Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters

double hoops

First Grader
lsz ( it’s an L not an I)

I know, got me for a while to until I had to message him once and @Isz wouldn’t come up for me!!
Lsz? Him? It's hard to keep up these days. But could it be Liz be a chick? Lizard is just as possible. Ahh I give up. Where is Bubbler Boy when you need him? He's up with the latest trends.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
35eb8e90c1bae72b2f7236b6036fa7af.jpg

Edit: Love the movie "Up" !!!!!!
Isn’t this @Woodsie ?

pjayz

The thing I don't get - we have all done some dumb things on the drink (or most)....yes he is under the media spotlight and its a poor example ect, ect, ect.....but here is my point - what he was strung up for, was hurtful to himself and the general public had the choice to show their mates and laugh or turn away appalled....others who have received the green light have physically abused / assaulted others and have still been thrown a lifeline....and hey, I can live with ppl getting a chance at redemption in most cases.
Personally, I have a belief - even good ppl do bad things, but the Carney situation is good ppl do dumb things.....if it's good enough for Paul Kelly - I think he deserves a gig in 2018....
I agree; however, I think the NRL seem to focus more on the number of indiscretions rather than the severity of them.

This way they manage the media response, i.e. if it is a serious but single indiscretion they can play the redemption card. Where if it is multiple minor indiscretions they put their foot down to avoid the media backlash when said offender stuffs up for the umpteenth time.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
I agree; however, I think the NRL seem to focus more on the number of indiscretions rather than the severity of them.

This way they manage the media response, i.e. if it is a serious but single indiscretion they can play the redemption card. Where if it is multiple minor indiscretions they put their foot down to avoid the media backlash when said offender stuffs up for the umpteenth time.
James Roberts belies that theory :think:

pjayz

James Roberts belies that theory :think:
Ahhh but you forgot the Bronco clause, i.e. “All rules do not apply to the Broncos, unless said rule is advantageous “. Then there is another clause that states “We reserve the right to manipulate rules as we see fit and without explanation”.

Jigzkiller

Bencher
People seem that desperate for a 5/8 that they would entertain this piss head. He is a grub not some unlucky guy who got in trouble once he was banned from his own home town. Just a reminder of the guy we are talking about I'm sure our sponsors would just love him to be in our team.
Our club can handle a below par season with a young 5/8 I doubt our club would survive a Carney scandal.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...le-from-his-past-mistakes-20140629-zsq9d.html

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He didn't rape, assault, kill anyone or root a dog, so can't understand the sanctimonious bull**** toward the guy. I've known plenty worse guys presenting at a catholic confessional and told all is forgiven son FFS!

Exactly, all he’s been is stupid , if you compare him to Lodge he should be nominated to become a Saint!!

Clay

Bencher
Given Lodges form in QLD cup last year I would have him in a heartbeat, sick of losing.
Carney is a saint in my eyes compared to him, however I see him as no saviour

Class of 96

Bencher
No just some don't let 3 time idiots get a 4th chance. I don't care about Lodge, Roberts or the other grubs in the game I care about the image of our club and put standards above grubs.

Mate, I understand and respect your opinion, and certainly didn’t single out your comments as plenty of others share your view.

My opinion is what he did was stupid, but in no way hurt anyone. I’d hate to think what the boys in the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s got up to that was unreported.

My point is we have become so bloody puritanical, sanitised and holy than thou ruled by the fun police, and then exacerbated by stupid social media that adores acts of stupidity by some, but then crucify far less hideous indiscretions. And in the case of Carney, indiscretions, not crimes against humanity.

Could go on and on with this argument, but will stop now to avoid boring people to death.

Last edited:

Jatz Crackers

First Grader
That's the standard you want at our club? glad your not making the recruiting decisions and the people in charge (Penn and Gorman) will not let him near the club.

Standards ? lol

Carney was quoted as saying he would walk from Qld to Manly to take up a position with us.

That seems a vastly more committed standard than some posters who have bagged our players & club so much in their brief undistinguished posting life.

For fck sake this is rugby league and not the choir boys association. There's always going to be scandal if we expect these blokes to be model A class faultless citizens. I just think people's expectations are too high. Not condoning criminal activity but pissing in your own mouth is just criminally stupid.

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 27 15