Pre-Game Titans V Manly [Round 7, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 34
Cbus Super Stadium
20 Apr 2024 05:30 PM

Team Lists

If we need to blood a young forward to replace AoA then this is a game that would suit.

I know why Seibold picked Woods for the Warriors , but he really shouldn’t be considered for this weekend , and that’s got nothing to do with his most recent game.

Yep the haters will hate , and pick apart whatever he did , but those with a football brain will know why he was selected over a debutant.

The pressure this weekend will be vastly different so not a bad opportunity to give Sykes or James a run if we are short.

If we need to blood a young forward to replace AoA then this is a game that would suit.

I know why Seibold picked Woods for the Warriors , but he really shouldn’t be considered for this weekend , and that’s got nothing to do with his most recent game.

Yep the haters will hate , and pick apart whatever he did , but those with a football brain will know why he was selected over a debutant.

The pressure this weekend will be vastly different so not a bad opportunity to give Sykes or James a run if we are short.
It's not Rd11 yet so James, Woods, and Matterson are the only forwards eligible outside top 30

Perspective time
Manly people do not hate Manly players
Manly people hate Mediocre Manly play

Those with a football brain know that Woods should have been left in his NRL fox retirement village when he was retired by his previous club
Also those with a football brain know that money wasted in woods could have been better invested

You dont have to be Einstein to know that there are better ways to invest money than dead money on players like woods

Oh okey dokey

Woods will then play weekend and continue to annoy the crap out of the haters.
I hope you enjoy the sluggish Woods live slow motion plays when he comes on for 10 meaningless minutes and slows our tempo down

To put your own crap- word in perspective
I hope you enjoy his crap low bench impact play feathered friend :)

I would swap Talau for Paulo and I think Lodge will start and Brown on the bench. BUT we know Woods will be in instead of GCKT.
Paulo has been in the squad for most of our games so I assume he stays. Been steadily improving with each game so I think Talau unfortunately will miss to make way for Saab. On the forwards, I would start the Bulley who I thought had a great game last week against the big warriors pack. Great leg speed and good involvement. My bench would be Brown, Lodge, Lawton and (yes) Woodsie. Not a bad side. I would love to see either of Sykes or Diaz given a chance in place of Woods but not eligible at this stage.

I hope you enjoy the sluggish Woods live slow motion plays when he comes on for 10 meaningless minutes and slows our tempo down

To put your own crap- word in perspective
I hope you enjoy his crap low bench impact play feathered friend :)
So James or Matterson instead , with neither performing in Reggie’s !!

But all good

Team list Tuesday will be interesting

No AoA
Croker ???
Sipley???

Garrick back ( you’d assume )
Saab back ???? ( maybe maybe not )
Lodge back ( but will they give him a run on Reggie’s first ).

Woods / James / Matterson / Humphreys / Gordie , could be picked.

DCE is playing like a 20 year old
Foran is playing like a player his age
and Woods should not be playing NRL at all

The moral of the story
Some players like DCE age like a Fine Merlo
Cheers DCE !
View attachment 26660

Bozo, you missed my meaning. The implication that Foran and Woods needed a wheel chair, even though no doubt stated in jest, I just felt denied the fact that these two players still contribute, though not to the standard they once had. I merely used DCE, who I have always held in high regard, as someone older and still playing and performing to first grade standard. I could have used Cliff Lyons as an example. He was 37, and almost 38 when he retired and was still contributing. Despite the criticism Woods receives, he still does his job as a back up forward. I certainly wouldn't have him as a first choise or in the first 13. However, his defense is always reliable and he does his grunt work adequately. He still has something to offer. Though only on the field for 13 minutes, he completed 8 tackles, no misses and made 35 metres. He held up his end when Manly needed strong defense. He's still useful as a back up. I recall last year when he was getting a serve, his defense was reliable with very few missed tackles. In the Blacktown team this year he has a 96.5% tackle dependability. Though I accept that's a lower grade and not as intense, fact is its slightly higher than our best defender, Jake.

Bozo, you missed my meaning. The implication that Foran and Woods needed a wheel chair, even though no doubt stated in jest, I just felt denied the fact that these two players still contribute, though not to the standard they once had. I merely used DCE, who I have always held in high regard, as someone older and still playing and performing to first grade standard. I could have used Cliff Lyons as an example. He was 37, and almost 38 when he retired and was still contributing. Despite the criticism Woods receives, he still does his job as a back up forward. I certainly wouldn't have him as a first choise or in the first 13. However, his defense is always reliable and he does his grunt work adequately. He still has something to offer. Though only on the field for 13 minutes, he completed 8 tackles, no misses and made 35 metres. He held up his end when Manly needed strong defense. He's still useful as a back up. I recall last year when he was getting a serve, his defense was reliable with very few missed tackles. In the Blacktown team this year he has a 96.5% tackle dependability. Though I accept that's a lower grade and not as intense, fact is its slightly higher than our best defender, Jake.
The haters won’t like this post

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8