[/quote]

I tips me hat to you all! Well done.

It was magic to be there.  No blinding rain or freezing wind.  The boys were up for this and the die-hards were in full throat. 

Fluffy link said:
and now have a sore throat a brewing

and now you'll have to have a brew or two or more to numb it down.

Cronulla defence

Down_Pillows.jpg

798242_pink_and_white_marshmallows.jpg

23030810.jpg

LOL BE - well done to all that made the trip down - it looked good on TV.

For me I watched it in the safety of the Leagues Club.

My thoughts on the game are simple;

1.  Proven now that Willo beyond a shadow of doubt is a waste (just hope des sees that as well), Cuthbo had a great game starting
2. Ballin is starting show how good he is - Monas who I hear people saying
3.  Perry & Kite best props in NRL
4. Glen Stewart a blinder
5. Lyon is twice the player he was last year
6. Matai is invaluable to us

Looking forward to Friday night, should be a big crowd weather permitting - no game at brookie for a while and a towelling of the EELs should bring everyone out from the closet

Great performance

He will never get the credit he deserves for it, but ****, Lyon has come on massively this season at 5/8. He seems to have really found the role the past couple of months, and i especially love some of the subtlety he has in his game, summed up best by the ball he put on for Stewart's 2nd try.

Loved how early on we smashed Kearney every time he brought it back, Matai started it, then Ox and Glenn followed it up and really sent a message out.

Was hoping we would really go on with the match, but the ref made sure that didn't happen, absolutely rode them for the last hour of the match

Another guy that doesn't get the massive credit in the media, but is playing brilliantly, is Glenn Stewart. I think a very strong case could be put forward that over the past month he is the form player of the comp

Agree about ref - as soon as it got to 22 to 0 it looked as though he wanted to even it up a bit

The Wheel link said:
Agree about ref - as soon as it got to 22 to 0 it looked as though he wanted to even it up a bit

Exactly & it happens far too many times to us.

Seeing Ox put a hit on a player a foot taller than him that clearly rattled Kearney was awesome, a huge hit.

That dominance int he first half was incredible, the only try sharks got was on the back of one of the most dubious penalties I have seen even with some of our recent bad calls.!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8