To the armchair experts

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bird of Prey

Reserve Grader
Have been reading posts on the forum for a a couple of years and every now and then i might post a new thread or a reply and after a lot of the round one posts I cannot believe how shallow and negative people are. Can you imagine if some of the players actually read what people put on here about them (player should be advised by the club not to read the forum) its a wonder their confidence levels could be down. To the critics that actually think they know what and where players should be playing in the team when they probably like myself have never graced a football field and know didly squat about the game , do you actually think the club listens to what you have to say?

Bird of Prey you dont have to have 'graced' a football field to assess the value of those playing the game. Someone who has watched the dynamics of a football game for years is probably fairly astute regarding what seems to work and what doesnt. As they say, its not rocket science and if you look closely at the majority of the supporters who seem to be saying much the same thing, you usually see they have valid statements to make.

I read some of these comments and quite frankly they often seem to make more sense than some of the 'experts' in the media. Of course the coach knows many things we are not privy to, and he isnt going to make too many dumb decisions when his career rests on the outcome. But I wouldnt underestimate the knowledge base of a lot of spectators, some having watched the game for decades. May surprise you but you do learn something when you watch it over and again.

For sure thats all true. But its a forum .pretty much every forum in the world will have people whinging. Its nothin new. Gives a place to vent. The players and staff are allprofessionals they know what thier doin.

giphy.gif

See below, you were beaten to the punch

http://www.silvertails.net/threads/wow.48333/

Gracing a football field shouldn't be a prerequisite for eligibility to comment, otherwise you are discounting the worth of any number of female journalists' opinions. Having said that I imagine quite a few posters here have played the game at some stage in their lives, not that running around in Under 14's D Grade makes you an expert.

I wouldn't get too wound up about armchair experts, we've all had a go at it at some point.

Have been reading posts on the forum for a a couple of years and every now and then i might post a new thread or a reply and after a lot of the round one posts I cannot believe how shallow and negative people are. Can you imagine if some of the players actually read what people put on here about them (player should be advised by the club not to read the forum) its a wonder their confidence levels could be down. To the critics that actually think they know what and where players should be playing in the team when they probably like myself have never graced a football field and know didly squat about the game , do you actually think the club listens to what you have to say?

But you wrote only the other day:-

"Can someone provide what the Manly coaches win loss stats are since has been in a senior coach at the club. If it's as bad as I think it would be then why hasn't he been tapped on the shoulder and moved on. Please no childish goat photo comments."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So forum posters can't suggest where they think Taupau should play, but your happy to have peoples careers ended ?

Its a public fan forum

You'll have intelligent comments. You'll have dumb comments (I know I've made a few of those). You'll have funny comments and you'll have scathing comments.

Some from the club might read these forums, but I'd imagine that most wouldn't. And I think most of us know that the media have a tendency to read every clubs fan forums and get some of their story ideas from them (though they'll never admit it. All they'd admit to is having their 'sources').

All we do here is put forth our opinions. And we all know the old saying that opinions are like a backside body part that everyone has. And I doubt any of us saying things on here, good bad or otherwise, would make any difference to the players or coaches. They know they're going to cop it when we lose and get showered with praise when we win. Its part of being a professional sportsman or sports woman.

I think many overlooked the evil wizard factor (Hasler) when discussing Friday night's performance. Apart from one poor performance, he gets the Dogs competing really well when they travel to Brookvale Oval. This is his record at Brookvale as Bulldogs coach -> 4 wins from 5 games...
2012 Manly 10 - Dogs 16
2013 Manly 30 - Dogs 32
2014 Manly 32 - Dogs 10
2015 Manly 12 - Dogs 16
2016 Manly 6 - Dogs 28

@Bird of Prey

Don't forget mate this is an independent football forum, NOT a club run forum.

It's a democracy and people are free to say what they want and when they want.

It's human nature for us to vent after a dismal performance, and after a huge build up by ZtH and co over the last 4-5 months it's not at all surprising.

AND we have all been guilty of saying things in the heat of the moment that we might regret later.

I find avoiding the forum for a few days after a loss is a good remedy, and don't open the old threads.

But get used to it because it happens after every single loss!!

But you wrote only the other day:-

"Can someone provide what the Manly coaches win loss stats are since has been in a senior coach at the club. If it's as bad as I think it would be then why hasn't he been tapped on the shoulder and moved on. Please no childish goat photo comments."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So forum posters can't suggest where they think Taupau should play, but your happy to have peoples careers ended ?
Only asked if anybody new the coaches win lose stats and querying why he hasnt been tapped on the shoulder if his record is that bad . Didnt mention ending his career.

We can all be passionate ,some more than others .At the end of the day ,its just a game.

Armchair experts rule, in fact I think doing an upholstery course should be a prerequisite for posting here.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8