Tom Trbojevic destined to be one of the greats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ok, then the NRL need to address the question: why is it suddenly less dangerous to tackle someone in midair because the ball has bounced?

The rule was brought in because slamming someone into the turf from midair is dangerous, right?
Tom didn't have to leap for it. A mistake.

Please don't post threads with titles like this on a guess. If I hadn't been watching and heard the commentators say it wasn't as bad as first thought, I'd have had a heart attack.

Tom didn't have to leap for it. A mistake.

That's irrelevant though; it's either dangerous to tackle someone in mid-air, or it's not. The very last thing the NRL rule book needs is more ambiguous, grey area rules like "you can't do this, except if this random occurrence happens first, or the player's motivation for performing an action was incorrect, or the player you're performing the dangerous manoeuvre on happens to play for a non-favoured club..."

The guy jumping for the ball is either fair game, or he's not. Just like you can't stiff arm someone across the head because they fell or slipped into it - it's a safety issue, full stop.

That's irrelevant though; it's either dangerous to tackle someone in mid-air, or it's not. The very last thing the NRL rule book needs is more ambiguous, grey area rules like "you can't do this, except if this random occurrence happens first, or the player's motivation for performing an action was incorrect, or the player you're performing the dangerous manoeuvre on happens to play for a non-favoured club..."

The guy jumping for the ball is either fair game, or he's not. Just like you can't stiff arm someone across the head because they fell or slipped into it - it's a safety issue, full stop.
But let's not forget the rule says fair game when the player in the air is an attacking player. Ambiguity reins with this rule.

It's not an acl. Those injuries are a lot less noticeable. Most acl injury look like a simple knee bending the wrong way. That injury looked like his leg was going to have to be amputated.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8