Time to Unleash Moses the Monster in the centres

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So he has had 5 years to get his act together, But it hasn't happened, let someone else baby this juvenile through his extended puberty, Brad is a grown up who turns up, NO CONTEST.

I along with all passionate Manly fans like your self feel your frustration @QLDSeaeagle

Perspective time ....

Loyalty ....
The fact is the Monster has not done much of his Menacing Scary Monster Mash show in the last 5 years but his heart is in the right place at Manly accepting less money to sign his last contract and that is a positive that we can build on .

Ability ....
Another fact is that at 23 years of age Moses is due to grow up and when he does as we have seen what he is capable of. The Monster will grow to greater devastating displays then Parkers ability will ever allow him to
What you see from the predictable Parker is what you get and in the finals matches predictability is shut down. But X factor line breaking ability is what breaks games at the highest level and wins matches .

Positions in the team are not owned they are leased and you are only as good as your last game
Last game Evaluation .....

Hasler was very impressed with Suli’s game, saying “he had a whale of a game.”

The destructive centre was Manly’s best Suli ran for 217 metres, had nine tacklebusts, one linebreak, one line break assist and one offload in an a truly sensational performance.

Fox League commentator Dan Ginnane said Suli was “torturing these Raiders,” while Greg Alexander said he was “outstanding.”

Cooper Cronk was equally impressed, saying: “He had spiders on him at different stages.”

“I can’t believe Manly are letting him go,” Roach said while watching the towering centre carve up the Raiders.

Over to you Des .....
Great coaches do not give up on 23 year young men with ability . They build them up to become their best version and Moses the Monsters best Scary Monster Mash version will be an asset to our Manly team .

Along with Snake, I disagree. Parker has scored his fair share of tries... he is not simply a decoy. When we are in the attacking zone, Parker is a real threat because of his innate ability to run good lines. It overcomes his pace challenges. Where he struggles is in the middle third. Mind you, Suli is no speed demon neither and is not going to score any tries from the middle third, though he may make more bustling meters when he's on.
Yep, for all the line breaks, tackle busts etc that everyone was waxing lyrical about last week he didn't go close to crossing the stripe.

He has to change the way he runs at the defence in these situations. He runs too upright, and often too diagonally/sideways as well.

Parker learnt that early ... unfortunately his bending down to lower his centre of gravity is the main reason he keeps getting hit in the melon ... there is no solution for tall skinny buggers .. they will never dent a peach unless they put on about 2o kg's .. and at the risk of again upsetting the masses ... IMO (just my opinion) .. Saab's defense will never be good, better maybe, but good never ... he may learn what to do and when .. but his long legs and torso go all wobbly and UNCO when he has to adjust laterally or go backwards ... he turns from having the grace of a gazelle to being a moose on ice ...

Parker learnt that early ... unfortunately his bending down to lower his centre of gravity is the main reason he keeps getting hit in the melon ... there is no solution for tall skinny buggers .. they will never dent a peach unless they put on about 2o kg's .. and at the risk of again upsetting the masses ... IMO (just my opinion) .. Saab's defense will never be good, better maybe, but good never ... he may learn what to do and when .. but his long legs and torso go all wobbly and UNCO when he has to adjust laterally or go backwards ... he turns from having the grace of a gazelle to being a moose on ice ...
I know a guy that is tall and lanky like Saab, his mates nicknamed him NBF because he at times is like a "new born foal".

Agree, is good as he is to watch in the clear he can get very confused close to the line in defence and also when going for bombs either end.

As a side note, not sure what @globaleagle looks like on ice but you haven't painted a pretty picture @:D

, I wonder what Des sees in Parker that made him move Suli back to 18th man once Parker had recovered from his head knock :think:
Des is fond of the movie Forest Gump, and he put Suli to 18th once he remembered " Life is like a box of chocolates, You never know what you are gonna get.

Our wingers get more ball in space outside of Parker and his reads in defence are good. We have plenty of strike across the park we need to defend. Big matches are won on the back of great defence.

Our wingers get more ball in space outside of Parker and his reads in defence are good. We have plenty of strike across the park we need to defend. Big matches are won on the back of great defence.
For sure. Also a winger's performance in defence is heavily reliant on the centre inside him.
Harper/Wasaabi is a perfect example. Sili would kill any winger's defensive numbers.

