Tommy Talau

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Eagle 1

First Grader
He has definitely got centre while Tommy is injured.
Surely over the next 4 games, it will show who actually is the better centre. Garrick or Talau.

Whoever that is should be one centre and the other is Koula.
Agree, Tommy stays at FB for mine. Koula has that dropped ball in him, one dropped ball for the season is acceptable but one every 2 games isn't. He made some good darts but no clean breaks unfortunately. Koula is just getting monsterd and roughed up at the back and fear an injury isnt to far away.

Pepi

Bencher
Agree, Tommy stays at FB for mine. Koula has that dropped ball in him, one dropped ball for the season is acceptable but one every 2 games isn't. He made some good darts but no clean breaks unfortunately. Koula is just getting monsterd and roughed up at the back and fear an injury isnt to far away.
Respect your opinion but I didn't see much self preservation from Koula. He was a breath of fresh air at the back and better than what we'd seen from Turbo over the past few weeks.

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
Mate Tommy was dropping more balls than anyone before his injury. Wouldn’t even get off the ground on most kicks to him and that’s not including the random clean dropped balls from him when we were on the attack. Didn’t see Tommy making any ‘clean breaks’ either whereas Koula at least looked lively and interested in the game which we weren’t seeing from Tom.

I’m with the guy a few posts up - Koula Garrick Talau Turbo Saab as our backline. Vaega first choice replacement and Paulo shot off into the sun

Eagle 1

First Grader
Mate Tommy was dropping more balls than anyone before his injury. Wouldn’t even get off the ground on most kicks to him and that’s not including the random clean dropped balls from him when we were on the attack. Didn’t see Tommy making any ‘clean breaks’ either whereas Koula at least looked lively and interested in the game which we weren’t seeing from Tom.

I’m with the guy a few posts up - Koula Garrick Talau Turbo Saab as our backline. Vaega first choice replacement and Paulo shot off into the sun
Respect your opinion, but don't see it that way. Tom gives us more attacking options from FB that Koula can't give. Pretty sure Tom would of loomed up alongside Garrick to call for the ball and score the match winning try.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Respect your opinion, but don't see it that way. Tom gives us more attacking options from FB that Koula can't give. Pretty sure Tom would of loomed up alongside Garrick to call for the ball and score the match winning try.
Possibly, he also possibly may have let one or two in... we will never know

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
Respect your opinion, but don't see it that way. Tom gives us more attacking options from FB that Koula can't give. Pretty sure Tom would have loomed up alongside Garrick to call for the ball and score the match winning try.
Maybe, but that would require Garrick to pass the ball which I’m not convinced he knows how to do. It’s not like Tom can’t play in support from centre as he’s done in the past for NSW too

Anyway the good thing is Koula will be there for the next 6-8 weeks so we’ll get a pretty good sample size into whether he is a better option for us at fullback. And for his first game there this year, against a quality opposition I think he was very impressive and will only get better

tommy talau must be our most underated player at the club at the moment

both talau and garrick play pretty similar in the centres by both being good runners of the footy and can run good lines but both struggle with executing slick catch and pass movements. the next 6 weeks will show us who deserves that centre spot more when tommy comes back and koula back to centre

what we have been lacking lately, this season is that final pass or a winger that can finish, reuben and saab as our first choice wingers can solve a lot of those problems if they play in their right positions. talau and paulo look out of position at times on the wing and often are the difference between us scoring or not.

my smokey call would be that if reuben garrick plays on the wing for manly he will be the other NSW winger, his competition is only really lomax (has errors) and sualii (leaving rugby league) - he's a great finisher, big enough to take carries out of own end, great in the air, has exceptional attacking positioning and aggressive when he needs to. the only reason why manly fans don't like him currently is that his pass selection has been off and his defensive reads at centre. When he plays wing he was a great defensive winger and doesn't need to pass.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
As opposed to Turbo, who has been out-jumped by two midgets this season, and dropped passes cold numerous times… but you’re only looking at one dropped spiral punt for Koula?

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Trouble is HK, those dropped balls on our red zone usually lead to trys being scored against us on the next set on our line.
And the two times Turbo was out-jumped by midgets in our red zone, lead to tries. And the numerous times he hasn’t been there to compete for a bomb or cover defend, leading to tries…

I agree, there are parts of Koula’s game that need work. Absolutely. I just see plenty of upside for the team having Koula back there and a chance to show us what he’s capable of.

Eagle 1

First Grader
And the two times Turbo was out-jumped by midgets in our red zone, lead to tries. And the numerous times he hasn’t been there to compete for a bomb or cover defend, leading to tries…

I agree, there are parts of Koula’s game that need work. Absolutely. I just see plenty of upside for the team having Koula back there and a chance to show us what he’s capable of.
Well we'll have a big sample from Koula, Tommy will be absent for a while. Would love to be proved wrong tho, but firmly in the Tom camp for FB on this one.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 6 -39 14