Tommy T Injured - usa bound

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Maybe his partner can get his confidence up in ways others can’t..I won’t get into details but I’m sure you get the drift lol..we just need our props and hooker to do their job which they failed against the broncos badly..if our props are aggressive and working hard like against the storm and we had a decent hooker then everything else would fall into place..Dce Schuster Trbo then can get their job done..but while we have inconsistent props and a team that for yrs have had handling errors and no real hooker we will never build consistency and see the absolute best from our team..winning consistently builds confidence..if everyone does there job it opens up room for Trbo to shine

One of Tom Trbojevic’s Manly teammates has revealed the star fullback is fully fit but recent injuries are “playing on his head.”

Trbojevic, who missed last week’s loss against the Titans with an adductor complaint, returned to the Manly side against the Broncos. While he was one of the better player on the park for the Sea Eagles, it was clear he’s not at his explosive best.

Teammate Aaron Woods said Saturday on Triple M that he spoke to Trbojevic after the Magic Round loss. “I had a good chat to him last night, because I was going to come on the show today and there’s been a lot of chatter around what is going on with him and if he’s fully fit,” Woods said. “He said he was fully fit but it’s more the headspace. “Over 0-10 metres, he’s sweet. It’s just when he has to get to that full stride, it’s sort of playing on his head a little bit because he’s had a few hamstring injuries."

“You know when you get to that full stride, it’s easy to think, whoa I hope it doesn’t go on me.”
Woods shed some light on what Trbojevic has done differently since returning from the States.
“He (Trbojevic) said that what they’ve done is it’s not so much the stride, it’s what he does when he strides,” Woods said. “He’s got to put a lot of force through the ground. “He’s changed his routine and preparation, not so much his running style but just the things he does before he gets on the field.”

One of Tom Trbojevic’s Manly teammates has revealed the star fullback is fully fit but recent injuries are “playing on his head.”

Trbojevic, who missed last week’s loss against the Titans with an adductor complaint, returned to the Manly side against the Broncos. While he was one of the better player on the park for the Sea Eagles, it was clear he’s not at his explosive best.

Teammate Aaron Woods said Saturday on Triple M that he spoke to Trbojevic after the Magic Round loss. “I had a good chat to him last night, because I was going to come on the show today and there’s been a lot of chatter around what is going on with him and if he’s fully fit,” Woods said. “He said he was fully fit but it’s more the headspace. “Over 0-10 metres, he’s sweet. It’s just when he has to get to that full stride, it’s sort of playing on his head a little bit because he’s had a few hamstring injuries."

“You know when you get to that full stride, it’s easy to think, whoa I hope it doesn’t go on me.”
Woods shed some light on what Trbojevic has done differently since returning from the States.
“He (Trbojevic) said that what they’ve done is it’s not so much the stride, it’s what he does when he strides,” Woods said. “He’s got to put a lot of force through the ground. “He’s changed his routine and preparation, not so much his running style but just the things he does before he gets on the field.”

Is it just me or has Woods become the new Zorba.,

If Tom has to put force into the ground when he runs then he will never get back his speed , power or elusiveness. You can't be running basically flat footed concentrating on putting all your force into the ground and think that you can step, swerve or accelerate at pace. It's simply not natural as you need to be up on the front balls if your feet to do all that. If this is what he's doing then we will never see what he produced in previous years. He doesn't have the power or centre of gravity build like a Tedesco who does run like that.

I think turbos influence on the team is screwing with turbo.
his importance on manlys outcome is evident from the outside and the inside
the corso sprint looked like it hurt him a little mentally which pushed his extra workload and brilliance
the team is on his shoulders and his longevity into a season weighs heavily on his mind, after the clubs very public extra treatment and his desire to not be injured again not just from his perspective but the teams

he needs a sports shrink i reckon. He is not the messiah
I think the needs a sports shrink as well to help him regain his confidence.

If Tom has to put force into the ground when he runs then he will never get back his speed , power or elusiveness
We need someone to design a new footy boot for him, something with a spongy sole so he forces it into the ground and it rebounds him far into the air, or straight ahead at great speed. Could be a secret weapon.
Can't be that hard to make. Any shoe manufacturers here?

Bounce Bouncing GIF

No doubt many sports people go through this sort of thing, but when Benji Marshall had ongoing problems with his dislocated shoulder, years of it.
I recall him saying he had trouble mentally & lost confidence thinking his shoulder was going to pop again.
But, at least the man could still run.

“Marshall has no hesitation in confirming that the demons were tough to shake. ''I'm the first one to admit it,'' he says. ''There was a time there where I was sort of nervous about whether I could get back to playing, let alone playing good. Just playing”
-SMH 2010

Last edited:
The best way for Tom to regain confidence and get back into some decent form, is his team mates to start ripping in hard and take the heat off him.
I realise he is the big $$$ man, but look at Latrell at south's, the entire team plays with Attitude and intensity which allows him to shine without being a 1 man band.
Anyone can believe the Woods "no injury" story, but you can see Tom struggling off the ball in recent times and obviously is not 100% physically.

He

He certainly hasn’t come back a rocket man
Here's a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry, be happy
Tommy T Injured USA Bound
Very soon he'll turn things around
Don't worry, be happy
Don't worry, be happy now

Last edited:
As Manly fans we've all been waiting for Tom to come out of his slumber and hit the
switch. And I think that time could be this Sunday against the Sharks, he needs to back himself mentally
and his body will do the rest. He's gone about a 3rd of the season with only minimal disruption, just need to bring it on Sunday.

As Manly fans we've all been waiting for Tom to come out of his slumber and hit the
switch. And I think that time could be this Sunday against the Sharks, he needs to back himself mentally
and his body will do the rest. He's gone about a 3rd of the season with only minimal disruption, just need to bring it on Sunday.
I really think he was much closer to the old Tommy in the second half last week, so I'm hopeful.

A bit furious though with Woods telling the world it's a mental thing. Really not his place.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14