This shoulder charge stuff

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cant wait for sticky's opinion on this 1, the only time i enjoy watching this dckhead is when he blows his top....come on Ricky give em a spray. Hahaha whats another couple of grand for the sake of entertainment.

How the hell does Ennis who actually came in late, on a man who passed the ball in a vulnerable position, NOT get suspended - while Wighton cops 3 games...if this was Turbo I would be blowing up deluxe.

And I don't know if it was just me ( probably ) but I thought Burgess put a shoulder charge on James Graham while he was being held - yes it was at his hip but there was no attempt from Burgess to wrap his arms around a stationary player, he lined him up so no wonder Graham lashed out at him, I thought it was cheap shot.

Typical NRL, they crap on about player welfare when they make these rule changes but seem to pick on the accidental ones and are blind to the intentional ones, there were quite a few last year that got suspended for just bracing themselves for an impact.
To me the Wighton one was just a high speed collision that happens in contact sports so move on.
They wonder why less of us are watching.....whoops, actually I don't think they have clue.

And I don't know if it was just me ( probably ) but I thought Burgess put a shoulder charge on James Graham while he was being held - yes it was at his hip but there was no attempt from Burgess to wrap his arms around a stationary player, he lined him up so no wonder Graham lashed out at him, I thought it was cheap shot.

Typical NRL, they crap on about player welfare when they make these rule changes but seem to pick on the accidental ones and are blind to the intentional ones, there were quite a few last year that got suspended for just bracing themselves for an impact.
To me the Wighton one was just a high speed collision that happens in contact sports so move on.
They wonder why less of us are watching.....whoops, actually I don't think they have clue.
No mate...seen that also.
Personally I enjoyed that little Stoush with Burgess/Graham, the commentators did as well....funny how a blind eye can be turned with these type of things including the shoulder charge & even lashing out with the boot (Matai would cop 3-4 weeks for either)
You are 100% right though...consistency...NOT !!
Some of the inconsistencies are pathetic & another pet hate is when a player is falling & 6 inches off the ground...the defender tackles with no intent...but it gets him high..."Hello - common sense required" Mr whistle blower....

How did Ennis escape a charge for his shoulder charge?

14202645_1040306619409619_8761796668137366553_n.jpg

The decisions that were made in the weekend show why the fans have no faith in the judicial process. Ennis had to be cited for it being a late tackle at least. The Canberra player deserves a ban. How brainless up by 40 and do something stupid like that.
Agree, how can the nrl say with a straight face that Ennis does not seserve to be cited? Just a joke.

Agree, how can the nrl say with a straight face that Ennis does not seserve to be cited? Just a joke.

Michael Buettner.....isn't he a doesn't-matta junior who also played for North Sydney (and sadly the NE)?

That would go a long way to explaining his side of the stupidity that is the NRL judicial process lol.

They have no idea. No consistency. Its a lottery. Ennis one looked way worse. He looked as though he came out of the line to deliberately hurt green with the shoulder. Wighton was trying to save a try with his whole body

They have no idea. No consistency. Its a lottery. Ennis one looked way worse. He looked as though he came out of the line to deliberately hurt green with the shoulder. Wighton was trying to save a try with his whole body
No Idea - YES
No Consistency - YES
Its a Lottery - NO (I wish I had as much chance of winning the lottery as I have of predicting a corrupt process under this regime!)
FWIW - YES the Ennis one was way worse.
:banghead:

The decisions that were made in the weekend show why the fans have no faith in the judicial process. Ennis had to be cited for it being a late tackle at least. The Canberra player deserves a ban. How brainless up by 40 and do something stupid like that.
True as far as following the rules goes. But missing an entire finals campaign for that tackle shows how ridiculous the rules are.
Yes shoulder charges are bad and can be dangerous, but why does if have to be such a hefty punishment for such a minor collision where no one was even close to being injured?
A tackle like that one should be less than 1 week suspension worth of points so that the next time you do something you are suspended.

Did tab have a market on this.

How the hell can anyone be convinced of a level playing field. This crap hits teams at so many levels.

Wasnt furner just in the news about giving the NRL a spray about the parra punishment for the cap. Coincidence, no such thing

On the eve of finals there is a massive stink to this.

How the hell does Ennis who actually came in late, on a man who passed the ball in a vulnerable position, NOT get suspended - while Wighton cops 3 games...if this was Turbo I would be blowing up
True as far as following the rules goes. But missing an entire finals campaign for that tackle shows how ridiculous the rules are.
Yes shoulder charges are bad and can be dangerous, but why does if have to be such a hefty punishment for such a minor collision where no one was even close to being injured?
A tackle like that one should be less than 1 week suspension worth of points so that the next time you do something you are suspended.

Yep, I've always thought it should like the slide tackle in soccer.

It's a part of the game, do it right and it's beautiful and effective but get it wrong and pay massive consequences.
Risk v reward.

Hate the rule with a passion, but as it stands, both deserve to be suspended...
Been having this argument with my mate all day (die hard raiders fan), just because they got the ennis one wrong, doesn't mean they should turn a blind eye to everyone else's illegal hits... Wighton lined him up and knocked the snot out of him with an illegal shot... Deserves what he gets

Hate the rule with a passion, but as it stands, both deserve to be suspended...
Been having this argument with my mate all day (die hard raiders fan), just because they got the ennis one wrong, doesn't mean they should turn a blind eye to everyone else's illegal hits... Wighton lined him up and knocked the snot out of him with an illegal shot... Deserves what he gets
I get the call as far as rules being rules....thing is Wighton hit him with a shot with the ball....Ennis - watched the bloke pass the ball, continued to track him...then make a late hit ....both shoulder charges - yes....if anything, due to the circumstances, I think Ennis was a fair bit more in the dog shot mould on an unsuspecting player & even if not worse by the textbook - definately the Grub award...

Yep, I've always thought it should like the slide tackle in soccer.

It's a part of the game, do it right and it's beautiful and effective but get it wrong and pay massive consequences.
Risk v reward.
Problem with that is potential for litigation towards the NRL.If a player gets long term damage from a shoulder charge,there is a chance they can sue the NRL for not outlawing the tackle.Ask the Ackerman family from the Sunshine Coast whether they think the shoulder charge should be banned.I was supportive of the shoulder charge until I heard the details of that tackle

I get the call as far as rules being rules....thing is Wighton hit him with a shot with the ball....Ennis - watched the bloke pass the ball, continued to track him...then make a late hit ....both shoulder charges - yes....if anything, due to the circumstances, I think Ennis was a fair bit more in the dog shot mould on an unsuspecting player & even if not worse by the textbook - definately the Grub award...
Yea i get that, but wighton also cleaned old mates clock with a head clash and that clash was a direct result of an illegal tackle... If i was in charge ide scrap this idiotic shoulder charge rule and let them go back to actually playing a contact sport again...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4