Coming in late here, but I hate the decision that Suli doesn’t play this week. We have numerous guys only in the side because they got given a chance and took it, the same opportunity should be afforded to Suli

Parker generally is good defensively but has been dropping off in that area recently, his game against the Sharks was an absolute shocker. I still never feel safe when he is involved in the play

What Suli lacks, can be coached. What Parker lacks can’t be coached

Talk about the finals, the last finals game we played as a club, Suli absolutely destroyed a rep centre and was one of the finest finals games I’ve seen from a Manly-Warringah player

Last edited:
Coming in late here, but I hate the decision that Suli doesn’t play this week. We have numerous guys only in the side because they got given a chance and took it, the same opportunity should be afforded to Suli

Parker generally is good defensively but has been dropping off in that area recently, his game against the Sharks was an absolute shocker. I still never feel safe when he is involved in the play

What Suli lacks, can be coached. What Parker lacks can’t be coached

Talk about the finals, the last finals game we played as a club, Suli absolutely destroyed a rep centre and was one of the finest finals games I’ve seen from a Manly-Warringah player
Respectfully disagree with much of this, barring perhaps the last point.

What you refer to as Parker's "dropping off" in defence is still miles ahead of the best we've seen from Suli to date.

As for ability to be coached, I would argue you have it arse-end around. Parker has shown humility and nothing but a willingness to work hard at his game, despite whatever perceived shortages there may be in his natural ability. Suli is the one who has often fallen short in desire and self-driven hard work. That cannot be coached.

Respectfully disagree with much of this, barring perhaps the last point.

What you refer to as Parker's "dropping off" in defence is still miles ahead of the best we've seen from Suli to date.

As for ability to be coached, I would argue you have it arse-end around. Parker has shown humility and nothing but a willingness to work hard at his game, despite whatever perceived shortages there may be in his natural ability. Suli is the one who has often fallen short in desire and self-driven hard work. That cannot be coached.

And Parker’s best now is a mile better than what it was a couple of years ago, Suli hasn’t had regular game time to showcase improvements in that area, his defence was fine last week. For years Matai was tagged on here as a disgraceful defender, he figured it out

In the past Suli has certainly made some poor choices, can only judge his current state of desire by the shape he is in, that’s a ****load of hard work when you have a natural propensity to be bigger

I don’t want to beat up on Parker, I should clarify when I say what’s he lacks can’t be coached, I’m talking athleticism and power, I admire what he does, but for me what he offers isn’t enough to come straight back into the side over a guy who was MOTM last week and has played well every opportunity given lately. It’s a tough school for sure, but the opportunit came through injury and he took it, like Harper, Olakau’atu, Sipley and Lawton for example have done as well

The positive is for a club with supposedly no depth, we have discussions like this about Suli, Cust etc

Gee, I wonder what Des sees in Parker that made him move Suli back to 18th man once Parker had recovered from his head knock :think:
A hallmark of Hasler teams is that he backs his judgment about which players will end up making the best team. His teams always are a work in progress and usually are a fair bit better by the end of a season, partly because he gives the players the opportunity to build teamwork.

I can't recall him ever dropping a player just because they miss one game through injury.

Suli himself lost his own spot to Harper because he was injured for an extended period. Same with Siro and Jetski, who were each gone for about 3/4 of the year, and their spots were well and truly usurped by then.

While Suli was injured, Harper never put a foot wrong and his defence noticeably improved the right side consistently over a number of weeks. When Suli was fit again, he was given some chances over on the left side, including at centre and wing, but obviously didn't do quite enough to unseat Parker, or our wingers. He was even given a few more runs off the bench because he clearly can add something to the team.

I suspect it was quite a close call this week about whether to give Suli another shot at left centre, but the unfashionable guy gets to hold his spot and I don't mind that at all.

I'm just happy we have Suli ready to go when needed. Hetherington might knock Parker out again this week which would surely end his season.

Yep, spot on @Dan.

I think if you asked most fans who they want in their teams each week.
The guy that averages 7/10 each week with the occasional 9 and the occasional 5
or
The guy that averages 5/10 each week with the occasional 9.5 and the occasional 3?

Simplistic I know.
Sound about right?
Moneyball is a good example of this exact statement

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11