Tom Trbojevic destined to be one of the greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With Tom I thought we were certainties to make 5th to 8th, now I think we are still a chance but it makes it very tough. I voted yes because this is where the players and the coach need to reshuffle the pack and come out with a good solid hand to play. This means more involvement from Walker and Hastings now looms as interesting option in the team.

Tommy has been providing so much spark, but it's now up to others that are showing good signs to show more (walker, kelly).

Tough but doable.

Said it a few times already but we are skinny in depth at fullback so this is going to make it tough for us. If TT is out for any length of time then I think we will struggle big time.

I can't see us being the same side with Hastings or Wright at fullback. Maybe The Phantom can play 1, but then we need to find a right centre....no point weakening one spot to strengthen another.

Hastings hasnt had much chance. So hopefully he can play 80min at fullback. At least we will have a goalkicker. Plus he will be hungry to succeed so i thk we still good for top 8. For all we know he could be our new xfactor!!

We chose to have a home game at Suncorp. We effectively chose to play against the Broncos and the ref. No chance a 50/50 penalty was going our way or that they were going to be back the ten. No chance.

We have no choice to take home games away for the cash. Got to cover the constant sacking of contracts for CEOs and back office staff. Not having a real plan is expensive way to run a club

We could manage to slip into 8th spot with a 50:50% record. There are a lot of teams that are of similar ability and injuries will play a big part in success.
Nothing we can do about Tom, but I think we need Kapow to be on the field for as long as possible. He tears it up, then we have little impact when he is replaced.
So, maybe it's prudent to play him in the back row, replacing Frankenstein. We have plenty of front rowers (when Lussick and Perret return). We lack much punch in our second row. I'd also like to see Lawrence play longer, and Poo playing out at Blacktown.

IF (and lets face it no-one knows) Tom is done for the year, I'd like to see us have a pre-June 30 play at getting Hiku back. It does create an issue for 2018 as to where you'd put him, but Panthers need to shed quickly (even moreso if they are making a play for cronk), he can't get get a consistent spot there in a very crowded backline. Playing for peanuts from us / rest of his $$ covered by panthers, for his future... Would he want to come back to toxic town? who bloody knows, i wouldn't, but we could do a lot worse if Tom needs to go under the knife.

I'm sure Hastings could handle it if required, but until im 100% convinced on api, i like him there as a utility and i'd ideally in an injury free game have him share that role 60/40 with api, and if he keeps that role, when lussick returns, hopefully that shifts browntown to blacktown, unlikely, but a man can dream.

Sunday morning pre-coffee ramble, lets just wait and see on the test results. Hopefully only a short stint on the sideline for the kid. would be devastating if it's bad news, shoe in for origin, and definite contender for world cup squad. that's alot of $ and well deserved accolades missed. they'll come in time sure, but the kid is ready and firing!

i really hope he isnt busted for the season.... It was my biggest concern at the start when snake was retired, tom hasnt finished a season since he debuted.... last 2 seasons were ended by an ankle injury, now a 3rd... it doesnt give great hope for the future when hes this injury prone in the one specific area

(edit: well, he may have finished last year, but it was on 1 leg and everyone said he shouldnt have played on but did because of the injury crisis.... but you get the point... 3 seasons all marred by ankle injuries)

IF (and lets face it no-one knows) Tom is done for the year, I'd like to see us have a pre-June 30 play at getting Hiku back. It does create an issue for 2018 as to where you'd put him, but Panthers need to shed quickly (even moreso if they are making a play for cronk), he can't get get a consistent spot there in a very crowded backline. Playing for peanuts from us / rest of his $$ covered by panthers, for his future... Would he want to come back to toxic town? who bloody knows, i wouldn't, but we could do a lot worse if Tom needs to go under the knife.

I'm sure Hastings could handle it if required, but until im 100% convinced on api, i like him there as a utility and i'd ideally in an injury free game have him share that role 60/40 with api, and if he keeps that role, when lussick returns, hopefully that shifts browntown to blacktown, unlikely, but a man can dream.

Sunday morning pre-coffee ramble, lets just wait and see on the test results. Hopefully only a short stint on the sideline for the kid. would be devastating if it's bad news, shoe in for origin, and definite contender for world cup squad. that's alot of $ and well deserved accolades missed. they'll come in time sure, but the kid is ready and firing!
@Supernintendo Chalmers, I have concentration difficulties, but I got to the part about Hiku and I like your thoughts mate

We could manage to slip into 8th spot with a 50:50% record. There are a lot of teams that are of similar ability and injuries will play a big part in success.
Nothing we can do about Tom, but I think we need Kapow to be on the field for as long as possible. He tears it up, then we have little impact when he is replaced.
So, maybe it's prudent to play him in the back row, replacing Frankenstein. We have plenty of front rowers (when Lussick and Perret return). We lack much punch in our second row. I'd also like to see Lawrence play longer, and Poo playing out at Blacktown.
No way Marty to second row he's just hitting career best form and the reason is he's a prop

No way Marty to second row he's just hitting career best form and the reason is he's a prop
What I'm saying is that we need him on the field for as long as possible, and our second rowers are not making an impact. Therefore, shifting Kapow to second row may improve the situation. Either that or you come up with more dynamic second rowers because I can't think of any we have this year.

What I'm saying is that we need him on the field for as long as possible, and our second rowers are not making an impact. Therefore, shifting Kapow to second row may improve the situation. Either that or you come up with more dynamic second rowers because I can't think of any we have this year.
I just don't think Marty is a 80minute player. The way Trent has them playing is like he doesn't want dynamic second row plays just honest toilers.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8