Tommy Talau

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

The Insomniac

Reserve Grader
Someone needs to council Tom about running hard. On Friday night once he took the intercept he ran about 3 quarter pace to the line meaning he didn't get the ball close to the posts for an easier conversion for Ruben. Ruben then missed the conversion. That extra 2 would have been handy in the end. It's the small 1 % things that matter sometimes.
Gee, looks like Tommy's learnt his lesson. Moved well to score nearer the posts. Result : extra 2 points garenteed. Your welcome !

danny-boy

Reserve Grader
I was screaming at the top of my lungs when Tommy got picked on the wing for his debut.

One of the posters here came back at me with unfavourable Wests Tigers stats and that Garrick deserved a chance at centre. I argued back but it fell on deaf ears.

I’m glad Tommy has proved us believers right. Always knew he was a gun centre.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Maybe, but that would require Garrick to pass the ball which I’m not convinced he knows how to do. It’s not like Tom can’t play in support from centre as he’s done in the past for NSW too

Anyway the good thing is Koula will be there for the next 6-8 weeks so we’ll get a pretty good sample size into whether he is a better option for us at fullback. And for his first game there this year, against a quality opposition I think he was very impressive and will only get better
I’m looking forward to seeing Koula at FB. I think he gets stifled at centre a bit. I’d like to see him blast through the middle with the inside/outside play. DCE back to Jake, Jake to Koula hitting the ball at top speed.

Off topic a bit here, but there is some real speedsters in the NRL atm. Why (unless you’re in the GF) can’t they bring back the sprint races at the GF. I’d probably go with the hammer, but it’d be a tight fit, especially with Koula, Saab, Simonsen, Reece, Mariner, just for starters.
I know it won’t happen, but that was great to watch back in the olden times. :clap:

spider

He certainly does not....yet.

Like what Tommy has brought this year but lets not get ahead of ourselves. He is signed till the end of next year so cant speak to anyone till Nov 1st.

Rushing and jumping at shadows has cost as before, lets see how his form plays out.
Disco I think he's enjoying his football at Manly and it's shows in the way he's playing. Tommy never won so many games in a season.
I believe if he stay in the centres he can get even better just not sure that to do with Turbo if they want to keep Garrick at centre as well.

Last edited:

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Disco I think he's enjoying his football at Manly and it's shows in the way he's playing. Tommy never won so many games in a season.
I believe if he stay in the centres he can get even better just not sure that to do with Turbo if they want to keep Garrick at centre as well.
I saw a FB vid from a Manly fan on the fence that had Tommy and Aloia together. Tommy had a smile from ear to ear, and was so appreciative of the fans support. And it was probably Aloias best game for a while, so he was chuffed too.

As the song goes, "let the good times roll".

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I agree he looks to be enjoying his footy, seems to be in shape and is playing well.

Just dont think we need to rush to extend.

Can have chats in Sept/Oct

manly al

First Grader
I’m looking forward to seeing Koula at FB. I think he gets stifled at centre a bit. I’d like to see him blast through the middle with the inside/outside play. DCE back to Jake, Jake to Koula hitting the ball at top speed.

Off topic a bit here, but there is some real speedsters in the NRL atm. Why (unless you’re in the GF) can’t they bring back the sprint races at the GF. I’d probably go with the hammer, but it’d be a tight fit, especially with Koula, Saab, Simonsen, Reece, Mariner, just for starters.
I know it won’t happen, but that was great to watch back in the olden times. :clap:
Reckon that Garrick would be right up there too , seemed to outstay the Haamer a couple of seasons ago for a try at Brookie one Friday night .
Walsh is greased lightning over a short distance but Saab and Koula over the 100 m would take some beating

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 6 -39 14