Pre-Game Titans V Manly [Round 7, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 34
Cbus Super Stadium
20 Apr 2024 05:30 PM

Team Lists

It’s crazy we can comfortably beat teams like Penrith and the Roosters and yet still have zero confidence going up against the current worst team in the league.

The Titans are 0-5, just played 90 minutes in the last game of the round and one of their best players and captain is gone for the season. There is no reason we should lose a game like this but like the Dragons they seem to have a good record against us. I am fully expecting us to not show up and give Des his first win as their coach.

Any saying we will win by a cricket score needs to have their head checked. There are no easy games in the NRL. Titans will be desperate and if we don’t have a similar mentality. We will not beat them.

It’s crazy we can comfortably beat teams like Penrith and the Roosters and yet still have zero confidence going up against the current worst team in the league.

The Titans are 0-5, just played 90 minutes in the last game of the round and one of their best players and captain is gone for the season. There is no reason we should lose a game like this but like the Dragons they seem to have a good record against us. I am fully expecting us to not show up and give Des his first win as their coach.
Our players will know whats in front of them, sorry, there will be no ambush next Sat.

We are due for a huge win. I think this will be the one where the floodgates finally open and Turbo Tom finally clicks into gear no holding back. So in saying that, the Titans seemed to kinda come good this week so I will give them 2 converted tries (12 pts). Manly on the other hand I will give them 9 tries. I will only give us 7 goals this week because Garrick is coming back from a head knock and might miss 2. So that should see Manly win by around 50-12. That sounds about right.

We are due for a huge win. I think this will be the one where the floodgates finally open and Turbo Tom finally clicks into gear no holding back. So in saying that, the Titans seemed to kinda come good this week so I will give them 2 converted tries (12 pts). Manly on the other hand I will give them 9 tries. I will only give us 7 goals this week because Garrick is coming back from a head knock and might miss 2. So that should see Manly win by around 50-12. That sounds about right.
Sadly they don’t allow that much anymore , we’ll skip away to an 18-0 lead and then the penalties & 6 agains will start to even things up.

I see it game after game after game so much so I don’t bother watching most anymore.

Every game for every team is a different test and the teams that pass most of their tests will be playing finals footy

Sadly they don’t allow that much anymore , we’ll skip away to an 18-0 lead and then the penalties & 6 agains will start to even things up.

I see it game after game after game so much so I don’t bother watching most anymore.
It's so true, have you noticed the 6 agains are never evenly called by the ref, it's usually a 6-1 7-3 5-1 etc etc. And also, the 6agains are never scrutinized like penalties are.

We need to get the Penrith mentality and play every team like they are the best team in the league. Do this against the titans and we win by plenty. Go into it thinking we'll win easy and we get our pants pulled down

They should report on them in the stats more openly like they do with penalties. They have such a big influence on the games
Yeah, they sometimes don't list the 6 agains for viewing, probably something that they dont want to reveal to the footy public.

Some interesting things out of tonight’s game, thought it was pretty funny to hear that Des wanted his lads to get the baseball bats out if they had too, they definitely took it to Canberra, also interesting to hear Stick in the presser, he wasn’t real happy with Desie‘s tactics, guess they won’t be having that beer together after the game. Des, not happy with Badger and the charge down, think tonights just gone and fired him up unfortunately, he’ll be hell bent on getting his lads up for us, real danger game.

Campbell could be in doubt and good to see them have to grind out a tough 90, they were spent, won’t be an easy game this week, they looked like a different side tonight, no Boyd helped, AJ in the halves helped, he could end up back at FB against us, where his probably more dangerous, Kahn-Pereira another danger, hopefully tonight flattened their pack a little, cause they had a good crack, no way will this week be an easy game.

We will have a full strength 1-7 for the first time this year. On a dry track, that backline has A LOT of points in them, so very confident going into this game. 1-7 full strength considering Talau is the one picked over Paulo on the other wing which he should be. Higher rate of improvement from him compared to Jaxson and had a solid game against the Wahs.

Main thing that worries me about Titans is how well Des and Foz knows our side and the weaknesses we still have from 2 years ago. Foran targeted Chez last year with his rush in defence and aimed a lot of traffic down our right side in which they won. Although if we play like we have been in the last two games with high completion rate and middle domination, then we should win this one comfortably as being predicted.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8