1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to do your bit

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Jatz Crackers, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    As always there is a lot of talk around at this time of year and fair dinkum, you blokes do carry on about any & every subject.

So its time to put words into actions however minor. Wether it be a game day habit or superstition you are required to nominate it and commit to doing it today before the game starts.

I have a ridiculous habit that appears to be a lucky charm for Manly. I do a bunch of normal things to prepare for the game but most importantly i have a shave just prior to kickoff. Thats right, when I have a shave we win.

Nominate what it is & state you committment to doing it today.

2. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    This series I am wearing my 08 Jersey that has not been washed since just before the 08 GF.

I have outdoor speakers, which get my pre-game Manly playlist blaring to let the neighbours know we are playing: Manly victory song, ride of the valkeries and eagle rock.

If I don't play that playlist, we are no chance!

3. twitchk

twitchk Active Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Now you have got me feeling like I need to shave! Dammit.

4. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    If your a good sort, even the legs will do. Anything for the team you know.

5. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Oh no i think i had better shave as i have not shaved since our last win. Seriously!!

6. EagleEyes

EagleEyes Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    ahh i better shave to now, have not since before last win. Start fresh for the finals lol.

And i have worked out this year that when i wear a manly jersey to the shops we loose!! But when i wear my grey manly 1947 hoody we win, so that's my bit of superstition!

7. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +554 / 9
    I need to get drunk. When i do that, the world keeps turning. Existance is the first step towards victory.........and failure. ****, I'd best stop confusing myself & go and get libated.

8. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    I have started my pre game ritual of drinking heavily. First vodka red bull down. Game on moles.

9. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    If I don't put my jersey on at least 10 minutes before kick off we lose! I'll be putting it on early but just about to mow the lawn in my manly training shirt and possible manly footy socks.

I'll be reinstitution touching the brookie oval grass next year

10. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Dan gets my vote for supporter of the year for mowing the lawn like that. We need photo proof mate.

11. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4
    How is your piece of hallowed turf going, Dan ? Did you manage to keep it alive ?

12. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I would normally be going to the semi final but can't make it tonight, so my normal ritual prior to watching it on TV is to decide which jumper to wear.

I have about 10 different Manly jumpers and there are ones that I feel bring better luck than others and should be used according to importance of the game and my relevant confidence of our chances for a win. Top of the list is a Steve Menzies signed jersey that is only worn for GF's. Bottom of the list is the white with maroon hoop retro jersey which was commissioned during rivalry round in 2005 and we got pumped 68-6 by the Sharks. This was the infamous game where Kingys metres gained stat was something like 1 hit up for 3m or something ridiculous. Anyway that jumper never gets worn on game day, as I believe it is cursed. I'm thinking tonight I will wear the 96 Pepsi strip, albeit extremely faded now, or the 2008 home strip for a bit of luck.

Great thread subject by the way Jatz.

13. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    The turf died but getting new batch sent up.

As for mowing the lawn I can not find my socks so just mowing it in my training shirt, Leanne won't let me wear manly Boardies at the same time but she is going out soon so I am going to chuck them on to do the lawn once she goes

14. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    I have no superstition because id have to commit that **** to memory, and well i couldnt be farked . The fridge is always got beer, the bar is always stocked, there is always food. As I am the house bitch i have dinners, lunches always sorted as well as to not oppose the timing , manly gear gets worn 3 or 4 times a week anyway as i love pissing off queenslanders. Probably get dressed into manly PJ's or similar. Maybe my manly is back T shirt and trackies

Todays game could be a organisational issue though. With the probability of the warriors beating the broncos i better get my ducks in line as i dont want to be mid celebration and find the game is about to start. Oh well i will just pause it and miss the jibber

Run my son raggered this arvo so he crashes hard,Early dinner, get the son asleep and boil the kettle for a few cups of tea, turn off all phones, and FOCUS
    Then ill start yelling at the ref, good hits, dirty play and stuff like that

I suppose first things first, i have my brother in law here atm who is a cowboys fan so if i want to concentrate, ill have to ship that bitch out , and soon

15. Narly

Narly Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Serious the best thing you can do is get your ass to the SFS & cheer the boys on...

16. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    I don't have the same routine but I did stumble on this which must be a good omen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3shN3t2kfQ

17. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Firstly I dress the dog. That works every time.

18. manlyforever08

manlyforever08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Nails have been re-painted even though they looked fine; uggs boots will be worn, ribbon in my hair, big bow headband and Snake's Alive will be there. I'm so keen!!!

19. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    I have a ridiculous habit that appears to be a lucky charm for Manly. I do a bunch of normal things to prepare for the game but most importantly i have a shave just prior to kickoff.

Mate I reckon u should go the whole hog today and get a Brazilian wax :)

20. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,737 / 257
    Pray!!

And I'm not even religous