Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Seriously though, Carney's period in the Old Dart seems to have done him some good. Havent heard any bad reports and his football performances have been apparently worthy. Hackneyed as the comment is, sometimes a new start elsewhere and avoiding old associates can be enough to break down old habits and develop a rethink. It will be interesting to see how Carney goes if he returns to the NRL. May surprise but some do change if they choose to.

Seriously though, Carney's period in the Old Dart seems to have done him some good. Havent heard any bad reports and his football performances have been apparently worthy. Hackneyed as the comment is, sometimes a new start elsewhere and avoiding old associates can be enough to break down old habits and develop a rethink. It will be interesting to see how Carney goes if he returns to the NRL. May surprise but some do change if they choose to.

Something doesn't add up mate.

He was released from the final year of his contract. With no mention as to why.

His form wasnt atrocious. So you can only guess from there.

Attitude? Behaviour? Who knows.

if Matt Lodge can get cleared to play again there is no reason Carney shouldn't be. In fact the bar is now so low you'd pretty much have to kill Todd Greenberg and even then you might get a slap on the wrist...

if Matt Lodge can get cleared to play again there is no reason Carney shouldn't be. In fact the bar is now so low you'd pretty much have to kill Todd Greenberg and even then you might get a slap on the wrist...
Lodge has not been cleared to play NRL yet.

its all water under the bridge now

It is difficult to defend someone like Carney, he is such a d**khead but I'm going to any way. What he has done is stupid stuff that has affected the Clubs he has played for. Club have to present themselves in such a way to retain and gain sponsorship and keep fans and NRL happy. Carney makes this difficult to achieve by his actions.

The NRL have set standards where players can abusive junior referees, punch woman and kick guys in the head whilst they are on the ground, serve your suspension and come back and play.

Carney has a list of 10 stupid actions (we know about). I think it should be up to an individual Club whether they sign him or not.

Three players were released by Catalans in the middle of their contracts. hmmm. This included Taylor and Carney

Let have al the grubs back in the NRL

Lodge cleared as NRL return nears

Matt Lodge is a step closer to returning to the NRL after the QRL agreed to register a contract for him to join Redcliffe late last week.

The Dolphins are the feeder club for Brisbane which has cleared a path for the 21-year-old to eventually return to first grade under Wayne Bennett.

Reports emerged mid-year that Lodge was on the Broncos’ radar and held talks with the forward.

http://www.zerotackle.com/lodge-cleared-as-nrl-return-nears-24333/

Lodge being cleared helps the Donkeys

Do you really even know what they did?
Well some times you have to believe what is written. The courts found that Meehan assaulted and robbed a taxi driver. Lodge also went to court and his actions were that he assaulted a guy in the street because he would not respond to his drunken abuse. He then followed the guy and his wife up to there apartment and forced his way in. He threatened to kill the woman and grabbed the guy in a head lock and repeatedly punch him. These are the proven facts from the court. Do you think the courts got it right?

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10